Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 preseason

Default 2018 preseason

When are the titans back to start preseason, also it would be nice this year to get a bit more content on the preseason as it’s something he titans media dept really lack compared to other clubs a few more videos and photos and stories would be good for the fans

Let's try our best. Being in Brisbane never helps me attend any training sessions.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Titans to begin pre-season down on assistants but high on hopes for 2018
    http://www.gcbulletin.com.au

THE Titans will start the preseason with just one assistant coach as Garth Brennan takes a hands-on role with his team.

Gold Coast return to preseason training at Parkwood today, with new mentor Brennan assembling his squad – including new recruits Jai Arrow and Brenton Lawrence – at Parkwood.

The Titans will not start onfield training until tomorrow but Brennan intends to take a hands-on role as he gets to know his players.

“The message that they get, I’m comfortable that it’s coming out of my mouth and it’s explained the way I want it explained,” said Brennan, who will work with Craig Hodges.

“I’ll be very hands-on early in the part anyway.

“That doesn’t mean there won’t be a role at some point, maybe for someone who can fill that transitional coach between us and Burleigh and Tweed. That’ll depend on what I think is needed later down the track.”

Brennan said locking in his physical performance unit – trainer Hayden Knowles, his assistant Scott Campbell and head of health and medicine Craig Catterick – was his top priority.

“My physical performance unit is locked in, which was my priority,” Brennan said.

“Obviously going into preseason, that’s where most of the work’s done. At this stage, it’ll be myself and Craig Hodges but I’m not saying there won’t be someone brought in at some stage if the right person comes along.”

Brennan said having such a close role with the players would help him form a bond, something that helps him get the best out of his troops.

“Sitting back and watching and not talking to them, that’s not (what I’m about), I’m a control freak if anything and I want to be with the boys in the mix of it,” he said.

Brennan is looking forward to footy taking the focus after a torrid introduction to his Titans role with his first Jarryd Hayne drama surfacing last week when rumours emerged the star wanted to leave.

“That’s not something that I can control and someone told me a long time ago, if you’re worried about things you can’t control, it’s just wasted energy,” he said.

“Whether Jarryd’s going to be here or not going to be here, I cant’ worry about that. I’m focussed on the other 29 players in my squad that are coming back on Monday.”
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 06-11-17 at 02:56 AM.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Hey guys just wondering if anyone had seen any photos of the guys training love seeing the new gear and new faces

New Gold Coast coach Garth Brennan lays down the law to his new Titans squad
    http://www.couriermail.com.au/

NOT even the race that stops a nation will halt Garth Brennan’s plans to rebuild the Gold Coast Titans.

The Titans reported for the first day of pre-season training on Monday under their new coach following the debacle of 2017, which led to the sacking of Neil Henry.

Brennan welcomed new recruits Brenton Lawrence (Sea Eagles), Jai Arrow (Broncos), Brendan Elliot (Knights), Jai Whitbread (Broncos) and Jack Stockwell (Knights) while Penrith hooker Mitch Rein will arrive later this week.

Brennan laid down the law to the Titans of 2018 during a meeting and his new-look fitness department of Hayden Knowles, Craig Catterick and Scott Campbell will put them through their paces on Tuesday.

Brennan has scheduled a training session under the searing sun at 1pm, which means the Titans will likely miss out on watching the Melbourne Cup (2pm), a tradition among most NRL teams.

It is the type of sacrifice the Titans are hoping will see them improve on last season’s dismal 15th-placed finish.

“He was upfront,” Arrow said of Brennan’s meeting.

“He said what our goals are and where he wanted us to be. If we don’t give it our all we won’t be in the team.”

There was an elephant in the room as doubt continues to linger over the future of star fullback Jarryd Hayne, currently on World Cup duty with Fiji.

The Titans are aware of Hayne’s family issues, which could see him seek a release to return to Sydney.

If Hayne leaves the Gold Coast it will free up $1.2 million in the club’s salary cap for 2018, giving Brennan a war chest to play with.

At this stage Hayne remains committed to the Titans and Lawrence said there was no point worrying about his future.

“If he wants to go he can go, if he wants to stay he can stay,” Lawrence said. “It doesn’t matter what I think or what my opinion is. It’s his decision.”

Lawrence returns to the Titans after playing 18 NRL games for the club in 2011-12. His career blossomed during five seasons at Manly and the powerful prop insists he can produce his best form on the Gold Coast despite turning 33 next month.

“I don’t feel much different to when I was here last time as far as fitness goes,” he said. “Everything is about opportunity. We’ll see how the next four months unfolds.

“Nothing has changed for me as far as my aspirations as a footballer. I’m a senior player in the squad and have got a lot more experience now than the last time I was here.”

Arrow, a Gold Coast junior, said he was focused on securing the No. 13 jersey full-time next year after leaving the Broncos.

Titans scrap Cup fun with work to be done
    htttp://www.couriermail.com.au

Brennan has scheduled a training session under the searing sun at 1pm, which means the Titans will likely miss out on watching the Melbourne Cup (2pm), a tradition among most NRL teams.

It is the type of sacrifice the Titans are hoping will see them improve on last season’s dismal 15th-placed finish. “He was upfront,” Arrow said of Brennan’s meeting. “He said what our goals are and where he wanted us to be. ‘If we don’t give it our all we won’t be in the team.”

There was an elephant in the room as doubt continues to linger over the future of star fullback Jarryd Hayne, NOT even the race that stops a nation will halt Garth Brennan’s plans to rebuild the Gold Coast Titans.

The Titans reported for the first day of pre-season training yesterday under their new coach following the debacle of 2017, which led to the sacking of Neil Henry.

Brennan welcomed new recruits Brenton Lawrence (Sea Eagles), Jai Arrow (Broncos), Brendan Elliot (Knights), Jai Whitbread (Broncos) and Jack Stockwell (Knights) while Penrith hooker Mitch Rein will arrive this week.

Brennan laid down the law to the Titans of 2018 during a meeting and his new-look fitness department of Hayden Knowles, Craig Catterick and Scott Campbell will put them through their paces today.

The Titans are aware of Hayne’s family issues, which could see him seek a release to return to Sydney.

If Hayne leaves the Gold Coast, it will free up $1.2 million in the club’s salary cap for 2018, giving Brennan a war chest to play with.

At this stage Hayne remains committed to the Titans. Lawrence said there was no point worrying about Hayne’s future.

“If he wants to go, he can go. If he wants to stay, he can stay,’’ said Lawrence.

“It doesn’t matter what I think or what my opinion is. It’s his decision.”

Lawrence returns to the Titans after playing 18 NRL games for the club in 2011-12. His career blossomed during five seasons at Manly and the prop insisted he could produce his best form on the Gold Coast despite turning 33 next month.

“I don’t feel much different to when I was here last time as far as fitness goes,” he said.

“Everything is about opportunity. We’ll see how the next four months unfolds.

“Nothing has changed for me as far as my aspirations as a footballer. I’m a senior player in the squad and have got a lot more experience now than the last time I was here.” Arrow, a Gold Coast junior, said he was focused on securing the No.13 jersey fulltime next year after leaving the Broncos.

Does anyone know if there were any photos of yesterday’s training session? Also smart by Brennan to schedule the training session when all sports journalists were watching the cup.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Does anyone know if there were any photos of yesterday’s training session? Also smart by Brennan to schedule the training session when all sports journalists were watching the cup.
    Full album available on Titans website mate

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Full album available on Titans website mate
    Thanks mate. Didn’t see it last night.

Can someone help with the names of the guys in slide 2, 4 ( guy leaning against posts ) and 11 player talking to Keegan ? From the Titans training gallery??

Also note that Ryan Simpkins is still training? I thought he left ?

Bodsy for you mate look at slide 33..... it’s a surprise for you... :-)

Good to see Condon back doing Rehab by popular demand.
    Psmitty

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Can someone help with the names of the guys in slide 2, 4 ( guy leaning against posts ) and 11 player talking to Keegan ? From the Titans training gallery??

Also note that Ryan Simpkins is still training? I thought he left ?

Bodsy for you mate look at slide 33..... it’s a surprise for you... :-)
    2) (from left to right) Lawton, TRD, Kiah Cooper, Sami, Olive, Sarginson, Copley, Lawrence

4) Lawrence, Greenwood and Kiah cooper

11) John Olive

My slides may be different to yours mate but also there is Apiata Noema, Stockwell, Whitbread (i think), Brimson and Tony Matautia

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    Good to see Condon back doing Rehab by popular demand.
    Yeah so good. Go Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by NZTITAN View Post
    2) (from left to right) Lawton, TRD, Kiah Cooper, Sami, Olive, Sarginson, Copley, Lawrence

4) Lawrence, Greenwood and Kiah cooper

11) John Olive

My slides may be different to yours mate but also there is Apiata Noema, Stockwell, Whitbread (i think), Brimson and Tony Matautia

Thanks mate.

Just thinking about our pack for next year. Who is front runners to get get lock and second row? I assume Proctor. James, Peats and Wallace have the other positions. Also what would be our best forward rotation on the bench?

Hipgrave looked good this year as did Boyle so surely they are a chance somewhere.
    Psmitty