Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

I was just wondering and checked twitter. Searched #NRLEelsManly and sure enough... just minutes before he had gone up the tunnel. Wow. So glad to see the back of him.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Hayne injured again
    Ha ha
    That gives me a bit of joy in an otherwise bitter nrl weekend
    And here I was thinking I was alone with that thought ...

Inactive User

I wonder how the Warriors Forum, Facebook page etc is going right now.

Gee the Warriors look stupid doing the breathing exercises after tries when they are getting absolutely lapped like this

I thought they only did that after their own tries?

Just booked tickets today for the double header when we play Melbourne. Girlfriend is a Storm fan too. Well that should be an interesting weekend if Melbourne play like they are tonight...

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    Just booked tickets today for the double header when we play Melbourne. Girlfriend is a Storm fan too. Well that should be an interesting weekend if Melbourne play like they are tonight...
    Oh that'll get interesting. Hope we get a result like last year for you.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Good luck with your 250 GI. Do us a favour and remind the Broncos what they missed out on. (SMASH EM!)

Why superstar Greg Inglis really reneged on Broncos to join Rabbitohs
    Peter Badel, EXCLUSIVE, The Courier-Mail
    October 1, 2014 10:00pm
    A PENRITH millionaire, a warning to David Gallop and a Broncos dispute over a $70,000 legal bill helped deliver Greg Inglis to a Souths club on the cusp of premiership glory.

The Courier-Mail can outline the confluence of forces that drove Inglis to Souths, ending a four-year mystery over the specific reasons for reneging on his Broncos deal.

As Inglis and the Rabbitohs prepare to end the club’s 43-year title drought in Sunday’s NRL grand final against the Bulldogs, it can be revealed:

■ Former Penrith first-grader Lew Zivanovic, now a construction tycoon, secretly brokered Inglis’ defection to Souths;

■ A 200-game Broncos legend sensationally slammed former coach Ivan Henjak as “moody”, turning off the Test star;

■ Inglis was five hours away from signing for AFL club Essendon in 2010, telling former NRL boss Gallop to register his Souths deal or he would quit; and

■ His move to the Broncos finally collapsed when Brisbane baulked at Inglis’ outstanding legal debts stemming from a matter during his time at former club Melbourne.

Boxing champion Anthony Mundine has widely been touted as the man who orchestrated Inglis’ defection, but Zivanovic last night confirmed he had steered the Maroons ace to Souths.

Rabbitohs boss Shane Richardson was so stunned by Zivanovic’s offer he later quipped: “We’ve won our 21st premiership”.

“I helped Souths because Richo was a good friend of mine and I didn’t have faith Penrith’s management could look after Greg. That’s the honest truth,” said Zivanovic, speaking for the first time about his role in Inglis’ shift.

“Greg’s manager Allan Gainey is a long-time friend of mine and he told me one afternoon there was a handshake deal with Brisbane, but certain promises weren’t being upheld.

“I met Greg in the eastern suburbs and he said ‘I don’t mind the area, do you reckon Souths would want me?’

Greg Inglis goes up for a bomb.
    “For a fleeting moment, I thought I should ring Penrith, but I had no confidence the former management there could handle him.

“The first person that popped into my head was Shane Richardson. I rang him and said, ‘Richo, how would you like to get Greg Inglis?’

“I said to Shane, ‘you have one week to work your magic before he commits to the Broncos’.

“Shane said ‘I’ll ring you back’ and within an hour he was back to me saying ‘let’s make this happen’.

“I’m glad it’s worked out because Greg was all over the place. I could see how frustrated he was. He was very close to going to the AFL.’’

Greg Inglis during South Sydney training.
    Richardson recalled vividly his exchange with Zivanovic, and the contractual fight with the NRL that led to Inglis confronting Gallop on Christmas Eve.

“It happened so quickly it was a bit surreal,” Richardson said.

“Greg is a highly intelligent bloke and he just didn’t feel they (the Broncos) wanted him. They might have wanted him as a player but not as a bloke. He was going through personal problems and needed some support.

“Getting our deal across the line was a nightmare. The NRL had their lawyers examining over third-party deals and in the end Greg was so sick of it he rang Gallop and fronted him.

“He said, ‘This is bull****, I am being treated poorly here, you will lose me to the game. I don’t want to go, but if you won’t let me play for Souths, I will go to AFL and play for Essendon’.

Greg Inglis makes a break.
    “That night, Gallop rang me and said he was registered. I turned to a colleague in the office and said, ‘You beauty, we’ve just won our 21st premiership’.’’

Inglis is second-favourite to win the Clive Churchill Medal at $4.50 and Richardson paid tribute to his toughness after an injury-plagued debut at Redfern in 2011.

“People expected him to tear teams apart, but he’d had two operations and needed time,’’ he said.

“I’m glad it’s all worked out. Greg has been a key person in the transformation of this club.’’
    ——————————————

An oldie but a goodie

We should try sign Greg Inglis as a back-rower, I mean he did play there for the Beaudesert Wombats U-14s for 2 minutes he can easily chuck on the 12 for at least a season, what say you RavShamrock?

All good NZT. Moving on mate.

Payne Haas has been named on the bench for Broncos tonight. I'll be watching his debut.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Payne Haas has been named on the bench for Broncos tonight. I'll be watching his debut.
    We should sign him and play him on the Wing

I won't be adding any fuel to the fire. I've blocked him. Happy to keep enjoying the the forum without his input.

In saying that, doesn't mean I won't get a laugh when everyone else burns him.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Looking forward to him coming home to the Titans in a year or two

I don't think you'll get to many arguments about bringing Haas home. The Drongoes finally have themselves a good young prop so it would take a cheque bigger than we can afford.
    Our brown paper bags are full of nothing but mould I'm afraid.

Martial arts Milford - check it out

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/04/27/...ng-act-notice/