Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Oh well so much for Super Coach Brennan. Another trying season ahead. So embarrassing.
    I tried to tell people not to read too much into that win against Canberra. We are the same rubbish team we've been since 2011.

This club is in real strife if something doesn't change soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan68 View Post
    Lonegull , if ya going on todays game , Elgey isn’t the only player who should have a look at themselves.
    There’s 16 other players who need to have a good long look at themselves also.
    No one is saying Elgey is the only one at fault. No one showed any sort of effort today. But questions have to be asked if 1. Elgey is the right one to partner Taylor, and 2. If Elgey is really the one to carry us to the top 4.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    The difference is Elgey has shown nothing since his return from injury last year. It isn't 2015 anymore.
    Yep how long does he need it’s a big step from the NYC and Elgey is the classic example of a great player against his own age but when it comes to playing against men different story

I can't think of too many worse efforts than this. Defence has just been a total joke both in the middle and wide. There's been plenty of blokes singled out with Latu, Elgey, Koni due special mentions for their pathetic efforts but our captain James has been missing after that great round 1 effort.
    Lost for words about this disgrace really.

Don't believe the commentators. Fox sports has us at 32 missed tackles with 6 mins to go.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Don't believe the commentators. Fox sports has us at 32 missed tackles with 6 mins to go.
    I thought 32 is being good to the titans I thought it would be nearly double that

Rep Player

I dont pay membership every year to have my team turn up like they did today. Im not silly enough to ever think you are going to win every game but this consistent lack of effort makes me wonder what is going on. Is the GC just the big contract, beaches and sun lifestyle ploy for players? Look at what Brad Thorn has done with the QLD Reds every single player has to earn their place in the team week in week out regardless of how big your contract is (I know apples and oranges here but still). Our 17 today is not up to first grade standard in a number of areas. If you cant tackle or arent fit enough then **** off back to QCUP and decide if you want to be a first grade player. Brennan and the club as a whole need to start doing instead of just talking. I have faith in Brennan in a coach and all rebuilds take time but we are talking about the same issues we have had since carty

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by rj62 View Post
    No one said super coach - breath of fresh air mainly . The air is just in a small bag this afternoon.
    I’ve heard lower grade players referring to him as that term
    It’s been said
    Don’t overanalyse-it’s just a reality check for everyone

45 missed tackles so far

- - - Updated - - -

Weak as piss defence

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    Yep how long does he need it’s a big step from the NYC and Elgey is the classic example of a great player against his own age but when it comes to playing against men different story
    To be fair Kane was great when he first played against men in 2015. AJ is yet to show dominance at ISC level either so not sure what the solution is in the short term.

Hoping Brennan wields the axe but with the squad we’ve got, who do we even bring in?

For a long time we have blasted our left edge defence but after tonight it’s fairly obvious our right edge is just as shoddy. Long season ahead fellas buckle up

I’d like to see wholesale changes - left field question . Rein at 5/8?

So much for Brennan’s commitment to the titans fans that every week they will compete and the team they are playing will know their in a game

The press conference will be interesting will see what Brennan is made of see if he is a powder puff coach or not

Makes me wish I had Widdop in my supercoach team. If there are no changes to next weeks team then I'll have no respect for the coach. Some of these players should have big enough stones to hand their jersey to the coach in the sheds right now. if the likes of Koni, LG, Latu and Bryce don't they're having a lend of all of us as fans of the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    I’ve heard lower grade players referring to him as that term
    It’s been said
    Don’t overanalyse-it’s just a reality check for everyone
    Well said Bodsy. I was never truly sold on Brennan tbh, so what, the guy is a supercoach in the lower grades? He's unproven at NRL level. If you want to see a good coach who can turn a team's attitude around look no further than Ivan Cleary at the Tigers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    To be fair Kane was great when he first played against men in 2015. AJ is yet to show dominance at ISC level either so not sure what the solution is in the short term.

Hoping Brennan wields the axe but with the squad we’ve got, who do we even bring in?

For a long time we have blasted our left edge defence but after tonight it’s fairly obvious our right edge is just as shoddy. Long season ahead fellas buckle up
    That’s what worries me HS we haven’t got the depth

One question though is fogerty an option I know he hasn’t got a contract with the titans but gee what I have seen of Burleigh he is looking the goods