Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

In Garth we trust

#thrunthru

You bloody beauty!!!!
    I don’t want to leave

Be hard to fault anyone in that so I choose my wife who when Koni scored went 20 wet, bedraggled feet in the air screaming and then asked “did we win?”

Great gutsy win, great season start and onya Coach Brennan and the new Board.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Oh dear. After a dozen minutes this looked like being the longest season ever. Plenty to like once we got some ball and those big green boppers slowed down. I'm not too down on Cartwright but Arrow must play in the 13.

Who is the guy that has taken over Will Matthew's body? Outstanding return to the club.

Titans stage great escape to beat Raiders
    http://www.nrl.com

The Gold Coast Titans have produced a remarkable fightback to claim an improbable 30-28 victory over the Canberra Raiders on Sunday night at Cbus Super Stadium.

Down 18-0 after the visitors started the game with a stunning three-try blitz in the first 12 minutes, the Titans mounted a stirring revival to tie it up at 24-24 with 18 minutes remaining.

Canberra broke the deadlock with Joseph Leilua’s 67th minute try off a cross-field bomb before Konrad Hurrell pounced onto a short kick to crash over under the posts to cap an amazing comeback.

The Raiders looked set for a comfortable win after bolting to an 18-0 lead, but the Titans regrouped to tie it up with 18 minutes remaining.

The Titans seemed to be in for a long afternoon when the Raiders exploded out of the blocks with tries to Saliva Havili, Jack Wighton and Elliott Whitehead.

Gold Coast eased the pressure with Kevin Proctor’s 13th minute try but the visitors were well on top when Aidan Sezer converted Junior Paulo’s try to make it 24-6 after 25 minutes.

Down but not out, the Titans bridged the gap with Kane Elgey’s 35th minute try for a 24-12 half-time score.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Inactive User

Friggin epic
    My next post did get to be one of Glory
    Good times
    Enjoy the night brothers and sisters of the Beautiful City

What a win. Complete turn around, back to the old 2016 team of never say die and play for the bloke standing next to you.

Well at least as Titans fans we are used to games that test our hearts like that. Seriously unbelievable to see us actually attacking with structures, which hasn't been seen for years. With the forwards gaining plenty of ground and the backs rolling off the back of it, we look so dangerous. Jai Arrow is an absolute machine, James lifted the team with strong carries and Elgey seemed to have his confidence back. Consistency is key for us. Started the game thinking "here we go again" but finished thinking that we could do some damage this year if we play like we did in the second half. Gotta love supporting the Titans.

So happy for the boys and Garth.

Like everyone else I thought here we go again after 15 minutes, but showed some real ticker.

Only 1 game but left edge defence was fine. Looked ordinary up the middle in defence, but cleaned that up in 2nd half.

Was really pleased with Ash and LG. Flash was solid at the back. But special mention to the following 4 who were immense:-

Jai Arrow - unbelievable. Must start in the middle, either prop or lock
    Mitch Rein - really good. Peats was disappointing but Rein played big minutes and was great.
    Will Matthews - can play either wide or in middle and worked hard
    Max King - thought he was great. I thought when Hipgrave/Wallace come back he will be first to go but he was excellent tonight. Give him the nod over Boyle for next week.

So happy for the boys and Garth. Tough assignment against Warriors at home who looked good (and fit) yesterday.

It also brings happiness to my life that the Broncos are bottom of the ladder and that plodder Hayne was terrible for his special team.

That's a nice solid foundation for Elgey and Taylor to spring off for the rest of the season, their connection was great and the attack is something not seen in this club for yrs.

I claimed Arrow first so he is mine !!
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Guts effort…
    Ryan James turned things around once sent to the middle (man of the match IMHO)
    Rein was better than Peats.
    Best - James, Arrow, King, Mathews, Hurrell, Rein
    Below par - Boyle, Latu, Peats, Cartwright

Good game and effort at the end. Cartwright's flick pass to the ground at the end of the game was very high iq play. It threw the Raiders off. They were all like what the hell is this guy doing and soon after we score. ����

I Agee with you Rav , James was the best on field & probably his best ever game for the club , zero rubbish he just played footy
    31 quality tackles
    19 hit ups for 197 metres , he was awesome & without a doubt him going to the middle & Rein replacing Peats turned the game , Boyle,Mathews & King off the bench were great & Arrow must go to 13 , Latu is a bench player not a starter he's too slow around the ruck & was found out, all in all we didn't have a bad player except for Peats his 1st 20 is something you will never see him do again I'm sure,,,Sami has a wing spot to lose the kid has plenty of talent & his weight gain is very noticeable

We had 60% of the pill so we should have won the match & im very thankful I was there to watch it live
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    It also brings happiness to my life that the Broncos are bottom of the ladder and that plodder Hayne was terrible for his special team.
    That’s the sweet kicker.......Brisbane last and Hayne, failure...... love it x 2