Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: 2018 preseason

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Troy Leo is a freak...he made QLD for A grade in his first year of Rugby League in 2016 and then was lighting up Qcup last year. Crazy speed and returns the ball tough K-hunt style. Only 22 as well.

Very good pickup re cap requirements RGC...today could be interesting?

What do you lads know ??? ;-)
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Inactive User

So is Troy Leo eligible now to play for us then?
    Also what will be this announcement today.....Tolman?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    So is Troy Leo eligible now to play for us then?
    Also what will be this announcement today.....Tolman?
    Only if there is no player of his position available in Top 30 or Development list. He's contracted only to ISC at this stage but definitely one to watch

I'm not sure if there will even be one - I wasn't hinting anything in the previous post, was genuine curiosity as to what the club is going to do because they're not salary cap compliant at this minute (29 players required to be contracted by 1st March). We have 28.

Inactive User

^^^ thanks HS

Junior
    Call me Mr Stupid but...

I reckon Locky is pretty close to the mark there. This is going to be a good year and I don't think we'll finish 15 or 16 as most "experts" have us. Just outside the 8 sounds about right. Ash to mature as a player is needed too. Finals next year is a very real possibility.

Depending on how long it takes this team to gel, we could crack the 8 this year!! I do get a bit pissed off when people keep harping on about last year being a shocker based on Hayne/Henry. Injuries cruelled us last year. No one seems to take that into account much.

For the "experts" to continually say the Hayne/Henry saga derailed us implies we are not the mentally tough outfit that we all know we are. You know, the team that never gave up and ground out wins or very hard fought losses. I think the injury toll made it hard for us to keep that grit and defiance needed week in week out to succeed in the NRL. Not being able to keep a relatively unchanged side on the field all year was a massive impediment.

This year will be a ripper!! BRING IT ON!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    I reckon Locky is pretty close to the mark there. This is going to be a good year and I don't think we'll finish 15 or 16 as most "experts" have us. Just outside the 8 sounds about right. Ash to mature as a player is needed too. Finals next year is a very real possibility.

Depending on how long it takes this team to gel, we could crack the 8 this year!! I do get a bit pissed off when people keep harping on about last year being a shocker based on Hayne/Henry. Injuries cruelled us last year. No one seems to take that into account much.

For the "experts" to continually say the Hayne/Henry saga derailed us implies we are not the mentally tough outfit that we all know we are. You know, the team that never gave up and ground out wins or very hard fought losses. I think the injury toll made it hard for us to keep that grit and defiance needed week in week out to succeed in the NRL. Not being able to keep a relatively unchanged side on the field all year was a massive impediment.

agree mate.

early o and until about halfway in the season we were in EVERY match bar one i think and it was late injuries that cruelled us as well as our inability to close out close games. we beat the sharks twice, storm once and should have beat brisbane, all top sides.

Injury free, better squad, likely better coach, better support staff for the coach, definitely improved morale = much improved season

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post

You obviously watched a different team to me. The efforts in many games in the latter half of the season was disgraceful, particularly the Canberra game.
    Fortunately that was last year and I share your optimism for this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    You obviously watched a different team to me. The efforts in many games in the latter half of the season was disgraceful, particularly the Canberra game.
    I think the performances towards the end of the year were born from frustration and disappointment. The frustration and disappointment were born from not being able to get a consistent 17 on the park all year. The injury toll (and therefore, form turn around from 2016) must have been bloody hard to fathom for the players, and even harder to cop for us fans.

I always take the view that any of the blokes that take the field in a Titans jersey is a far better player than I was, and I doubt that anyone ever trots onto the ground and doesn't give their all. It may appear to us disillusioned fans that they're not putting in, but I think they play to the best of their ability, and in some cases, as best as their busted bodies would allow them to.

That's another good thing about this year. The team list looks more able.

Should be a great year!

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    agree mate.

early o and until about halfway in the season we were in EVERY match bar one i think and it was late injuries that cruelled us as well as our inability to close out close games. we beat the sharks twice, storm once and should have beat brisbane, all top sides.

Injury free, better squad, likely better coach, better support staff for the coach, definitely improved morale = much improved season
    I'm with you, mate! I can't wait for Sunday. Win, lose or draw...I just want to see this team in full flight. It might take a couple of rounds, but I really hope we hit the ground running. I'd love to see us string a few wins together and build some early confidence and momentum.

Can't wait to see James terrorising the defence out wide, Wallace and Latu eating up meters through the middle, Don scoring those freaky tries, Arrow, Hipgrave, Proctor, Boyle, Cartwright (or Costanza as I call him, any Sienfeld fans here?), the progression of Max King.....Gordon chiming into the backline.

I hope Elgey and Taylor make good use of this squad. Some big mobile bodies for our generals to make use of. I see a lot of points in us this year if our halves can lift.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Last night was a perfect example of what I was talking about! Gutsy effort from a group of blokes that haven't even had time to gel properly yet. If we stay injury free...the 8 could be well within our grasp.

I've had a semi ever since we signed Arrow. Now it's a raging mongrel!! Can't wait to see what Hipgrave and Wallace can add when they hit the park.

Awesome pack!!

Cop that "experts".

(Yeah...I know it's only round 1, but things look good already from where I sit)

Can only agree with you on Arrow although only sporting 1/2 a chocolate at this early stage. Love your optimism and hope your predictions are spot on.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Can only agree with you on Arrow although only sporting 1/2 a chocolate at this early stage. Love your optimism and hope your predictions are spot on.
    Haha! Yeah mate, me too! I was battling in the Raiders game with the old chocolate. When Hurrell nearly killed Croker I let out a loud, HHEEEEYYAAA!!! The Missus came in the room and asked if I was right. She thought I'd had a heart attack.

I told her I was struggling with the cholesterol from this bar I was carrying and that I would need her help to get rid of my fat later. LOL!

That didn't really happen.

P.S.....It's good to see some humour here, Titanic! I like the cut of your jib!

Lol ... it’s not the size of the cut in the jib but the size of the jib in the cut
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Lol ... it’s not the size of the cut in the jib but the size of the jib in the cut
    A cut is a cut but some jibs are bigger than others. Fortunately, most cuts will stretch a mile before they tear an inch. LOL!!;