Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Inactive User

Fantastic News
    What a Relief

Unfortunately @GCTitans forward Max King will require shoulder reconstruction surgery after dislocating his shoulder 2 weeks ago. A usual 4-6 month recovery will have him fit sometime during the pre-seasonhttps://twitter.com/nrlphysio/status/1009365276347883522?s=21
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Inactive User

^^^ that sucks
    He was really coming along this season till that occurred
    Well it provides an opportunity now for the likes of Boyle, Stockwell, Mo and Latu to step it up

As unfortunate as that is I’m sure he’ll benefit greatly from the extra weights work he’ll go through during recovery.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Badel reporting that Cartwright has broken his hand at training.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Inactive User

^^^ a broken hand sounds like a horrible nasty injury but they actually aren’t. He could be back on the field as soon as maybe next weeks game. Definitely gone for this week.

Broken hand as Bryce Cartwright’s season goes from bad to worse
    Peter Badel, The Courier-Mail
    an hour ago
    Subscriber only
    BRYCE Cartwright’s nightmare season at the Titans has suffered another setback, with the Gold Coast recruit yesterday breaking his hand in a freak training mishap.

A disappointed Cartwright underwent surgery last night to have a pin inserted in his hand after colliding with a Titans teammate during a contact session at training yesterday morning.

The silver lining for Cartwright is that the injury is not season-ending, with the 23-year-old expected to miss only a fortnight in his quest to fight his way back into the Titans’ NRL squad.

Bryce Cartwright broke his hand during a training mishap and now faces an even longer stint on the sidelines. Picture: AAP
    The former Panther is currently languishing in the Intrust Super Cup with feeder-club Tweed and hasn’t played first grade since the Titans’ 34-14 loss to the Roosters in late May.

Titans coach Garth Brennan confirmed the injury when contacted by The Courier-Mail.

“It’s a freak injury Bryce has had,” Brennan said.

“We were doing some contact work on our backs in the gym, it’s a session we do every week and I think his hand smacked into someone’s head.

“We have a QScan office in our building so we took him there straight away for a scan and it showed a break.

“He’ll be having an operation. Thankfully it’s not a season-ending injury.

“It hasn’t been a great year for Bryce, he had a good game last week for Tweed and was just starting to get some confidence back.”

The development came just 24 hours after Brennan challenged Cartwright to improve his attitude if he wants a long-term future at the Titans.

“The truth is we aren’t shopping Bryce, but his management have been looking around,” Brennan said.

“At the end of the day, that’s not my problem. It’s up to Bryce to play good football and if he’s playing good footy and wants to have a crack, then there is a place for him at the Titans.

“But I don’t play favourites at this club. I don’t care who you are or what you have done, I just pick the best team I can on form.”

The key part of that highlighted section was “and he wants to have a crack” says to me that Brennan is just as frustrated with his defence as we are.

Copley gone for the season, big loss (even though he had a shocker on the weekend).

Junior

Just a passing comment. I was talking to Adam Russell (Titans Head Physio) yesterday about the impending departure of Hayden Knowles. Adam had nothing but praise for him, said it was the best preseason he had been involved in (even coming from another code) and that they were about 30% down on missed games this year compared to last year.

Hayden Knowles is going to be a massive loss, and agree you can see how many players didn't miss games through injury this year compared to the last few years. Hopefully he can help recommend a replacement as its one of the most important roles at a club.

AJ Brimson to have shoulder reconstruction. Recovery time typically 4-6 months according to NRL Physio on Twitter but the club is saying 5 months at worst.

First Grader

They should get Cartwright operated on as well to fix his torn heart muscle

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    They should get Cartwright operated on as well to fix his torn heart muscle
    Can't fix what doesn't exist