Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Awesome hit from Whare on little Benji lastnight great to see the Shoulder Charge is alive & well
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Awesome hit from Whare on little Benji lastnight great to see the Shoulder Charge is alive & well

So was Klemmer

I mentioned it last night in another thread, did anyone watch the post presser of Barret/the Cherry wanker where I'm pretty sure the Cherry wanker is having a cry/whimper. Might just be me but around the 4:50 to the 5:15 minute marks. Be interesting to hear someone else's thoughts I might just be hallucinating but if so it's bloody gold.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/04/27/...nce---round-8/

The Sydney Morning Herald
    By Peter FitzSimons
    27 April 2018 — 6:36pm

It is long, and involved, but the guts of it is first the public pronouncement by coach Trent Barrett that, more or less, all the players disliked Hastings and he would henceforth play for a Manly feeder side only.

It then emerged that after visiting a strip club in Gladstone, Cherry-Evans had had some kind of physical altercation with Hastings and, as noted, insisted he be fined $10,000. And then it came out that a lot of the players actually liked Hastings, and supported him.

You get the drift. It is not the sort of thing you’ll ever get definitive answers on, but for a good team to go bad as quickly as they have, the answer will be somewhere in that mess. And as to a good player being banished because senior players can’t cop him, would it be unfair to note that the only other time that springs to mind of something like that occurring is the Queensland Origin side rejecting ... Daly Cherry-Evans?

As we say here in NZ, where I write, the plot thuckens.

Sorry guys I know it's a Manly thing but I just find this debacle so fascinating with the link to the Cheery wanker.

- - - Updated - - -

Will the real Cheery wanker stand up.
    Yep, here i am!

https://www.foxsports.com.au/video/league/nrl/dce-eye-gouge!676946

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    I mentioned it last night in another thread, did anyone watch the post presser of Barret/the Cherry wanker where I'm pretty sure the Cherry wanker is having a cry/whimper. Might just be me but around the 4:50 to the 5:15 minute marks. Be interesting to hear someone else's thoughts I might just be hallucinating but if so it's bloody gold.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/04/27/...nce---round-8/
    Yeah it’s an interesting noise...it does sound like some emotion.

Pull up a pew and let's watch Parra lose to the Wests Tigers.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Common Dogs get the footy week off on the right foot.

Well what a joke that was.

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    Well what a joke that was.
    Yep, Mbye is an idiot.

Good win for Brisbane.

No such thing mate.
    Brisbane's biggest asset was the under handed Ref

NRL considering reducing interchange from eight to six

THE NRL are considering a potential reduction in the interchange, according to NRL 360 host Paul Kent.

The interchange currently sits at eight and could be dropped to six as a way to combat the injury toll across all clubs.

The NRL’s competition committee will meet on Friday and the topic will be discussed.

“There are 74 players this week not playing rugby league because they’re injured,” Kent told NRL 360 on Tuesday.

“There are already a dozen players who are out for the season nine rounds in.”

Kent said there’d been a drop in injuries since the NRL originally reduced the interchange from 10 to eight at the start of 2016.

“In 2015 when we played with 10 interchange, there was 1018 games missed because he injury,” he explained.

“ ... Last year we went down to 813 when we had eight interchange.

“This year we’re tracking again for last year’s figures.

“So there is an assumption there, purely from an injury point of view, by tacking out continually fresh players out of the game, the game slows and some of the high impact injuries we’re seeing are no prevalent.”

Kent said in his discussions with Todd Greenberg that the NRL chief executive believed the game had a better feel to it when the interchange was dropped from 10 to eight and that now was the time to consider reducing it further.

Cronulla veteran Luke Lewis backed the changes and said the game had been crying out for it over the past two to three years.

“It’ll bring the small guys back, players like the Preston Campbells who are nippy around tired forwards,” Lewis told NRL 360.

“Coaches will have to restructure the way they do their interchange.

“I think it’ll quicken up the ruck and it’ll solve a lot of the questions when it comes to the big contracts front rowers are asking.

“If you can play 80 minutes, then you can start asking for bigger money.”

There has been a couple of posts recently about not blaming the refs, it reminded of this article from earlier in the week

The NRL referee statistics that will shock supporters
    Phil Rothfield, Sports Editor-at-large, The Daily Telegraph
    May 6, 2018 9:00pm
    Subscriber only
    AS soon as the Brisbane *Broncos beat the Canterbury Bulldogs in controversial circumstances on Thursday night, an interesting statistic emerged on social media.

That the Broncos had incredibly won 14 consecutive games under the refereeing of Gerard Sutton at Suncorp Stadium.

So we decided to drill down on the stats further and check the home-ground records of other referees in the past five seasons.

In 14 consecutive wins under Sutton, the Broncos have lost the penalties only four times and have an average winning margin of 12 points.

It’s also interesting that in the year of a massive penalty crackdown on offside defence, play-the-balls and being square at marker, the Broncos were perfect in the second half against the Bulldogs, not giving away a single penalty.

That’s more startling than the 14 consecutive wins.

The Broncos have won their past 14 at Suncorp Stadium when Gerard Sutton was in charge.
    So there is a perception out there that the Broncos always get the “bounce of the ball” or the “50-50 calls” when Sutton is refereeing their home games.

He has also done more *Broncos home games than any other referee.

So we decided to go back to 2014 and check the penalty record of all referees who have done 10 or more games at any particular home ground.

It turns out Brisbane’s record under Sutton since the beginning of 2014 is 15 wins from 16 games. That’s 93.8 per cent, compared to 70.9 per cent under all referees.

Under the highly rated Grant Atkins, it’s just 66.7 per cent.

Remarkably, this exercise threw up another club/referee combination that is even “better” than Sutton and the Broncos.

The Sydney Roosters have won their past 11 in a row at *Allianz Stadium under Matt Cecchin yet their overall win record at the ground since 2014 is 68.5 per cent.

I guess it just shows that some teams play better under some referees.

The Sydney Roosters have won their past 11 in a row at *Allianz Stadium under Matt Cecchin.
    At the other end of the table, some teams have shocking records under certain referees.

The Raiders have won only two of their past 10 under Ashley Klein in Canberra.

The Bulldogs have also won only two from 10 under Sutton at ANZ Stadium.

Now let’s get one thing clear. We are in no way questioning the integrity of our referees.

They are all impartial.

Your columnist believes they do their best each week but *suffer from poor leadership.

Like the players, they will *always make mistakes.

Yet we can quietly learn from this research.

Next time the Broncos get a home game, send someone other than Sutton to Suncorp Stadium.

Next time the Roosters are at home, maybe give Cecchin another game.

And unless you really want another $10,000 off Ricky Stuart, stop sending Klein to the nation’s capital.

Another stitch up at Suncorp. How many times is this going to happen under this bloke. Answer, plenty because the refs boss is a Sutton as well. Joke. Thanks fark Manly put so many points on that they took the refs out of it.

Inactive User

We will always lose when the Suttons/Badger are involved and The Drongoes will always win when they are involved. That’s how it is.
    They are cheats.

The Roosters pack is absolutely pathetic, they should have won tonight if they actually aimed up.

Broncos out-enthused them in the end for a pretty good win.