Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Some more performances like that and they’ll all be back plus some sadly I’m back to China Thursday
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Any PAX on Broncos v Titans?
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Don’t know about the crowd at Suncorp but whoever goes can they please note prices of food and drink and compare it to CBus stadium prices. I find $8.30 for a beer and $1.00 for a drinks tray a tad over the top. I will always attend home games but these prices (food and drinks etc) would have to keep people at home. It costs me on average just under $80.00 every home game...and there is only 2 of us. Anyone with kids would be paying similar or more.
    Last edited by shamus; 01-04-18 at 08:51 AM.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    Don’t know about the crowd at Suncorp but whoever goes can they please note prices of food and drink and compare it to CBus stadium prices. I find $8.30 for a beer and $1.00 for a drinks tray a tad over the top. I will always attend home games but these prices (food and drinks etc) would have to keep people at home. It costs me on average just under $80.00 every home game...and there is only 2 of us. Anyone with kids would be paying similar or more.
    From my experiences the cost of food etc is very similar across the 3 stadiums (Metricon) as the same company has the contract for all three (Michael O’Brien I think)
    This is where the club gets a raw deal, they have no control over the pricing of the food and drink, and get no return from it as I understand. But they cop the criticism.
    On the upside at least they will serve you a cold drink. I was at ANZ for the GF and they were serving Luke warm cans and don’t serve ice...

Attendance today, 5135

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    Attendance today, 5135
    Well I think the pros outweighed the cons here. Well done Gladstone.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    Attendance today, 5135
    Bloody hell...well they were a bloody loud 5000 through the TV

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    The atmosphere came across well on the tv but I think the NRL cannot be playing at venues that have a 5,000 capacity. It really looked like a junior league ground, not to mention that the frequent shots of Dan Murphys kept making me thirsty. I think we are a bigger sport than playing at grounds like this.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    The Pro that means the most for me is that we have left an almighty seed in Happy Rock. There were lots of Titans colours around in the crowd and for a town which is in Broncos heartland we might have just opened the back door to Rockvagus through Happy Rock. Massive pluses for mine.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Totally agree the atmosphere through the tv at Marley brown oval was electric, you would think there was 4 times the amount there sounded more like a crowd of 20,000

They had to restock the beer supplies in the second half so that may have had something to do with it as it was a warm day and plenty of coldies were consumed. Really well behaved crowd overall though.
    Was a great day and I think with a little bit of investment in some temporary stands that crowd figure would have been higher. If they reconfigured the hill they could get closer to 10k, better than some eastern sydney crowds.........

What venues around the Gold Coast could hold say 10,000 people and give that atmosphere?

wrong thread
    Last edited by teke; 09-04-18 at 11:34 AM. Reason: wrong thread
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    wrong thread
    I'm happy with the thread that it's in.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    What venues around the Gold Coast could hold say 10,000 people and give that atmosphere?
    None that I can think of. Gladstone would warrant another game if they could get capacity up to about 10,000. Apparently the Sunny Coast was interested at some stage and it would have been interesting to see what they would have attracted. I think that ground there holds a decent crowd these days.