Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Immortal

Default Tweed Heads Seagulls 2018

As per QRL.com.au

Tweed Heads Seagulls Gains and Losses 2018

Gains: Hiale Roycroft (North Queensland Cowboys NYC), Jacob Pottinger (Mackay Cutters), Beau Cordtz (South Sydney NYC), Cheyne Whiteaw (North Sydney Bears), Rory Lillis (Gold Coast Titans NYC), Ethan Roberts (Gold Coast Titans NYC), Eli Levido (Nth Sydney Bears), Rhys Jacks (Toronto Wolfpack)

Losses: Nick Harrold (Tugun), Carne Doyle-Manga (Norths Devils), Phoenix Hunapo (Norths Devils)

Inactive User

^^^ anyone in particular that Seagulls fans should be excited about?

Immortal

Second rower Hiale Roycroft who represented QLd U20's in 2017 as well as playing a number of Queensland Cup matches is a tough hard powerful young man to watch and front rower Cheyne Whiteaw could surprise.

I was surprised Hiale Roycroft did not get a Cowboys Development deal but their loss

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    ^^^ anyone in particular that Seagulls fans should be excited about?

Junior

Definitely Levido, surprised he didn't stick around at the Bears/Rabbitohs.

Immortal

A couple of additional players who will be looking to break into the Teed Heads Seagulls Queensland Cup side are recently signings Theo Hippi (second row) and Kainoa Gudgeon (wing)

Junior

WHITELAW RAISES THE BAR FOR SEAGULLS
    http://www.gcbulletin.com.au

Tweed Heads captain Cheyne Whitelaw has set new benchmarks for the Seagulls this season.

ASK Tweed Heads Seagulls boss Matthew Jobson what he thinks of the club’s new captain, and what you’ll get is the affirmation of a man supremely confident in another’s leadership qualities.

That man is Cheyne Whitelaw, the freshly anointed captain of the Intrust Super Cup club, who, with being handed the role has received a resounding endorsement from his teammates, coaches and the club.

Jobson said Whitelaw’s attitude had simply blown everyone at the club away since he was recruited from North Sydney Bears in the off-season.

“In off-season training, Cheyne has simply been the benchmark for everything we’ve done,” Jobson said.

“Coaches, off-field staff and everyone at the club have been so impressed with him, his attitude to training and impact on the group. Cheyne has been a standout in every aspect of training and preparation and it was an easy choice in the end.

“ He’s also incredibly experienced at this level, having made the NSW Cup team last year.”

In promoting Whitelaw, 2017 incumbent Sam Meskell joins the club’s reigning player of the year, Lamar Liolevave, as vice-captains.

“That’s an excellent leadership group,” Jobson said.

Tweed’s ISC campaign began on Sunday with a 24-12 loss to Norths Devils. They travel to Souths Logan at 3pm on Sunday for Round 2.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Seagulls to lose centre
    http://www.goldcoast.com.au

TWEED Heads have been dealt a major blow ahead of their Gold Coast Intrust Super Cup derby against Burleigh with talented centre Brayden McGrady rubbed out for the next three matches.

McGrady was charged with a grade three dangerous throw during the second half of Tweed’s 28-10 loss to Souths Logan on Sunday.

The Seagulls minimised damage by accepting the early guilty plea of three weeks, rather than risking a five-game ban had they unsuccessful fought the charge.

Burleigh won’t have their full cavalry available either with Matt White still sidelined due to a two-game suspension.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Selfless offer says it all - Tweed impressed by new captain’s dedication
    http://www.goldcoast.com.au

A 22-year-old who has not even played a trial game in club colours might not seem like the ideal candidate to elevate into the captaincy.

Yet one conversation alone sums up exactly why Cheyne Whitelaw – who will lead Tweed Heads out for the first time today at lock against Burleigh, despite not being named – was the prime choice.

At the Seagulls’ season launch earlier this month, new chief executive Matt Jobson announced the club’s intentions to get involved with local charity programs and mentoring, though exact plans are still to be refined.

“The next week Cheyne came and saw me off his own bat and said, ‘I heard what you said at the launch – I’ve got some really big off-field goals myself, I’d love to get involved’,” Jobson said. “He wanted to donate some of his playing fee. He wanted any involvement he could possibly have.

“I said, ‘hold off on the donation of the playing fee; you don’t make enough money’, but what we are trying to do is have a mentoring program, a bit of a support outreach program – whatever shape that looks – and he said ‘mate, that’s fantastic’. “He is a fantastic kid … he has got leadership written all over him.”

Whitelaw joined Tweed in the off-season from Rabbitohs feeder club North Sydney.

“Footy is a massive, huge goal of mine but me moving up from Sydney wasn’t just about that – it was also about ticking a few other boxes,” he said.

“I wanted to contribute either my money or time towards charity this year.

“I’m also trying to encourage the boys to get around the community and build a community in Tweed, which apparently they have lost a little bit in the last couple of years.”

Whitelaw missed the first two rounds of the Intrust Super Cup season after dislocating his left wrist in Gold Coast’s NRL trial against Brisbane last month.

Young prop ticks boxes at Seagulls

MOEAKI Fotuaika has been turning heads in his introduction to senior football but Tweed Heads coach Ben Woolf is not getting carried away, telling the teen prop to work on his defence.

After a big pre-season, he has been testing himself in the starting front-row for Intrust Super Cup side Tweed Heads and has not let anyone down. Woolf praised the young gun for not taking a backward step against Burleigh’s hardened forward pack during the Seagulls’ 32-12 loss on Saturday.

Room for improvement remains but Fotuaika is ticking the boxes.

“He has got some defensive issues and effort issues at times but they are things you learn,” Woolf said. “I went through some stuff with him on Friday.”

Tweed face Papua New Guinea abroad on Sunday.

WINGER-TURNED-PROP ON FOR GULLS TRIFECTA

TRISTAN Lumley has made the ultimate rugby league transition and now he wants to build on an unusual record in his Tweed career.

Lumley burst onto the under-20s as a winger for Brisbane and thought the outside backs would forever be his territory.

But with each passing year he has moved closer to the point where he is now a regular starting Intrust Super Cup prop for the Seagulls, despite only tipping the scales at 103kg – and that’s after stacking on 5kg in the off-season.

“I’m usually a backrower now but Woolfy (Tweed coach Ben Woolf) asked me if I wanted to play front-row and I said ‘yeah, no worries, I’ll take the challenge’ and the last three games I thought I have gone pretty well,” Lumley said.

He produced his best effort yet last weekend against Burleigh, taking on the likes of Luke Page to earn praise from Woolf.

Another fearsome challenge awaits tomorrow when Tweed face the Hunters in Port Moresby.

Strangely, though, the premiers are the only team Lumley has defeated since joining the Seagulls midway through last year.

While winless against the other 12 clubs, Lumley and Tweed have combined to be two-from-two against the Hunters in 2017 – first in PNG by 14-10 and then by 26-18 at Piggabeen in Round 25 to avoid the wooden spoon.

Now the 25-year-old painter is on the hunt to extend that winning record.

“I know what we have got to do,” he said. “All we have to do is complete our sets, kick the ball out so we can get set restarts because their back three are dangerous and see how we go.

“They have only won one game this year so we have got to go over there thinking we can win it.”

For cross-town rivals Burleigh, they will be out to extend their unbeaten start to the season which has them sitting atop the ladder.

The Bears, who may have Titans centre Brenko Lee on deck pending fitness, host the Magpies today at 4pm.

Inactive User

Seagulls are close to being uncompetitive.

LONE WOOLF IN TIPS

TWEED Heads Seagulls coach Ben Woolf found himself in hot water with the Gold Coast Titans recently.

Woolf, a former Titans under-20s coach, tipped against the Titans in a newspaper tipping competition when they faced the New Zealand Warriors in Auckland.

Woolf was correct as the Warriors beat the Titans, but it did not go down well with heavy-hitters at the Titans, who are Tweed Heads’ feeder club and provide NRL-contracted players to the Seagulls.

It’s safe to say he probably won’t be tipping against the Titans again this season and will be going with his heart rather than his head for the Gold Coast.

http://www.couriermail.com.au

The Seagulls are rubbish today with Latu & Simpkins looking out of touch with this grade

Great to see young Woolfy playing for his uncle against his dad ....... There's probably only a few on here that will know how good this kid could be , great to see he's moved from the Donkeys to the Cows
    #itaintweaktospeak