Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Be interesting to see how the Cowboys go when they get the keys to that new stadium.

The ground announcer is important. And I hear this mentioned so much. IMO a good announcer should be like a DVD commentary of a movie or even like those "Let's Play" videos that many of us and the youth are obsessed about on youtube. Needs great knowledge of the game, with a quick wit. Maybe we can have two, always good to have people play off each other. Shouldn't be a radio cross over.

On the issue of kids on the field. When was the last time the Titans allowed this? I know it has been done on the odd occasion. I think it is a big deal.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

That stadium will be impressive but they will be well and truly into rebuild phase by then as already evidenced.

Either way a giant leap for them and will be interesting if they keep the numbers turning up when they aren’t at the top end of the table.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Be interesting to see how the Cowboys go when they get the keys to that new stadium.

The ground announcer is important. And I hear this mentioned so much. IMO a good announcer should be like a DVD commentary of a movie or even like those "Let's Play" videos that many of us and the youth are obsessed about on youtube. Needs great knowledge of the game, with a quick wit. Maybe we can have two, always good to have people play off each other. Shouldn't be a radio cross over.

On the issue of kids on the field. When was the last time the Titans allowed this? I know it has been done on the odd occasion. I think it is a big deal.
    I can’t help thinking the kids on the field thing might be tied up with the owners. God forbid little Johnny falls over and hurts himself ...

Hi All,
    On Wednesday we had the last meeting of the Alliance and here are some bot points of what was discussed while not exhaustive. If I remember other things I'll post them as well.

They had Anthony Laffranchi there to address us, update us and to take questions. He was pretty honest in the assessment of where the club sits on the ladder and thought that we should have been a bit higher than where we are now. He also spoke at that there are some players not playing to potential. He pointed out that with Bryce Cartwright was not given a clear chance to succeed as he was in Penrith one day and then on the GC the next and didn't have the luxury of a considerable preseason under his belt to take the benefits our of the Titans system. He hopes that next year is different as Bryce no doubt has enormous potential. He said that we have 25 of out 30 spots filled for next year at this stage.
    He also talked Junior Development and what is happening is pretty exciting to be honest and its hoped that the extra $$ available will assist in arresting the flood of players signing to other clubs going forward. Although its pointed out that we can't keep them all. That said I'm pretty excited in what is happening in this space and what will happen. The Titans look to have ( I don't know the term ) set a Titans exclusive catchment areas through the relevant RL bodies. Titans have now got from Coffs Harbour up as our catchment mdrew,ALX25 and HS can probably talk more on it. But essentially we have development rights to the players and if another club wished to sign said player we are paid a fee. This I believe is a big win. We have also West out to Toowoomba and Im not sure of the surrounding areas and of course the GC. Please look out for info more on this in the next few months.

The club is looking to secure some Parking near the stadium to offer to members next year at a cost ( not sure at the minute of cost ).

Also look for the Members Bar to move from the North East corner to the North West corner overlooking the ground. This could happen for the Storm game but defiantly for the Cowboys game. This move is hoped to be a permanent move from the club and needs members to us it more. Its also envisaged that after games that this bar area can be used for members to move to celebrate / commiserate after the game. This is also where players will come up to as well to give members more access after the game.

We saw a prototype of the Members Cap next year and if they run with it ,it will be the best Cap we have had.

Also with the last two home games there COULD be some external Food Vans in the outside precinct area so keep an eye out for that.

Also it was discovered that there has been approval given for a Tavern or liquor licence ( external to the Titans ) in the area near to the Ground. However not much in known on this at all. However there is a fair bit of development in that area now so it won't come as a surprise for a Tavern to pop up in the next 12 months or so.

If I remember more I post more later , however this is the bulk of the meeting from memory.

Cheers,

BT.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Thanks mate, that's awesome.

That is awesome BT, thanks for sharing mate. Glad to hear the club is making inroads with its juniors.

Cheers BT.

First Grader

There is a rugby union player at TSS Dion Samuela and is the closest thing to Ponga you will ever see. Apparently was in the Titans system some years ago but not now. If the Titans are fair dinkum about juniors he is one that they should be knocking on his door every night.

Just google him and see his highlights reel
    Last edited by Whats Doing; 17-08-18 at 05:04 PM.

Thanks for taking the time for writing this Bayside!

Moving the members bar sounds like a great idea.

Car parking for members and perhaps some profit for the club would be good too. I drive to games when I’m in Australia.

Would love to see a tavern. We have been waiting a decade.

Food trucks is a viable idea and shows some changes in society/economy/dining in the last five years.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Thanks BT, great to hear the Alliance is alive and well.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

Any update on us finally having a Song???

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Any update on us finally having a Song???
    Hi Bods....The song that was mooted was almost at " Go" Stage but it got paused to look at it more as Daryl doesn't want to rush it..

Also later today I'll post the notes from the last meeting we had... I would say it was a really good one and Dennis Watts came to speak. I'm not sure he may have only been there to speak for 20 minutes but he spoke to us for an hour and I must say that he spoke highly of the club and where it is going. One point to note that he noted that Titans were one of three clubs last year to make a profit all be it a small profit but none the less a profit.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Inactive User

^^^ thanks BT. If I see Sir Darryl I’ll be hitting him up about the song.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    One point to note that he noted that Titans were one of three clubs last year to make a profit all be it a small profit but none the less a profit.
    Oh what. News to me! If that is the case, that is an enormous achievement.

Well done to Dennis Watts giving you and by extension the whole fanbase that time.

Inactive User

There’s been nothing in this thread for over 12 months.
    Does the Alliance still exist???

I actually forgot about it until you bumped this thread.