Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
    Junior

Whichever way we go I think we can all agree that we can’t continue with Cartwright in the middle and Elgey in the halves. Brennan said he wasn’t afraid to make tough calls. It will be interesting to see if he is true to his word. I don’t think I could stand another loss to donkeys.

Actually know that I think about it we have no choice but to move Cartwright to 5/8. Cartwright will defend better than LG and won't be hard to offer more in attack (no brainer)
    James back to the middle and Arrow to lock. (Brennan can stick his "ball playing lock" up his clacker.)

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Trust me Bodsy he will be giving it to them behind closed doors. A few players were found out during pre season for effort and were given a real serve/dealt with pretty firmly..

Not at all surprised a rookie coach plays it safe and maintains optimism at all costs toward the media. Doesn’t want to create headlines or become a meme. Let’s try and keep this in mind before flipping out over a press conference like half of the Titans Facebook community
    Totally agree mate well said

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Problem I see is that after what was in the presser (new combos etc) doesn't that tie his hands with not changing too much up?

HS, are the players that were "found out during preseason" in the squad now? If so then I don't think they were dealt with "firmly" enough and we are seeing it on the field unfortunately.

Anyway, Broncos next week and they are looking absolutely terrible so anything could happen (with the right ref).
    One of them isn’t, another hasn’t played NRL this year.

Feedback from the players is that he is big on effort and application so if that’s anything to go by then today’s lot will get a belting.

Let’s not forget that a week ago we were commending our effort against the warriors and a week before that against the raiders. Not saying that excuses today by any stretch but gives some perspective

QLD Cup

With our up coming schedule and today's (and last two weeks form) the season will be over before we get back to Robina.

Fans were promised a team that would compete......I just didn't realise they meant the Tigers.

It has been too many years of this.......I no longer feel disappointed.

With all due respect HS we are only as good as our last game.
    Lets get real!

Inactive User

Floodgates opened today....that’s a very serious matter to address.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic Believer View Post
    With our up coming schedule and today's (and last two weeks form) the season will be over before we get back to Robina.

Fans were promised a team that would compete......I just didn't realise they meant the Tigers.

It has been too many years of this.......I no longer feel disappointed.
    Also mate we were promised that we would be the entertainers.
    Well we're the entertainers alright it's just for the opposition's fans though
    Last edited by RavShamrock; 25-03-18 at 10:08 PM.

There is no puzzle to LG, he is a running half that is not running.

He is the most skillful player in the club and he is the key to a winning outfit.

Carty is nothing like his uncle, he's soft and with a inferior offload
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Did Hipgrave not play?
    Bring back Kevin Gordon

First Grader

Hope Brennan is not a Rick Stone clone or we are in real trouble

Feedback from the players is that he is big on effort and application so if that’s anything to go by then today’s lot will get a belting.

Let’s not forget that a week ago we were commending our effort against the warriors and a week before that against the raiders. Not saying that excuses today by any stretch but gives some perspective
    Cheers, not coach bashing yet. With the results being all over the place in the NRL the last few weeks we aren't in such a dire position as some others thankfully. The last thing we need is to do is go from bad to worse (or worst) by making knee jerk reactions however I still believe some changes need to be made.

Even though I was as deflated as everyone else yesterday I resisted the urge to respond straight away when everything was still raw. I have read here and elsewhere posts about Brennan not being up to 1st grade standard and we will struggle to win another game etc. Ridiculous. Give the guys a chance. How he/the team respond to this result will be a real indication.

Granted we were woeful yesterday, but the Dragons have been the form team of the comp putting nearly 40 on the Broncos in rd1. In reality we were never going to be there at the end of the season, but all I was hoping for was a team that improved throughout the course of the year. Yesterday was difficult to watch but we were always going to have our struggles early in the season. I will wait and see how the coach and team respond.

We're still putting a team together. At least we've gone away from the days when we were just buying 30-something hasbeens who only wanted to pick up some money and retire on the coast. Pretty much everyone we've picked up over the last couple of seasons has been young and up coming, still with stuff to prove to get into rep teams.

It was horrible yesterday, but you have to come up with a plan, have faith in it, and stick to it going forward. Or you're just starting from square one all the time...

Howdy Hail Sezer, you seem the most likely person on the forum to know (but if anybody else does, please feel free to chime in), so can you tell me which, if any, of the coaches in our current set-up is most responsible for coaching our defence? I believe last year under Henry it was Craig Hodges. With Hodges still in our coaching ranks as far as I'm aware, have things changed much with regards to coaching our defence with Brennan coming in?