Default Titans to strengthen ties with RLGC

Gold Coast Titans pushing more resources into grassroots with ambassador program

HAVING at times been criticised for a lack of presence in grassroots footy, the Titans have set about strengthening relationships with rugby league clubs from around the Gold Coast.

The Titans yesterday launched an ambassador program that will see their increasing homegrown cohort give back to the junior clubs they once turned out for.

It comes after Rugby League Gold Coast officials met with Titans chief executive Graham Annesley and executive chairman Dennis Watt last week in a “very positive” step.

“That hasn’t taken place in that form in my understanding for a few years now so between the local league and the Titans we are repairing what has been done in the past and moving forwards,” RLGC boss Scott Dunshea said.

He added clubs can expect to see some high-profile faces at various points this season.

“The players will go out and spend some time with the clubs,” Dunshea said.

“Whether that be training or game days, obviously that will depend on their commitments throughout the year. The more they can get out there, the better it will be.

“It’s about providing that bit of inspiration and direction and pathway that these kids can aspire to go to at a certain point if they have that ability.”

Ryan James, who is a Bilambil junior life member, said representing the region in which he grew up was as good as it gets.

“Early on in my career I was signed at the Storm because the Titans weren’t here and as soon as they came here and I went and watched their first game, I sort of had my heart set on being here,” he said.

“It’s not too often you get to play the game you love in your backyard.”

THE HOMEGROWN CONTINGENT

Jai Arrow (Burleigh)

Karl Lawton (Burleigh)

Anthony Don (Grafton)

Brendan Elliot (Runaway Bay)

Jarrod Wallace (Runaway Bay)

Kane Elgey (Tugun)

Michael Gordon (Tweed Coast)

Keegan Hipgrave (Nerang)

Ryan James (Bilambil)

Will Matthews (Kyogle)

Kevin Proctor (Currumbin)

Ryan Simpkins (Currumbin)

Jai Whitbread (South Tweed)

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/s
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Inactive User

^^^ gotta get into the schools. Not just doing little coaching clinics either but talking to the school when they have an assembly in order to get the kids even if they aren’t into playing sports to want to follow the Titans and maybe ask their parents to take them to a game.

Junior

Long overdue.

My pet dislike about previous administrations has been the lack of transparency in this area ... at least now there is visibility and that’ll do me.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I haven't coached JRL for a few years now but I was under the impression that two players were allocated to each GCJRL club. The fact that I saw 1 player from the Titans in 5 years of coaching turn up to a training session left something to be desired.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I haven't coached JRL for a few years now but I was under the impression that two players were allocated to each GCJRL club. The fact that I saw 1 player from the Titans in 5 years of coaching turn up to a training session left something to be desired.
    Jesus Christ!!!

Edit: Not that I meant he was a Titans player. I wish. But that is disgraceful.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

A promise not kept is worse than a promise not made.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.