Immortal

Burleigh backline was just too much for Tweed Heads

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Seagulls lost to Burleigh 34-16 today.
    If anyone went then a few comments would be appreciated

Inactive User

Seagulls v Wynnum on ch9 today

Tweed Heads Seagulls player with All Blacks pedigree

TWEED Heads’ mid-season recruit Kalani Going brings significant pedigree to Piggabeen Sports Complex.

The 21-year-old from Whangarei, New Zealand, has relatives with international experience in both league and union.

His great-uncle is famed All Blacks halfback Sid Going, who played 29 Tests between 1967 and 1977.

On the league front, uncle Kylie Leuluai is a Leeds Rhinos legend who represented Samoa and New Zealand Maori as well as playing 78 NRL games, including as a Manly teammate to Tweed chief executive Paul Stephenson.

Leuluai is also the cousin of New Zealand 39-Test veteran Thomas Leuluai.

Going grew up in union as an inside centre before switching to the 13-man code when the opportunity came in 2012 to join Canberra’s under-16 Harold Matthews Cup side.

It was only just before June 30 this year that he left the Raiders to link up with the Seagulls, with a keen eye on their NRL affiliate Gold Coast Titans for 2019.

“I was with the Canberra Raiders training full-time and the squad was pretty stacked with big names. I was giving it a crack but it wasn’t enough minutes for me I believe,” Going said.

The middle or edge forward had heard Tweed were interested in him and was impressed by reports that their coach Ben Woolf would reward players on form rather than name.

He played 32 minutes off the bench in his Intrust Super Cup debut against Wynnum Manly last weekend and his haul of 20 tackles and 75m was enough to convince Woolf to name him at starting second-row for Sunday’s home game against Souths Logan.

It’s a key match between two sides whose finals chances are slipping away: Tweed have lost their past two while the Magpies have lost five straight in a slump dating back to the end of May.

https://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Tweed Heads Seagulls v Souths Logan Magpies at Piggabeen Sports Complex, Sunday, July 15 – 2.15pm

Tweed Heads Seagulls

1. Talor Walters 2. Kiah Cooper 3. Brendan Elliot 4. Ryland Jacobs 5. Tevita Folau 6. Lindon McGrady 7. Kane Elgey 8. Leilani Latu 9. Eli Levido 16. Maia Sands 11. Lamar Manuel-Liolevave (c) 12. Kalani Going 13. Ryan Simpkins (c) 10. Jarrod Morfett 14. Jack Cook 15. Reece Summer 17. Nathan Young 18. Rory Lillis 19. Tony Matautia

Coach: Ben Woolf

Souths Logan Magpies

1. Corey Allan 2. Benaiah Bowie 3. Lenny Magey 4. Dan Russell 5. Paul Rokolati 6. Guy Hamilton 7. Sam Scarlett 8. George Fai 9. Travis Waddell 10. Rhys Melville 11. Brendon Gibb 12. Simi Fatafehi 13. Phil Dennis (c) 14. Manaia Cherrington 15. William Samuel 16. Daniel Tamou 17. Sam Elliott

Coach: Jon Buchanan

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Tweed Heads Seagulls v Souths Logan Magpies
    Piggabeen Sports Complex, Sunday, July 15 – 2.15pm
    Head-to-Head: Souths Logan 17 Tweed 15
    Twitter: #intrustsupercup #THSvSLM

• The Tweed Heads Seagulls were left to rue a poor period of defence mid-way through the second half last weekend where they allowed Wynnum Manly to score four tries in 15 minutes to eventually lose a nail biter 24-22.
    • After producing a mini-surge to move themselves up the Intrust Super Cup ladder, the Seagulls have slipped in recent weeks, posting back-to-back losses.
    • Success has also been hard to come by for the Magpies who will be aiming to break a five-game losing streak.
    • Souths Logan have won the past six games played between these two sides, while Tweed Heads have won their past five games at Piggabeen.
    • Fresh from playing his part in the history-making win in the Under 20s game last night; Corey Allan has been named at fullback for the Magpies this weekend in place of last week’s debutant Tanah Boyd.

Inactive User

Souths Logan annihilated Seagulls today
    What a worry
    Also the match centre says KCooper interchanged and given he’s a winger I guess that means an injury
    And Elliot didn’t play which I guess confirms he is gone to England
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 15-07-18 at 03:03 PM.

Souths Logan annihilated Seagulls today
    What a worry
    Also the match centre says KCooper interchanged and given he’s a winger I guess that means an injury
    And Elliot didn’t play which I guess confirms he is gone to England
    Kiah was sin binned mate

Inactive User

^^^ My Bad HS and thanks

Tweed facing uphill battle
    http://www.gcbulletin.com.au

TWEED Heads’ Intrust Super Cup finals hopes are on the brink after slumping to a 36-14 home loss to Souths Logan.

Victory yesterday afternoon would have kept the Seagulls in a share of sixth place; instead they will head into Round 19 in 11th and desperate to regain form.

Tweed trailed by only four points at the break but could not keep pace with the Magpies in the second half.

Their one big positive was a happy return for Ali Grant.

The 24-year-old was back for Ben Woolf’s team for the first time since Round 4 – replacing Talor Walters at fullback – and did not disappoint, scoring a try and winning players’ player.

Grant put his improved form down to a productive stint playing for his junior club Ballina, for whom he had scored 13 tries in 12 games.

“Back there it’s a bit more relaxed and I could work on the things that I need to improve,” he said.

“It’s a good place to go back to because it’s my junior club and I have still got five of my best mates that play there so it’s just enjoyable and takes a bit of pressure off me. When you are having fun it brings out the best in your footy and it transferred into Cup.

“I just want to come out and play like I do every week for Ballina.”

Grant added the side were disappointed to “let one slip” yesterday but believe finals are still within their grasp.

“It is pretty much semi-final footy for us from here on in.”

Meanwhile, Burleigh have dropped to third on the ladder as a result of their 40-28 loss to Redcliffe on Saturday.

The Bears roared early with Kurtis Rowe and Matt White both finding the line inside seven minutes. The 2016 premiers had stretched their lead to 22-6 by the 23-minute mark before the Dolphins clicked.

Recruit Dylan Phythian was forced from the field in the final minute for a head injury assessment.

Inactive User

That was one brutal flogging that Seagulls got on the weekend
    This is a club with a great tradition

I don’t think Woolfe will survive

That was one brutal flogging that Seagulls got on the weekend
    This is a club with a great tradition

I don’t think Woolfe will survive
    Woolfe took Tweed from last to being a semi final contender in the last 3 months so I wouldn’t throw him overboard after one horrendous score line, thought you would have blamed Cartwright’s return ..... but if your theory is right then Brennan, Mary Magregor, Barrett & The Hook will all be looking for new jobs next year
    #itaintweaktospeak

Inactive User

Yeah I actually think it was the inclusion of LG that turned their season around. When LG was dropped Seagulls were coming last by a mile and then LG and a few other Titans inclusions took them on a run.

Don’t agree with your examples. I think when a team has 50 put on them that’s a crisis but when it’s over 60 that unfortunately carries death with it.

As a Seagulls supporter I’m just aghast by this result. We are a club with an amazing history. It’s embarrassing.

Junior

How many players were out injured though?

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by ALX25 View Post
    How many players were out injured though?
    I don’t know.
    How many players out injured would it take to justify conceding 60+ points is my counter question??

Against the top of the table?