Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2018 Captain

I’d be a lot happier if Proctor could just get on the field ... we are not getting value.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I’d be a lot happier if Proctor could just get on the field ... we are not getting value.
    Part of the reason he wasnt on the field was by missing 4 games by being ”Cokey The Clown”. He caused terrible damage last year and didn’t play particularly great football.
    So I’ll hold back for the time being on calling him Proctor, he was made our Captain and he shat all over it.
    Give us half a season of good footy and leadership and then he can get the love.
    Same with Bryce Cartwright-he won’t be called Carty or Brycey or anything else ending in “Y” till he earns his stripes through 6 months of committed professionalism on and off the field.

Iwas continually asked to lay off Hayne last year too and I’m glad I didn’t relent.

As an act of conciliation though I’ll try and not talk about KProctor as much as possible. He’s definitely no Hayne I’ll concede that and I’m very confident he will turn out to be a superb Titan.

I’m so pleased Bodsie that you’re not going to call Coke Zero Procty, Procky, Proctory or dare I say it Kevvie

Inactive User

^^ ha ha-quality Post Titanic.

Inactive User

Is it known who is the Captain and/or Captaincy Structure yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Is it known who is the Captain and/or Captaincy Structure yet?
    I think the Tigers Model is the Model we should be following. Maybe with 1 or 2 extra.
    Psmitty

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    I think the Tigers Model is the Model we should be following. Maybe with 1 or 2 extra.
    smitty I don’t know what the Tigers model is. Could you enlighten me a little please?

I was being sarcastic as the Tigers have chosen 5 Captains which I think is absolutely stupid and makes them a laughing stock.
    Psmitty

Inactive User

^^^ thanks smitty, I wasn’t aware of this. And yes it’s laughable.

It's ingenious, you could surround a ref on the field to explain a bad decision and he can't tell you to go away because you're all captains!

I think we should name 5 co-captains ... as long as they’re all the same bloke.

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2018/...itans-in-2018/

Ryan James to Captain Titans in 2018
    Author Titans.com.au
    Timestamp Mon 26 Feb 2018, 01:53 PM

The TFH Gold Coast Titans are pleased to announce that Ryan James has been named Club Captain for season 2018.

James was appointed co-captain at the beginning of the 2017 season, before assuming the full captaincy role mid-way through the season, and he will continue in the role again in 2018.

James, a local product (Bilambil) is passionate about the region he represents and will continue to lead the Titans in that way.

“I’ve said many times what the Titans means to me and nothing has changed,” James said. “This club is all I know and I’m so passionate about the team, the people involved and the whole region.

“We’ve had a number of changes over time but I’m truly excited about 2018 and what we can do as a club.

“I’ve got a number of senior guys around me and I’ll continue to lean on them throughout what we all know is a long and tough NRL season.”

Newly appointed Head Coach Garth Brennan didn’t see the need for change at the top.

“Ryan is a genuine leader,” he said. “I said early on after my arrival that I would take my time in making a decision on the captaincy but Ryan has shown the qualities necessary across all areas of the club.

“He’s a local, he’s experienced, he’s passionate, he’s community minded and he’s someone that the group look up to. That’s what we want and I know he is more than capable in the role.

“He’ll have Kevin Proctor and Nathan Peats to lean on and I know the three of them have spoken about how they can contribute to taking this club forward.”

CEO Graham Annesley also believes James is the right man for the job.

“Ryan is not only an outstanding player, he's a genuinely great person who represents everything this club is about,” Annesley said.

“Whether it’s on the field, around the club, or in the community, Ryan is totally committed to helping the club reach its potential.”
    Psmitty

Congratulations Ryan James ... and also the club for making the right decision ... one captain to rule them all about bloody time.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Congratulations Ryan James ... and also the club for making the right decision ... one captain to rule them all about bloody time.
    Indeed. Agree. I hope that even if we get injury issues in the front row that Ryan stays in the 2nd Row so we have an 80min Captain.