Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    So it isn't a mini grand final then?

Actually I think this one is pretty important. Despite the Warriors good win last week, most people tip them for the bottom few teams and these are the ones we must beat to have any chance of making the 8. That might be a dream as well but we need to win these games.
    It’s a Mini GF whenever your win/loss percentage going into a game is Less Than Or Equal To 50%.
    What is non-negotiable (something I copped a lot of flak for 12 months ago) is that after 4 rounds you must have won at least 2 games or you can say goodbye to the Top 8 and start planning for 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Don't worry mate remember you are unsinkable
    you obviously haven’t seen the hole in my bottom
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Heard that Warriors are doing $15 tickets so should be a big crowd.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Chance to set season alight
    http://www.goldcoast.com.au

IF Gold Coast can defy Ash Taylor’s absence and their horrible history against the Warriors to win today, the signs could be good for the year ahead.

The Titans are looking to be two-from-two for just the second time in their NRL history.

The only other time they achieved the feat – in 2010 – they went on to enjoy their best ever campaign, making it all the way to the preliminary final.

However, going by Titans coach Garth Brennan’s assessment of the Warriors’ 32-20 win over South Sydney last weekend, repeating the feat is going to be no easy task.

“The Warriors were clinical for 80 minutes,” Brennan said.

“I have said it a few times this week that it was probably the best 80-minute performance I have seen from a Warriors team.

“I thought they were really well led in their pack with Tohu Harris and Adam Blair and some of the guys they have had there for some time.

“They have always been big and physical but they have come with some really steely edge about their pack at the moment with those two guys coming into their squad.”

Adding to the threat posed by the Auckland outfit has been five-eighth Blake Green’s recruitment to steady the ship alongside electric halfback Shaun Johnson.

Meanwhile, the match will mark Gold Coast centre Konrad Hurrell’s first time playing against his former club at Mt Smart Stadium.

“I wouldn’t swap him for another centre in the game,” Brennan beamed. “His work ethic at training is enormous.”

Leading role for Elgey
    http://www.couriermail.com.au

KANE Elgey will get his chance to lead the Gold Coast Titans after Bryce Cartwright was thrust into a makeshift halfback position for today’s clash with the Warriors.

Cartwright will start in the halves at Mt Smart Stadium after Ash Taylor succumbed to a hamstring injury.

Taylor should be available for the Gold Coast’s fixture against St George Illawarra in Toowoomba next weekend.

It is somewhat of a left-field move by coach Garth Brennan to replace Taylor with Cartwright, however Elgey will play the traditional halfback role.

Elgey, 24, is off-contract this season and fighting for his NRL future on the Gold Coast.

Cartwright started at fiveeighth in 20 of 69 matches for Penrith and trained mostly at second-receiver when Taylor missed Wednesday’s session.

The halves are not a foreign position for Cartwright and Elgey will be lumped with the responsibility of calling the shots against the Warriors.

Taylor’s omission and Cartwright’s shift from lock has opened the door for forward Keegan Hipgrave to make his second NRL appearance.

Hipgrave, 21, made his debut in last year’s final round match against the Sydney Roosters and received a onematch suspension.

The former Broncos junior has been a standout throughout the pre-season, with his aggressive attitude earning comparisons to ex-NSW Origin enforcer Greg Bird.

Hipgrave’s former Broncos teammate Jai Arrow, now also at the Titans, said the Gold Coast product was raring to go.

“I’ve been really proud of Keegan this pre-season,” he said. “He rips and tears with the way he plays. He’s 100-mile-an-hour. He likes to get in and get the job done.

“If you’re not running harder than him … he’s going in to hopefully kill you.’’

The Titans have lost 13 of their past 14 matches against the Warriors, however the Gold Coast’s only win in that period was in Auckland in 2015.

Pumped to see hipgrave. If we can shut down Johnson and get in his face, we can get this win. Needs to be won on defense and not a comeback. I’m confident we can get the win.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    It’s a Mini GF whenever your win/loss percentage going into a game is Less Than Or Equal To 50%.
    What is non-negotiable (something I copped a lot of flak for 12 months ago) is that after 4 rounds you must have won at least 2 games or you can say goodbye to the Top 8 and start planning for 2019.
    I think we'll struggle to win next week and we have broncs away soon. So to be 2 and 2 after 4 rounds or better, it makes games like this a must win.

Am I to one eyed, which defender was disadvantaged when our lead runner runs through the line unimpeded?

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Am I to one eyed, which defender was disadvantaged when our lead runner runs through the line unimpeded?
    It's the no-commonsense inside/outside shoulder rule which is just ridiculous, no one was disadvantaged

How good is Michael Gordon, misses RTS but gets up and backs up and saves the try with a tackle on Fusitua.

First Grader

Copley defensive read costs us first try

That is annoying, we've actually been the better team thus far but not capitalising on our chances.

These commentators are doing my head in. Don't agree with that decision, but shouldn't have been in that position in the first place. Hopefully Hipgrave can snap Johnson in half.

Ok, so what was the difference between that and our try that was disallowed?