Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Look at the tigers, everyone fighting for their spot, nofalouma dropped first round, everyone digging in for each other in defence, that's all I wanna see, is that too much to ask? Garth needs to make a statement this week that that's not good enough, drop elegy, Latu, and possibly Carty, copely, peats and maybe a few others

Such a poorly coached side, the cohesion and desire in defence shows it.

This team is wooden spoon material atm
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

I must admit to having a slightly different perspective fellas ... that was a really poor bitter effort for sure but with our roster and new set-up we were always going to finish near the bottom ... 13-16 was my pick and with that comes some horror performances and that was one ... my expectation is some serious sorting-out of the issues through selection ... now the hard work really starts but I wouldn’t be expecting too much too soon.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I must admit to having a slightly different perspective fellas ... that was a really poor bitter effort for sure but with our roster and new set-up we were always going to finish near the bottom ... 13-16 was my pick and with that comes some horror performances and that was one ... my expectation is some serious sorting-out of the issues through selection ... now the hard work really starts but I wouldn’t be expecting too much too soon.
    I think we were all expecting some horrible performances however that doesn't soften the blow.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I think we were all expecting some horrible performances however that doesn't soften the blow.
    I seriously thought that those days of getting seriously annihilated, humiliated and embarrassed were over with the heralding of the new owners and coach

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    That’s what worries me HS we haven’t got the depth

One question though is fogerty an option I know he hasn’t got a contract with the titans but gee what I have seen of Burleigh he is looking the goods
    He’s not really unless we have a genuine reason for not playing A and can justify this to NRL. I personally don’t think Fogarty is NRL standard although he is a very good Cup player.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    Look at the tigers, everyone fighting for their spot, nofalouma dropped first round, everyone digging in for each other in defence, that's all I wanna see, is that too much to ask? Garth needs to make a statement this week that that's not good enough, drop elegy, Latu, and possibly Carty, copely, peats and maybe a few others
    Lol mate we wouldn’t even be able to fied a team

FU$King bad.
    I was an LG fan but I know when to jump. He is offering nothing.

The only answer from where we sit for 5/8 is to up the ante for Peach and play him there.
    We must take some desperate action or we'll struggle to win another game this year.

Might as well experiment all over the park we could not play any worse.

Embarrassing is the only thing to say

Wallace looks a month behind where he needs to be , should've started with Burleigh or Tweed

Most of our points came through Hurrells side of the park , something there needs serious work

Panthers are as good as gone with Cleary surely the Peach wants an early out..

If Simms isn't sighted the Dragons become the Donkeys twin
    #itaintweaktospeak

Inactive User

Hoping the soothing measured words of DB can help me feel better
    Bad enough dealing with the Sunday night blues but to have this humiliation thrown in it’s a bit distressing

Watched the presser. Anything I would have been happy to hear wouldn't have been professional and everything I did hear hasn't affected my feelings after that game and looking forward.

After three games we are still blaming new structures and combinations? He thought we never gave up? Anyway, nothing could be said that was going to be both professional and appeasing for my thirst for blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Hoping the soothing measured words of DB can help me feel better
    Bad enough dealing with the Sunday night blues but to have this humiliation thrown in it’s a bit distressing
    Lol
    Beer also helps

Just watched the press conference, what is Brennan thinking with some of his comments like titans never gave up come on he must of been watching the kids playing on the hill, I was one hoping Brennan came out in the press conference and made a statement and grilled the players for what they dished up but wasn’t I wrong talked like he supported their efforts and blamed being a new side with new structures come on Garth pull the other one he should of been glowing red with steam coming out of his ears but he seemed relaxed and not to fussed about the game

While I admired Brennan's positive attitude at the start of the season, the presser was embarassing to watch. As Junction pointed out, blaming new combinations and structures is pathetic (he said how the right side was all new however Ash, Proctor, Koni and Don was our right side last year). I understand coaches often can't say what they actually think but him saying Elgey did plenty of things well and that it's all part of the "journey of a player"...surely he can't believe that. And him saying that he believed we were trying 110% the whole game is worrying if that is true. Hoping we aren't stuck with another coach that is content with that sort of performance.

Inactive User

^^^ yeah I was very underwhelmed too. I don’t like making excuses such as new combinations, new structures, it will take time. It gives the players a crutch to lean on.
    I can only hope he’s saying one thing to the press and another thing behind closed doors to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    ^^^ yeah I was very underwhelmed too. I don’t like making excuses such as new combinations, new structures, it will take time. It gives the players a crutch to lean on.
    I can only hope he’s saying one thing to the press and another thing behind closed doors to them.
    Trust me Bodsy he will be giving it to them behind closed doors. A few players were found out during pre season for effort and were given a real serve/dealt with pretty firmly..

Not at all surprised a rookie coach plays it safe and maintains optimism at all costs toward the media. Doesn’t want to create headlines or become a meme. Let’s try and keep this in mind before flipping out over a press conference like half of the Titans Facebook community