Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Inactive User

This is glorious stuff watching Cecchin penalise Melbourne for all the garbage they've gotten away with for the last 15 years or so
    Cecchin is the best referee since "Gentleman" Col Pearce back in the 1960s

And at fulltime so good to see Melbourne handling defeat with such dignity
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 30-03-18 at 08:56 PM.

Yeah I'm with you Bodsy. Even though the commentators are whinging about I feel its taking the game back to the basics and gets rid of the cheating **** some teams were getting so good at,
    In fact, I think it should help us because we could never buy a penalty even when a team was cheating against us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    This is glorious stuff watching Cecchin penalise Melbourne for all the garbage they've gotten away with for the last 15 years or so
    Cecchin is the best referee since "Gentleman" Col Pearce back in the 1960s

And at fulltime so good to see Melbourne handling defeat with such dignity
    It was a painful game to watch and the ref did not manage the game well. He should have called the captains out early and binned someone not fallen for the Slater trick that got Lewis binned. I agree that Ceccin is the best ref overall but tonight he was poor. I was embarrassed for the game watching that.
    That said, if we are to have a chance against the Broncos then that is exactly the type of spoiling game we need.

Inactive User

Vautin and Gus carrying on and saying it was a terrible game due to the referees

Bulldust-that was two hours of epic entertainment thanks to Cecchin
    Great stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    Yeah I'm with you Bodsy. Even though the commentators are whinging about I feel its taking the game back to the basics and gets rid of the cheating **** some teams were getting so good at,
    In fact, I think it should help us because we could never buy a penalty even when a team was cheating against us.
    Thanks for backing me up RVS
    Memo to the Coaches-there’s a rule book. Read it.

As a Titan's fan I've been so frustrated for so long with our games because I feel we are nearly always impeded by our reputation/status in the game by referees and for some reason we seemed to be punished like naughty kids. The refs seemed to have lost control over the way each club wanted to manipulate the rules which becomes part of their ether (like the Bulldogs having no regard to staying on side out wide etc.)
    Thats why it made it so weird for me when we lost to the Dragons because I had no left over feeling that we'd been ripped by the ref (which is how I feel on many occasions).
    Anyway, for me I'm glad the governing body is taking a stand on the rules and when things settle down a little and teams have time to react the game and the Titans will be better for it.

I think the NRL was getting so far away from the rules it was a joke. You don't have great sport without reinforcing the rules with consistency which then provides a satisfying spectacle. Hopefully the NRL are bringing back the DNA of the game.
    NOW FOR THE SCRUMS!!!!!!
    Last edited by RavShamrock; 30-03-18 at 09:45 PM.

Vautin and Gus carrying on and saying it was a terrible game due to the referees

Fortunately I only watch 3 games a year on channel 9 and they are Origins as Fox don't have them. As some bloke on LU said, Archer let the standard of the refereeing by the rules slip for many years and they are now reffing to the rules.
    The guys on Fox were giving it to the ref to some degree but moreso because he didn't bin someone rather than referee like a Mexican standoff. The players were not changing and he just kept blowing penalties rather than control it.
    The game wasn't ruined by the ref though. Even when he wasn't blowing penalties the players were dropping the ball and making basic errors. I have certainly seen some sh1t standard games this last two weeks, but the refs have not been to blame. The Cows were flat last night and the standard of the Dogs and Rabbits was lousy as both teams were poor.
    Last edited by Mexican titan; 30-03-18 at 09:34 PM.

Did I hear there was 33 penalties?! Should I watch this game? People going ape on social media.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Did I hear there was 33 penalties?! Should I watch this game? People going ape on social media.
    Penalty count of 19-14 against the germs but I was very impressed with Cecchin not taking any crap from anyone & continually walking players who back chatted & then binning the protected species who had something to say when he was marched himself , he got the binning of Lewis wrong because Slater took a dive & should be fined for trying the soccer approach..

We whinge when we don't get penalties & now we complain there are too many penalties....I say well done for enforcing the rules but I hope the same amount of policing is still being enforced in round 25..

Also the extra large Nelson is a grub so he's Definatly well coached by the grub coaching King
    #itaintweaktospeak

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    100% worth watching. Watch the Storm slowly unravel as they unsuccessfully try and break down Cecchin’s nerve and then slowly and surely lose the plot.
    Best game to watch all year other than our Canberra win.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Penalty count of 19-14 against the germs but I was very impressed with Cecchin not taking any crap from anyone & continually walking players who back chatted & then binning the protected species who had something to say when he was marched himself , he got the binning of Lewis wrong because Slater took a dive & should be fined for trying the soccer approach..

We whinge when we don't get penalties & now we complain there are too many penalties....I say well done for enforcing the rules but I hope the same amount of policing is still being enforced in round 25..

Also the extra large Nelson is a grub so he's Definatly well coached by the grub coaching King
    So perhaps things will quieten down with the whistle, if as you say they keep policing the rules.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

100% worth watching. Watch the Storm slowly unravel as they unsuccessfully try and break down Cecchin’s nerve and then slowly and surely lose the plot.
    Best game to watch all year other than our Canberra win.
    Thanks watching now. Might be a turning point game.

Interesting that two of the favourites for 2018 are in trouble. Cowboys and Storm. It's going to be a great year with plenty of traffic jam for the Top 8.

God Warrirors up on the Roosters. 18-6 - 30 mins to go.

Spine tingling WWWAAAAARRRIIIOOORRRSSSS chant.