Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
    Inactive User

^^^ I don’t do FB......much more measured and knowledgeable community in here. Got rid of FB a decade ago and never looked back. I guess that’s one reason why I am so prolific in here.
    I’d hate to see the FB page right now.
    Glad to read your comment then re The Coach behind closed doors.
    Hope they show them the game on the Bus Trip Home.

I have nothing other than that was pathetic.
    I have also cashed in my Elgey chips, he is just struggling. Our edge defence is as bad as it has ever been and that’s saying something.
    Gotta go stir a pot now with my Wooden Spoon.

Still driving home from Toowoomba.
    - If Latu plays one more game for the Titans it will be one too many.
    - Ryan James should not play on an edge.
    - Cartwright sucks but unfortunately LG sucks more. Move Carty to 6 because we can’t have two complete defensive liabilities on he field at once.
    - Positives: Proctor and Sami tried hard.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by rj62 View Post
    I’d like to see wholesale changes - left field question . Rein at 5/8?
    I don’t think that’s left field at all. I was thinking the same.

James was more a true reflection in the press conference of how things went today.
    I’m going to say it up front never have I seen a worst performance from a Titans team.
    I don’t give a stuff what Brennan said in the press conference because at the end of the day he is responsible and any more performances like today then put his head straight on the chopping block so we can minimise the damage.
    Get some balls Brennan as we’ve been way to exposed to this type of bullsh!t and we ain’t going to take it anymore.

I was full of optimism leading into the game today now I’m feeling more displeasure with the club than any other time in history.
    (How the hell do we expect to get new members when the forever faithful are struggling with the current state of play.)

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin the Titan View Post
    I don’t think that’s left field at all. I was thinking the same.
    The fact that he runs at the line at the very least is worth exploring. Plus he can tackle.
    What’s to lose?

It's not all bad.
    1. The mighty Western Suburbs Magpies are back in the comp and leading after 3 rounds.
    2. I don't have to waste any money going to Lang Park next week to watch that sh!te.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Trust me Bodsy he will be giving it to them behind closed doors. A few players were found out during pre season for effort and were given a real serve/dealt with pretty firmly..

Not at all surprised a rookie coach plays it safe and maintains optimism at all costs toward the media. Doesn’t want to create headlines or become a meme. Let’s try and keep this in mind before flipping out over a press conference like half of the Titans Facebook community
    Like you, I would be hoping that he goes ballistic behind closed doors. That press conference had a touch of the old Carty press conference where we all waiting for some reaction but got nothing.
    I just wish he wouldn't trot out the frap about new combinations, left side blah blah. Better to say nothing than talk BS. Don't hang the players in public but don't say stuff that you think any supporter will swallow. That today was lack of heart and poor skills, nothing else.There are some horrible signs that many of these blokes are just lapping up the easy money on the Coast and not putting in, locals included.
    Oh well that does me on the NRL for tonight. I'll switch on the cricket and watch our team play within the spirit of the gentlemans game. Oh wait.

Junior

I’ve been an Elgey fan for a while, but time is surely up. Cartwright doesn’t have the defensive starch to play in the middle, but could have makings of a handy utility. Peats needs a kick up the ****. We can’t afford to be playing two hookers. We need the extra bench forward. My team looks a little like this;
    1. Gordon
    2. Don
    3. Copley
    4. Hurrell
    5. Sami
    6. Rein
    7. Taylor
    8. Wallace
    9. Peats
    10. James
    11. Proctor
    12. Hipgreave
    13. Arrow
    14. Cartwright
    15. Latu
    16. Mattews
    17. King

Ok but would put Brimson in 6, lose Peats for Rein and get Simpkins on the bench.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Ok but would put Brimson in 6, lose Peats for Rein and get Simpkins on the bench.
    Shows how bad we are going when blokes like Simpkins start getting a mention.

Problem I see is that after what was in the presser (new combos etc) doesn't that tie his hands with not changing too much up?

HS, are the players that were "found out during preseason" in the squad now? If so then I don't think they were dealt with "firmly" enough and we are seeing it on the field unfortunately.

Anyway, Broncos next week and they are looking absolutely terrible so anything could happen (with the right ref).

I'd say Titanic is just looking for some cover for Rein in his team

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    You might be right. It just worries me that our poor defence seems to derive from a lack of trust in our young halves. Particularly on our left edge. I’m not convinced another young half is the answer. An older head might be the short term solution while Elgey goes back to QCup to rebuild.

A small loss of about 10 -16 I would have not been too worried about seeing how it’s round 3. However that loss today is clearly worrying. For mine Dark needs to go back up front. Arrow needs to go in the second row and be on LG side Hippagrave lock.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady