Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Inactive User

^^^ brings a tear to my eye MT. From the age of about 10 to when I was 14 my mum would drop me off at Endeavour Field at about 1145am and then I’d watch all 3 grades and I’d get picked up about 2km away from Endeavour Field at 530pm every 2nd Sunday.
    Then on the Tweed in ‘88 I was able to do the same thing at Seagulls Stadium as an older teenager.
    That structure was the Bomb and is why I just lived Rugby League.

Anyway as you said it’s not going to happen again. The next best I can hope for is to watch a few of our squad members playing QCUP.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 22-02-18 at 08:39 PM.

First Grader

Could someone confirm the game time. Says 1730 on nrl site broadcast said 6pm this thread says 330?

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    Could someone confirm the game time. Says 1730 on nrl site broadcast said 6pm this thread says 330?
    530 QLD Time

Reports that Arrow will be getting a spot in the front row. Rein off the bench. Sami on one wing and TRD if Don doesn't pass a fitness test on the other.

It's getting close now....

And it looks like Lawton will get a run this weeknd off the bench due to Roache season ending injury. So it looks to have worked out for him. At the other end McQueen named in reserves for the magpies.
    Last edited by JunctionBlock; 05-03-18 at 07:26 PM.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Reports that Arrow will be getting a spot in the front row. Rein off the bench. Sami on one wing and TRD if Don doesn't pass a fitness test on the other.

It's getting close now....

And it looks like Lawton will get a run this weeknd off the bench due to Roache season ending injury. So it looks to have worked out for him. At the other end McQueen named in reserves for the magpies.
    I dont think Lawton will, I seen former Burleigh Bears Junior Sam Cook is debuting for Warriors. Which would mean Luke and Cook as hookers. Lawton to ISP?

Here’s my first season resolution ... if Greenwood’s selected I’m watching on tv. He’s my new Wilbur.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Immortal

The forward pack is certainly big and strong

Junior

Titans v Raiders

Sunday, 11 March

Cbus Super Stadium

5:30pm (QLD time)

1. Michael Gordon

2. Anthony Don

3. Dale Copley

4. Konrad Hurrell

5. Phillip Sami

6. Kane Elgey

7. Ash Taylor

8. Jai Arrow

9. Nathan Peats

10. Leilani Latu

11. Kevin Proctor

12. Ryan James

13. Bryce Cartwright

14. Mitch Rein

15. Max King

16. Will Matthews

17. Morgan Boyle

18. Joe Greenwood

19. Jai Whitbread

20. Tyronne Roberts-Davis

21. Alexander Brimson

Inactive User

I like our team a lot but gee the Canberra team on paper is really strong.
    I have a belief that if you don’t want a minimum of 2 of your first 4 games then you cannot make the top 8 so given our draw I’m afraid to say that this is “a mini GF” this Sunday.
    We can’t afford to ease our way in and hope for a run of wins, we just don’t have the squad for that.
    Am expecting our men to really put in on Sunday, some of our efforts last year at home were disgraceful,they need to regain the respect of the local community and give locals something to get excited about.

Cant remember seeing Arrow play so I’ll reserve judgement on him but when Wallace and Hipgrave are available then do Matthews and Rein move out? I have Canberra in my final eight so I’m just hoping we give a good account of ourselves. Go Titans!
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Hopefully causes some dramas mid way through the game for Canberra

Canberras size in the forwards and unpredictability in the backs scare me, but there halves are mud.

Sezer has never really amounted to anything. He is an average half with a good goal kicking rate, and Sam Williams cant decide if he is a raider or a dragon.

their first choice hooker and best player is out, and a rookie basically coming in.

If we can muscle up attitude wise and not let them run over us, we will do well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    ^^^ brings a tear to my eye MT. From the age of about 10 to when I was 14 my mum would drop me off at Endeavour Field at about 1145am and then I’d watch all 3 grades and I’d get picked up about 2km away from Endeavour Field at 530pm every 2nd Sunday.
    Then on the Tweed in ‘88 I was able to do the same thing at Seagulls Stadium as an older teenager.
    That structure was the Bomb and is why I just lived Rugby League.

Anyway as you said it’s not going to happen again. The next best I can hope for is to watch a few of our squad members playing QCUP.
    Well the game before the NRL is....an under 12's school match. FMD, disgraceful.

Inactive User

^^^ speechless