Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12
    First Grader

Morgan Boyle is a big body but from what I saw he didn't offer much. Would probably drop him for hipgrave, love the aggression he brings. Felt Mathew's added more defensive stability, king and rein were better than I expected.
    Last edited by Upthetits; 12-03-18 at 04:03 PM.

Not even a mention from Ikin that I could hear on NRL360.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Rein was the surprise for me. I wonder if Peats is carrying some sort of niggling injury? Out of the two of them, Rein was far more effective.

Come on Peatsty, time to rise to the challenge, mate! This in house hooker battle could turn out great for us. Two blokes, both very competitive and determined to make a bigger impact than each other. Peats with his defence to start and Rein to come on and carve up the opposition once they start to lag.

Another bloke that needs a mention......Latu. He looks like he's dropped a bit of weight and played long minutes, considering the little bursts from the bench he used to do at Penrith. I hope it doesn't become the norm for him, but those couple of passes he threw just before he hit the defensive line were good too. Shows he isn't just a big lumbering front rower.

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    Rein was the surprise for me. I wonder if Peats is carrying some sort of niggling injury? Out of the two of them, Rein was far more effective.

Come on Peatsty, time to rise to the challenge, mate! This in house hooker battle could turn out great for us. Two blokes, both very competitive and determined to make a bigger impact than each other. Peats with his defence to start and Rein to come on and carve up the opposition once they start to lag.

Another bloke that needs a mention......Latu. He looks like he's dropped a bit of weight and played long minutes, considering the little bursts from the bench he used to do at Penrith. I hope it doesn't become the norm for him, but those couple of passes he threw just before he hit the defensive line were good too. Shows he isn't just a big lumbering front rower.
    Don't forget Peats is coming back from shoulder injury and only played in one of the two trial matches. Latu played for 40 mins on the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Don't forget Peats is coming back from shoulder injury and only played in one of the two trial matches. Latu played for 40 mins on the weekend.
    I can't wait for Peats to hit full fitness then. What a dynamic duo they'll make. Will keep the opposition honest in attack and defence.

Latu has something about him I really like. I think he'll take his game to another level this year.

Agreed on Peats and Rein, killer combo.

Latu needs to lift his work rate though if he's only on the field for 40 mins. 15 tackles, 8 hitups for 49 metres. But like you said, he's also willing to pass at the line. (Maybe I'm bitter because he's in my supercoach team)

Latu needs to stop racing up out of the line in defence.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Agreed on Peats and Rein, killer combo.

Latu needs to lift his work rate though if he's only on the field for 40 mins. 15 tackles, 8 hitups for 49 metres. But like you said, he's also willing to pass at the line. (Maybe I'm bitter because he's in my supercoach team)
    yep me too, and tempted to get rid of him for someone whose actually gonna make me some cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Latu needs to stop racing up out of the line in defence.
    Nah mate, La2 (that saved me feck all time!) is showing his eagerness to meet the opposition. If the rest of the slack bastards in the defensive line would move up with him we'd be dominating without the ball.

That's my attempt at levity. As you all get to know me you'll see that I enjoy the funny side of life. That and seeing the Bronco's lose.

No wait...same/same. LOL!

Taylored win sets tone
    http://www.gcbulletin.com.au

ASH Taylor believes his Titans side can use elements of their Round 1 victory as a blueprint to stopping one of the NRL’s worst hoodoos.

Gold Coast’s record against the Warriors is diabolical.

They have one win from the past 14 NRL clashes between the teams, despite the Auckland club making the top eight only once in that period.

The Titans’ last head-tohead victory came in April 2015. Before that it was September 2010.

The Warriors landed another mental blow by taking the honours in a pre-season trial on the Sunshine Coast two weeks ago.

But Taylor feels their 30-28 triumph against the Raiders acted as an ideal preview to what they can expect at Mt Smart Stadium this Saturday.

“I think they are similar to Canberra,” Taylor said of the Warriors.

“They have some size up front and some big outside backs that get some momentum for them.

“We have just got to work hard on the stuff that we didn’t do right and things that we can adjust to prepare for the Warriors as well as we can.”

Taylor will be high on confidence after producing the perfect response to coach Garth Brennan’s challenge to channel his idol Johnathan Thurston by coming up with the right play at the right time.

Brennan’s comments had come after their scratchy trial loss to the Warriors on the same weekend a piece of JT magic stole victory for North Queensland against Melbourne.

Fast forward to Round 1 with two competition points on the line and Taylor delivered his own stroke of genius, a tricky grubber that found centre Konrad Hurrell.

Brennan insists the young playmaker has room for improvement, such as in his game management, but praised his courage and fast learning.

“He dug in and finished the game well and came up with that big play at the end,” Brennan said.

Taylor himself said he had been inspired by his teammates’ never-say-die attitude in an effort that reminded him of their 38-36 win over Melbourne last season.

“There was about eight minutes to go and we said there is plenty of time. We kept calm and just played footy,” Taylor said.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I was right behind our goal posts for this game and cringed as I watched that first try, then shock and dsbelief after 10 minutes.

I didn;t even bother giving anyone a gobful, I was just devo'd. Started thinking about 2019, but by halftime I thought we looked like we could make a game of it. In the end we got the win but more importantly we showed some good footy and probably had another couple of tries in us.

I'm hoping we tighten up that middle/ruck defense moving forward but I did like some of the ball movement in attack. No polish yet but at least it looks like we are going to have a crack this year.