Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Titan CEO

Default Titans sign Johnstone

leagueunlimited

Respected strength and conditioning coach Billy Johnstone has signed a three-year NRL deal with the Gold Coast Titans.

The Kangaroos, Queensland Origin and North Queensland conditioner will head to the tourist strip at the end of this season as the Titans prepare to enter the 2007 competition. Johnstone was the Gold Coast Giants' inaugural signing and captained the first NSWRL team in the region.

Titans boss Michael Searle says he's delighted Johnstone will join - among other high-profile players - Test and Wests Tigers halfback Scott Prince at the fledgling club.

Titan First Grade Regular Eel 33's Avatar

Prepare to be flogged at training boys.

Default Titans sign NRL fitness guru Johnstone

Titans sign NRL fitness guru Johnstone
    March 14, 2006 - 2:24PM

Respected strength and conditioning coach Billy Johnstone has signed a three-year deal with new NRL club the Gold Coast Titans.

The Kangaroos, Queensland Origin and North Queensland conditioner will head to the tourist strip at the end of this season as the Titans prepare to enter the 2007 competition.

Johnstone, 47, was the Gold Coast Giants' inaugural signing and captained the first national rugby league team in the region.

"It'll be good to go back - it's where I finished my playing career," said Johnstone, who has three children living on the Gold Coast.

"It's great to have top class footy back there and I am pleased to be involved."

Johnstone, a former top-shelf light-middleweight boxer, was credited with instilling toughness into the Bulldogs camp in the late 1990s before joining the Cowboys in 2002.

"I've known him, played against him and watched the success he's achieved in his position," said Titans coach John Cartwright.

"He is exactly what we are after at the Titans.

"He is renown for his training ethic as a boxer and a footballer and wherever he's been, success follows."

Titans chief executive Michael Searle said he was ecstatic that Johnstone would join the fledgling club following the recent announcement of Test halfback Scott Prince's four-year deal.

"We consider the signing of Billy Johnstone one of our most important to date," said Searle.

"There is no doubt that as a conditioner he is the benchmark within the NRL and his appointment finalises our coaching roster."

The Sydney Morning Herald

Fantastic - the club keeps coming together nicely!

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

Titans Star Player Steve Dangerous's Avatar

top stuff.

i love how we're shaping a great team both on and off the field.

Congrats to the Titans on this one... and let me say at least you will know the boys will be really fit and raring to go come 2007 season opener..

I use to see Billy back in the day when I use to go to Bulldogs training as a young teenager and watch the boys, he always had the boys running laps of Belmore and doing loads of fitness training... I think that is what is the key to his success, ATM I know the Bulldogs do a lot of strength training and the Cowboys now do the fitness, and it seems fitness always wins out at the end..

But yeah he will do well for the club and whilst a lot of people will say the Cowboys will be annoyed... they won't, sad, yes, but like the Bulldogs the assistant is taught by Billy to implement what he has done once he goes... lets hope that the Cowboys can do it... I would like to see them continue to be strong..

Good luck Billy with the Gold Coast Titans.. I know you can do this team proud....

Titans sign inaugural Gold Coast Captain

The Gold Coast Titans have secured the services of highly respected conditioner Billy Johnstone for their debut in the 2007 NRL Telstra Premiership. The current Kangaroos and Queensland State of Origin Conditioner will head to the Gold Coast at the end of the 2006 season to begin a 3 year contract with the NRL's newest club.

For Billy it's a homecoming of sorts ? he was the inaugural signing and captained the first ever national rugby league team in the area - the Gold Coast Giants.

Johnstone said, ?It?ll be good to go back ? it?s where I finished my playing career, it?s great to have top class footy back there and I am pleased to be involved.?

The former top class light middleweight boxer has earned accolades for his tough but fair approach to achieving the best of his charges as a conditioner.

He was credited with helping create the tough team tag given to the Bulldogs in the late 90?s and has been well involved in the success of the North Queensland Cowboys in the past two years.
    Johnstone was at the top of the Titans list because of his approach and ability to get the best from the players - his strength of character the clincher.

Titans Head Coach John Cartwright said, ?I?ve known him, played against him and watched the success he?s achieved in his position. He is exactly what we are after at the Titans. He is renowned for his training ethic as a boxer and a footballer and wherever he?s been, success follows.?

Titans Managing Director Michael Searle is also ecstatic with the announcement of the signing. The recent signature of Scott Prince and now Johnstone, sure to make the Rugby League world sit up and take notice.

Searle said, ?We consider the signing of Billy Johnstone one of our most important to date. There is no doubt that as a conditioner he is the benchmark within the NRL and his appointment finalises our coaching roster?

Source: Titans.com.au
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Titan CEO

btw...thanks everyne for letting me know i spelt his name wrong...lol title now edited.

The Titans are sign the right people, they should do very well next year.

One of our greatest signings to date, which will bring a lot of respect from the rest of the competition. A major asset to the Gold Coast.

We have brought Billy and Presto home!

Welcome back Billy!
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Huge signing! Its great that he has come back to the Coast

Great signing, Johnstone brings even more respectability to the club off the field. The pieces are coming together nicely

QLD Cup Titan

This is the most important signing the club has made.

imo biggest and best signing so far
    If you can see Chuck Norris, he can see you. If you can't see Chuck Norris you may be only seconds away from death.

Just when you think things are looking great, something happens and we better it again. Awesome signing, The Tites will be fittest team in the comp!