Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Wallace return frees up Titans' James
    https://www.sbs.com.au

Gold Coast captain Ryan James expects to benefit personally from the return of prop Jarrod Wallace from suspension to play St George Illawarra in the NRL.

Ryan James expects the return of Queensland Origin prop Jarrod Wallace will allow him to run amok on the edge against St George Illawarra.

The Gold Coast captain is happy to have Wallace back from a three-game suspension as the NRL side looks for ways to plug their own centre-field defence and stop the unbeaten Dragons on Sunday.

James played in the front row last season and, while he will still do stints in the middle this season, is likely to see more time in the second row with Wallace's return.

"I get to go back out on the edge and get to stay there now," James said.

"I will find my way into the middle at some stage but that was always the plan."

The Titans leaked an equal NRL-high 91 missed tackles across the first two games of the season, with Wallace's size and pedigree set to benefit a squad that's light on representative experience.

"It's (defence) been a focus since November to be honest," Brennan said.

"With Jarrod back in we're getting close to where we need to be ... bringing an Origin quality player into our squad ... it's massive."

The Dragons started the round on top of the table and, with Brisbane recruit Ben Hunt pulling the strings, will provide the new-look Titans an opportunity to see where they're at.

"They're red-hot. Broncos and Cronulla are the two scalps they've had, quality teams and did a quality job on both those teams."

Wallace will push Keegan Hipgrave out of the 17, while Ashley Taylor is fit to play after missing last week's game with hamstring soreness.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Titans star Ash Taylor reveals his best Toowoomba insights
    https://www.thechronicle.com.au

GOLD Coast Titans star Ash Taylor has revealed his "must do" things in Toowoomba ahead of Sunday's historic NRL clash in the city.

The Toowoomba product says Tabletop Mountain is the ultimate thing to cross off the Garden City bucket list, while dining out at Club Glenvale is his choice restaurant.

In a video posted by the Gold Coast Titans, Taylor goes from half-back to tourism promoter with the one-minute clip, tackling the big question first: the 'must do' in Toowoomba.

"Tabletop Mountain if you're really into outdoor adventures," he says.

"That's really a nice one to do. It's (a) good view."

Staying true to his sporting prowess, Taylor bills Club Glenvale on Boundary Rd as his favourite restaurant.

"My favourite is probably the Glenvale hockey club," he says.

"It's a pretty big pub and it's a pretty good set-up.

"If you're lucky you'll get to watch a hockey game and have a few quiet beers but other than that it's a good feed and I just love going there with my mates."

While State of Origin, and especially game three last year, is his favourite live event in Queensland, Taylor's dream holiday destination is with family and friends in the outback.

"Obviously going back home to St George," he says.

"It's in the country and I just love visiting family and just going back to connect to nature and see family and friends at the same time."

Taylor will line up for the Titans at Clive Berghofer Stadium on Sunday for the historic clash against St George Illawarra Dragons.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Inactive User

Anyone in The Forum gone to the game on The Members Trip?
    How was the trip there if so and what’s the Titan to St Merge supporter ratio inside the Ground?

AS hoped by many, Wallace is starting and Latu to the bench. Hipgrave in the 17.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    AS hoped by many, Wallace is starting and Latu to the bench. Hipgrave in the 17.
    Love the 17-just would of liked Cartwright beginning on the bench and Hipgrave starting. Only a minor detail though.

I'm glad Gasnier is in the studio and not at the ground. Christ is there a dumber and more annoying commentator than this mong.
    And then Blocker Roach spoke.

Anasta would be one ... in fact I dislike most of them.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

Once again we are world champions at the horror start

No doubts we will win this. (Cameron McInnes at hooker, give me a break!)
    Dragons line up like a bottom 8 side so time to launch our true potential/ability.

Elgey is trash. Drop ball, bad read, then gives away a penalty, all in the space of 5 minutes.

Blocker roach commentating and Henry perenara refereeing bloody hell

LG is seriously starting make me wonder if he’s up to standard

Sami is standing at half catching the kickoffs, to me that shows how low on confidence Kane is

Quote Originally Posted by rj62 View Post
    LG is seriously starting make me wonder if he’s up to standard
    I am thinking the same

Koni run the f*****n thing