Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Hope they keep the lead but lets not forget their track record in the last 5 mins of the game.
    Oh no...Broncos ahead... 6 to go. What a curse.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Oh no...Broncos ahead... 6 to go. What a curse.
    Ricky's going to be checking the bank account before the presser for sure.

Ah geeze.... that's gotta hurt. Sorry Raiders fans.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

PARTY’S OVER
    http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au

Ten premiership-winning Eagles snub Brookie reunion

IT was supposed to be a reunion for the Manly Sea Eagles players involved in the greatest grand final victory of the modern era.

When Manly thumped Melbourne Storm 40-0 in 2008, it was a triumph built on mateship and magnificent skill.

Yet when the players gathered to mark the 10-year anniversary at Brookvale Oval yesterday, only seven turned up and there was no sign of coach Des Hasler.

Jamie Lyon, Steve Matai, Anthony Watmough, Glenn Stewart and skipper Matty Orford weren’t there. Three-try hero Michael Robertson, Jason King, Josh Perry, Brett Stewart and David Williams couldn’t make it either.

Orford has battled health issues for some time while Williams and Robertson are overseas.

No official reason was given for the absence of the others.

Mark Bryant, who played off the bench in the grand final, was in charge of organising the reunion.

“Some didn’t leave the club in the best way but I don’t want this to be about bitterness,” Bryant said.

“For some of the boys, it was really unfortunate how they finished up. That was the fault of the club in a lot of instances. I just want to make sure the best I can that the boys stay in touch. On the field, we achieved something very special.

“No one let their mates down.

“Age catches up with you pretty quickly but we’ve got to stay in touch and catch up for a beer whenever we can.”

The reunion was always planned to coincide with the match against their old grand final opponents at Brookvale last night.

Despite not attending yesterday’s reunion, the fact Brett Stewart went to the trouble of flying in from Melbourne for a dinner on Friday was a promising sign that he is getting his life back together after some difficult years.

English star Ryan Hall set to be Sydney Roosters' stunning Blake Ferguson replacement
    https://wwos.nine.com.au/

The Sydney Roosters are set to make a stunning signing - world class English Test winger Ryan Hall.

The Leeds flyer is close to signing a massive deal to replace star winger Blake Ferguson, who last week signed with the Parramatta Eels.

The Roosters have been holding secret talks with Hall for weeks and are close to clinching the deal.

Hall is rated the best winger in England.

Inactive User

How ruthless are Penrith
    5th on the ladder
    Won 2 in a row
    And they punt the Coach!!

Far Out I can only dream of having a season like Penrith fans are enjoying

Now we wait and see if there is a ripple effect with a movement of Coaches

Inactive User

Thrilled the Cows beat The Drongoes BUT I get a bit more anxious about the Wooden Spoon

Inactive User

2 more competition points for Nth Qld, Manly and Parramatta so far this weekend
    The Wooden Spoon issue is getting more serious by the minute people

Yeah, but now that Parra have smacked St Merge it makes me feel a little better about our belting last weekend.

What about those Donkeys trolololo

Best sound ever - a silent Donkeys crowd on the back of an absolute hiding

Love it

What an amazing game tonight (only caught the second half) but the Bunnies really came home. So many field goals and saw a couple of strips. Second one point game within 24 hours.

Was definitely cheering the Bunnies so was happy. Next week against Easts should be a sell out.

Managed to watch the two Prelims here in HK, through WatchNRL. I can stream them to the TV and the quality is amazing.

Souths were comprehensively outplayed and Roosters were the rightful victors.

Hoping that Billy gets off tonight and can play the Grand Final. I think there is enough to get him off and I'd hate to see him end his fantastic NRL career in such fashion.

Billy found not guilty. Is free to play in the grand final.

I'm a fan of Slater but I'm not a fan of the ruling that allowed him to stay on the field after the shoulder charge and I'm not a fan of the judiciary finding last night regardless of the circumstances surrounding it being his last game.

I make the mistake of thinking "what if a Titan" did this? And then I realise how half the teams in the NRL are allowed to play by different rules.