Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17
    First Grader

The Broncos forum complaining they didn’t get enough penalties. They got the penalties 11-4. WTF are these idiots on about. They already got gifted a win on penalty that wasn’t again just the Tigers. Sounds like those whinging rednecks believe they have a god given right gut to win no matter how.

No wonder they are the most despised team in the comp.

To be honest I am not sure whether I am more happy about the gutsy win by the Titans or the piss poor effort of the rednecks

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    The Broncos forum complaining they didn’t get enough penalties. They got the penalties 11-4. WTF are these idiots on about. They already got gifted a win on penalty that wasn’t again just the Tigers. Sounds like those whinging rednecks believe they have a god given right gut to win no matter how.

To be honest I am not sure whether I am more happy about the gutsy win by the Titans or the piss poor effort of the rednecks
    I had a bit of a look at their Forum and I had two takeaways
    1-The quality of the writing on their forum is really poor compared to the quality our members put on here.
    2-it’s full of advertising, in fact you are bombarded with it. I got sick of its layout very quickly.

[QUOTE=Whats Doing;379554]The Broncos forum complaining they didn’t get enough penalties. They got the penalties 11-4. WTF are these idiots on about. They already got gifted a win on penalty that wasn’t again just the Tigers. Sounds like those whinging rednecks believe they have a god given right gut to win no matter how.

I had a read of the Drongoes forum as well. There was general slagging of all of their players and the largest range of excuses i have ever read. My absolute favourite was that most of their players have young families and easter egg hunts with the kids might have taken their mind off the job.

Kane Elgey finally straightened up and played at the line... and threw two try assists. So happy to see.

I hope the coach sits him down in the film room and emphasises the difference he makes to the team when he's playing straight. If he keeps it up, I can't wait to watch his running game come on. At the moment, his first instinct is to pass 100% of the time, so when he chooses to run, it's after he's already looked around for someone to pass to, and lacks any deception or putting the defence in two minds. Once he starts throwing that dummy close to the line, watch out!

I also think the shot he put on Gillet early in the first half, on our 30m line gave him a tonne of confidence. Hopefully our left edge defend like that for the rest of the season, as it will go a long way towards Kane producing his best in attack. Really good signs. He's going to need to build on that game from here on out, because I think Brennan has already signed his replacement 5/8 for next year if the LG&Ash combo doesn't work this year.

I am flabbergasted at how good Arrow is going. He was so dominant on both sides of the ball again last night, and he was everywhere. What a beast. He's going to play his way into a Qld jersey much sooner than I had expected.

Some great performances out of James, Wallace, Max King, Sami and Copley aswell. Huge effort from each of them. If that was a benchmark game for each of those guys, we're in for a good season.

I'm hoping Latu works on his fitness and defensive discipline, because I think we need a bit more punch/creativity from.our bench, and I'm thinking he might be the guy.

Cartwright is a real puzzle right now. With the way Arrow is going, and the fragility of our edge defense, I just can't see where he fits in the team. Unfortunately, I don't think we're a team that can afford to burn a bench slot on a guy to play 1 minute, too often. Will be interesting to watch.

Shoutout to the bloke behind me in the away supporters bay who was providing some pretty mean heckling for home side, such as "Yeah Brisbane, you can't even get the Commonwealth Games". Stick it to em fellas.
    Last edited by K2G; 02-04-18 at 09:40 PM.

Voss with his “we all want to see the jet Roberts take off right now” was frigging disgraceful.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

The real difference for us is Gordon. Watching the replay he is just class at the back. Dependable and reliable, despite a few missed kicks and letting a try in, he’s still a hundred times better than anything we’ve had in the last few years, actually I’d say since Campbell.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Voss with his “we all want to see the jet Roberts take off right now” was frigging disgraceful.
    He should have said 70% instead of all. 10% for titans fans and another 20 who just watch to hate on the broncs

K2G I think Cartwright is on the bench if we need to spark some attack if we are behind on the scoreboard. Now I know you're all going to say he hasn't done that for the Titans and I agree. But Brennan and staff are looking for the potential they know he is capable of.

You could also argue he is cover for a centre if an outside back goes down.

He’s not as bad as anasta. He’s first generation in his family to walk upright. Dead set anasta and Steve roach are disgraceful. I used to prefer the fox call, but with “expert comments” from these guys it’s getting pretty rough.

Quote Originally Posted by isaiah View Post
    He should have said 70% instead of all. 10% for titans fans and another 20 who just watch to hate on the broncs
    Is that the best you've got? Better than anything your team of poseurs put up. Anyway, nice to have you around ... lololol.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by K2G View Post
    Shoutout to the bloke behind me in the away supporters bay who was providing some pretty mean heckling for home side, such as "Yeah Brisbane, you can't even get the Commonwealth Games". Stick it to em fellas.
    Hahaha that's a good one.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Was a great game guys and girls.

Almost everyone had a stormer except for poor ol Koni with his hands, and Proctor not much better.

We looked hungry and played with Intent from the very outset.

the running plays with double lead runners worked for 3 of the tries i think. and when Ash can choose to hit short, or go long to Kane who can then also go short or long thats a lot for a sliding defence to cover and think about... lets keep working on that structure. If we can nail it it will be good for 2-3 a game

James is a beast and up there with Bull as best forward and leader. Myles and Bird are no longer fit to tie his shoes ( Nate wasnt anyways. )

I said Arrow was a Wallace clone earlier in season due to his work ethic, fitness etc, but that doesnt do him justice. he has been SUPERB and is already a fan favourite for his hearty displays. him James and Wallace middle forwards is immense.

King is on fire.

Peats had his best game and made strong contact, was gripping onto to runners and bringing them down heavily. Was near the two tries, but i think both were more a cause of others not covering there area properly. If Gordon didn't turn and start heading away Macaa probably doesnt even try to score there, and the other gap was big on the inside with no cover and Gordon should have been there but over covered ( the coached positioning is to stay one player back inside the ball carrier isn't it, whereas Gordon had gone almost a full player to the outside of Kodi Nik )

Ash was Ash, maybe one of his more all round polished efforts, from try assists, short kicks to repeats, and long kicks at the right time. a very well balanced game. His pass for Copleys try was incredible, fast, flat and took them by surprise. Lucky it was to Copley as Koni or Proctor drop it 9 times out of 10 it was that hard and flat

Welcome back Kane. He obviously needs to string a few together before we all forgive and forget his troubles, but he made some great tackles with Matthews riding shotgun, passed well, and kicked ok. When he is on it relieves Ash quite a bit and i think after his first try assist, Broncs were spooked at it happening again and over read so Ash had the tasty short option to Copley available

And good on Garth for not just spinning his rotations every 20 minutes or at some arbitrary time of the game because 'thats what you do'... he felt out the game, and let the guys doing the job, continue the job. Great instinct for the game and i loved him trusting the guys to keep working even though they were gassed.

- - - Updated - - -

just watched the Niko ry again - gordon was actually in decent position on the fields, but body position was pretty bad and was turned out and he couldn't turn back and make the 3-5 metres before Niko could run 15, but Niko is demon over 10-15
    Last edited by DavidBouveng; 03-04-18 at 01:24 PM.

Totally agree, what a jerk.
    Both of them

What a game that was! I love bumping into broncs fans after a loss...but this week has been exceptional. My sadistic streak has been a mile wide this week. LOL!

It goes to show what can happen when your forwards aim up. The dragons debacle was an excellent example of how things go horribly wrong when your forwards aren't dominant. Your halves are hamstrung without room to operate.

Against the broncs, our forwards were on fire. I hope our young blokes keep following the example set by Wallace and James. We will terrorize a lot of sides if we can maintain the rage. That's the key. Can Brennan keep up the momentum/enthusiasm of the team? Time will tell...

Can't wait for Sunday!!