Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Parra getting thumped again, this time by Raiders.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Woeful Cowboys sink to a new low
    http://www.couriermail.com.au

THE Cowboys are facing one of the most embarrassing flops in NRL history after slumping to their fifth straight defeat in a shock 27-10 loss to Canterbury last night.

There is no way to sugar coat this. The Cowboys were terrible against a Bulldogs side ranked 15th after five rounds.
    The 14,434 in the crowd at 1300SMILES Stadium were left in a stunned silence as North Queensland hit five straight losses for the first time under coach Paul Green’s leadership.

“We’re putting ourselves under too much scoreboard pressure,” Green said. “It’s a tough competition. You’ve got to fight for it. We’ve got the ability and group of players. We’ve got good team spirit and morale. We’ve been down some dry gullies before and we’ll fight our way out.”

The Cowboys have made a habit of defying the odds, winning the 2015 title after losing their opening three matches, and qualifying for last year’s grand final from eighth, but this is a daunting challenge. No team in the NRL era has made the grand final after starting the season with a 1-5 record.

With co-captains Johnathan Thurston and Matt Scott back from injury, Michael Morgan, the NRL’s best player in last year’s finals, and Jason Taumalolo seemingly unstoppable, the Cowboys were considered leading contenders for the 2018 title.

The problem for Green is that there is not just one part of North Queensland’s game that is struggling. The entire team is playing poorly and at times looked like they had never met each other.

Their much-hyped forward pack has not fired a shot in 2018. Taumalolo is far from the player that has been the NRL’s best forward for the past two years and Scott, in his 15th NRL season, is struggling to bounce back from a knee reconstruction.

Veteran Gavin Cooper was ill-disciplined, fullback Lachlan Coote is out of favour and five-eighth Morgan is mired in a horrific form slump.

“We’ve got to fight tooth and nail for everything,” Thurston said. “We’re working extremely hard and will continue to until it turns around.

“It’s going to test our leadership. I know I’ve got the boys that will continue to work hard.”

The Cowboys looked lethargic from the opening whistle and were repeatedly penalised for failing to retreat 10m, allowing the Bulldogs to bounce out to a 12-0 lead on the back of three penalties and a fortuitous try to Marcelo Montoya.

Tries to Kyle Feldt and Ben Hampton gave the score some respectability, but the Cowboys suffered a further blow when Scott hobbled from the field in the dying minutes.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Inactive User

Alright what’s gone down at Manly?? Why is Jackson Hastings being shopped around and why are the Manly players refusing to play with him?
    I know it’s to do with DCE but how about any specifics??

If Hastings has had a blew with the Cheery wanker then that will do me… Sign him up pronto Brennan.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/2018/04/15/...ht-lovers-tiff

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl...d72f2901a22504

Couple of nothing articles. Sounds like Hastings put a hit on DCE at training?

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    If Hastings has had a blew with the Cheery wanker then that will do me… Sign him up pronto Brennan.
    He’s got good utility value too and he’s young with a point to prove. Sign him Garth. Go and be “the player whisperer”.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    He’s got good utility value too and he’s young with a point to prove. Sign him Garth. Go and be “the player whisperer”.
    No way. He left the Roosters for exactly the same problems he is now having at Manly. Not who you want in a team environment, plus the fact that based on what I see he is average. He might be a utility and able to cover a few positions but that doesn't mean much if your ability is pretty average.

Well if he put a hit on the Cherry wanker then that tells me Brennan has already signed him and Hastings was just following orders.
    Hip Hip…. Hoorah!

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    No way. He left the Roosters for exactly the same problems he is now having at Manly. Not who you want in a team environment, plus the fact that based on what I see he is average. He might be a utility and able to cover a few positions but that doesn't mean much if your ability is pretty average.
    Yeah MT but DCE hates him and that means that I love him

An enemy of an enemy is not always a friend.

How about the stats from the warriors v dragons game. I didn’t watch so the stats look ubelieble to me.
    I think the Warriors has around 39% of the ball and had a penalty count of 13-5 against and missed tackles of 63 (warriors) - 22 (dragons)
    Some of the other stats look nuts as well. WTF!

Enjoyed watching the Wests Tigers play the Wests Tigers (Newcastle).

Good on ya on the win Knights. Only just realised this game was in Tamworth. Good stuff.

Inactive User

Hayne injured again
    Ha ha
    That gives me a bit of joy in an otherwise bitter nrl weekend

I might become a Manly fan, it'll make me feel better about the Titans. Sorry MT.

HaHaHaHa! Manly are a Dead team walking.
    Do we really think Hastings was the root of their problems? I doubt it very much