Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thanks BT. Good to see your summary.
    I agree with your point 1 above about the kids. I reckon we should flood the market with freebies early in a season to get kids to pressure their parents into taking them to a Titans game. That should be done via the schools as Bods said.
    The current game day experience is very poor. Absolutely no atmosphere leading up to a game and the ground announcer and pre game and half time "entertainment" is embarrassing. The marketing of Titans games is also very poor and I see adds for the Suns everywhere. I have a mate here from Melbourne and I am, reluctantly, going to the Suns this week. Only cost $25 for a seat in the upper level.
    But I think most of all of our suggestions are just tinkering at the edges. All we need is a consistent winning footy team and I think the crowds would come back. We have been let down by too many poor performances over the years where I find that most people on the Coast just don't care anymore and have become tired of it all. I'm one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    We had the first meeting last night and it was a pretty good night. The cross section of members in this Alliance is really diverse with a lot to bring to the Alliance. The meetings are being held bi-monthly which is great. We didn’t get into anything really meaty last night but there was a few common points that resonated with everyone.
    1. We need to convert or emerse the GC kids in the Titans brand and get them to engage all things Titans.

2. The disconnect that there seems from the community. More so from the Centre of excellence days to now.

So if anyone has any constructive ideas in relation to how we can get some traction in these two areas this would be great.

Also Darryl has made it his priority to have a song in place this year. Soon you will see some information about that moving forward.

Expect to hear some announcements re sponsorship in the next 2-4 weeks as well.

I will post more that I can think of later but these are the headlines at the minute.

Cheers,
    Lee (BT )
    Thank you Lee. I'm really happy that you are representing the Titans fan-base and particularly us.

We can surely help provide some ideas too.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    ^^^ JB I vehemently and respectfully strongly disagree with your assertion that the Titans already go to plenty of schools.
    Everything else in there is great.
    Had to google it.

vehemently
    ˈviːəməntli/Submit
    adverb
    in a forceful, passionate, or intense manner; with great feeling.
    "he vehemently denied any suggestion of improper conduct"

They've been to Helensvale High a couple of times in the last 12 months. That's all I can vouch for.

Thanks all for the feedback so far. What has been said so far has been great.

There is a real commitment from the Board and Graham etc to make this work. This initiative is being driven by Chris so this is why I think that it will work as he has been at the coal face since our inception and copped plenty over the years from all quarters.

One thing to remember is that this Alliance has been formed to take our voice to the club and now that Rebecca and Darryl are now settled in they can now listen to us all.

Also Bodsy I respect your views however your comment re Graham is for mine, not called for. Graham has been doing a wonderful job for the club pretty much by himself since he came here and he has been dealing with one crisis after another without any real clear air and small budgets . So with Graham dealing with all the big issues some smaller ones may have slipped etc. Not his fault , just the way it was and has been up to recent times. Now the club has owners like Rebecca and Darryl and a Chairman in Dennis the little things that have fallen away will slowly get clawed back in time.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

That’s great BT. I think the issue is about how we’ve engaged the schools. Schools are education institutes not junior rugby league clubs and smart sports recognize that. They learn what schools want from interacting with a professional sports club and act accordingly. I’ll bet my left nut that private schools have been largely ignored and that’s another issue.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

Point taken BT....tell you all one thing I have a foot in the camps of both the Titans and Suns and I can tell you the outlook and morale currently for the Titans is miles ahead of the Suns. The pressure and doom and gloom at Carrara at the moment is as enormous as we have ever experienced at the Titans.

PS-I want to add though that the James Roberts Contract Debacle did happen under his watch as CEO. Old mate who lost his job is seen by some as being an unfortunate scape goat of the whole mess. That saga involving Jimmy was truly unfathomable.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 14-06-18 at 11:59 AM.

Send a couple of players with a little 2-3min Highlights Package of their career in Titans Colours on a USB Stick to show to each school Assembly Be it primary/secondary, public/private, big school/small school from Murwillumbah to Ormeau and take questions for about 5mins.
    Will take a few hours out of each players life maybe 3 times a year but the stars in the eyes of the kids and the goodwill it brings is immense.
    Doesn’t need to be clinics, we just want to enthuse the kids be they jocks or nerds, dancers or gamers, male or female to just want to be a Titan fan and maybe ask Mum or Grandpa to take them to a game.
    No offence Mr Bods but this type of promotion at a school level is from another era...It is outdated and I would argue it has absouletly no or extremely little influence on whether they attend a football game in today's society. If the club is banking on this strategy it will be a wasted exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    No offence Mr Bods but this type of promotion at a school level is from another era...It is outdated and I would argue it has absouletly no or extremely little influence on whether they attend a football game in today's society. If the club is banking on this strategy it will be a wasted exercise.
    Can't say I disagree. The only way I found out they were at my sons school was when he told me he could of got tickets to the game we were watching on TV. In the same way that anyone that plays JRL can access free tickets to certain games in a certain section but they don't take the opportunity. Maybe a way to combat this would be for the Titans to put on some coaching clinics for the JRL coaches and entice them to bring their teams to the footy? I dunno, it's hard to say what would work. I was born on the GC so I always promoted the Titans to my team and I used to take my team to the footy on the free occasions anyway (it cost a small fortune with the prices of food and drink).

I think MT said it best, they won't follow a team that isn't playing well or is perceived as a cellar dweller either.

Inactive User

You want to be engaging more kids than just the ones that play Junior Rugby League. The critics seem to be missing that point.

I think I've been to games in the past that had a march past of junior clubs and some of their teams. Give them tickets to attend and do that and hope a few like what they see and come back. I also read that the Sharks have some dance thing this week with 2000 participants. Obviously if they bring at least one parent that's at least 3,000 extra at the game and some might like what they see and come back.
    Our games used to have a good atmosphere and heaps of kids brought their flags. Even though I often nearly lost an eye with the kids waving them it added to the atmosphere. Now you hardly see any.
    I went to a sporting event in the US recently and instead of kiss cam they have Emoji cam where they put up a few and people in the crowd imitated what was on the big screen. It was actually quite funny.

You want to be engaging more kids than just the ones that play Junior Rugby League. The critics seem to be missing that point.
    Engaging today's kids for a few minutes on a school assembly does not translate to kids convincing their parents to go to the football... You're more likely to have kids hassle their parents for the latest mobile phone then to spend money on an outing to the footy.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    Engaging today's kids for a few minutes on a school assembly does not translate to kids convincing their parents to go to the football... You're more likely to have kids hassle their parents for the latest mobile phone then to spend money on an outing to the footy.
    Anything that resembles celebrity be it big or small and a break from hearing from the Principal and Staff 100% will engage them. It will be a magnificent winner to get to the assembly with highlights on a USB and a two minute positive speech.
    Takes up very little time too and I know it will be empowering for the players too.

Anything that resembles celebrity be it big or small and a break from hearing from the Principal and Staff 100% will engage them. It will be a magnificent winner to get to the assembly with highlights on a USB and a two minute positive speech.
    Takes up very little time too and I know it will be empowering for the players too.
    Engage perhaps... Convert to tickets at the football highly unlikely.

MT the problem with making a parent pay to accompany and see their kid perform a dance as you describe it is that it can backfire very quickly when a self entitled mum decides that getting one free ticket to be with their kid isn't enough and makes a social media post that they "deserve" 5 tickets for all the relatives etc and it goes viral because "we don't fill the seats anyway" etc.

Bods if we can't engage 1/10th of the 50,000 JRL players on the Gold Coast to become fans and members when they have an interest in the game what makes you think that some kid that plays Fortnite for 14 hrs a day is going to care about our club?

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    MT the problem with making a parent pay to accompany and see their kid perform
    I would give their parents tickets as well (meant to say this earlier). Of course you'd pick a game that doesn't usually sell that well. That gives a choice of about 9 or 10 home games.