Thread: Mitchell Pearce

Default Mitchell Pearce

So he gets the ****es and wants to leave the Roosters because Cronk will be wearing the 7. His choice of club to go to, Manly where DCE will be wearing the 7. I don’t see what he has gained. Cronk was signed for 2 years, DCE has 6 years left on his contract.

Green allowed an immediate release to sign with the Warriors looks like Mitchell will be wearing the 6 for the Eagles

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    So he gets the ****es and wants to leave the Roosters because Cronk will be wearing the 7. His choice of club to go to, Manly where DCE will be wearing the 7. I don’t see what he has gained. Cronk was signed for 2 years, DCE has 6 years left on his contract.
    Keary is a better 6 than Pierce
    #itaintweaktospeak

Shows what a complete wank3r he really is. Has the chance of a lifetime to learn new skills alongside one of the greats and he chooses to run to another club where he will still be the other half, and destroys his chance to be a one club man, Roosters legend etc.

Seriously, has had every opportunity. In a few years he will be the guy who had everything and threw it all away.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    Shows what a complete wank3r he really is. Has the chance of a lifetime to learn new skills alongside one of the greats and he chooses to run to another club where he will still be the other half, and destroys his chance to be a one club man, Roosters legend etc.

Seriously, has had every opportunity. In a few years he will be the guy who had everything and threw it all away.
    I might disagree with you there Whiz. Consider where Pearce might play if he was still at the Roosters - obviously not half with Cronk there, 5/8? nup Keary is a better player, hooker? nup, not in front of Friend. So at best Pearce would be on the bench and he wouldn't cop that and neither would I if I was him.
    He is 28 and when Cronk leaves he'll be 30 and probably only have a couple of years left himself. Sadly, I think Pearce is as good as he is going to get.
    I can see why the Roosters signed Cronk but if I was Pearce I'd probably leave as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I might disagree with you there Whiz. Consider where Pearce might play if he was still at the Roosters - obviously not half with Cronk there, 5/8? nup Keary is a better player, hooker? nup, not in front of Friend. So at best Pearce would be on the bench and he wouldn't cop that and neither would I if I was him.
    He is 28 and when Cronk leaves he'll be 30 and probably only have a couple of years left himself. Sadly, I think Pearce is as good as he is going to get.
    I can see why the Roosters signed Cronk but if I was Pearce I'd probably leave as well.
    Fair enough MT, I'll take your word for all of that, but I can't see how he is better off for leaving. What is he gaining?

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    Fair enough MT, I'll take your word for all of that, but I can't see how he is better off for leaving. What is he gaining?
    Probably a starting spot which he might not have got at the Roosters. Also, if he goes to the Knights he'll get a truckload mre $$ than he got at the Roosters.

He had no choice but to leave ... behind all the 'stay' rhetoric was a clear 'excess baggage' message. The Knights is also the right choice irrespective of the cash package. At least at Newcastle he can re-invent himself as a senior player and leader of a resurgence. At Manly or the Sharks he was just going to be the whipping boy for any failures. Sure he'll cop some of that in Newcastle but it can shared. Don't like him but he seems to have made a good decision out of a bad situation, imho.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.