Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: 2018 preseason

Rein shouldn’t take a bench spot ... start or out. Lawnton to centre and we are desperate. Hipgrove looks like he’s not quite fit ... liked him though. Leipana will eat Sami but I can’t offer a realistic alternative.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Karl Lawton broke his leg playing center

i noticed line speed was much improved from us and might be a non negotiable from the coach. Peats and some of the others were sprinting directly forwards to take the yards away at times.

I think Hipgrave was really strong, must be on the bench. He hit hard like Myles, but looked more active, more interested and more dynamic. actually moved a bit like him too.

James is gonna eat so many metres on that edge, and i loved at one point him missing a tackle and Elgey saving James' backside. good combo.

Ash was ok, but needs to vary his game more.

Overall it was decent, largely uninspiring but no injuries and few people stood up - Latu, Hipgrave etc.

Love that Brennan rewarded some kids with a trial last week, but with only 2 trials this year i wish he didn't waste it quite so much... will see if tyhat contributes to a slow start to the season for us, or if it has us fresher... who knows.

bring on round 1.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Rein shouldn’t take a bench spot ... start or out. Lawnton to centre and we are desperate. Hipgrove looks like he’s not quite fit ... liked him though. Leipana will eat Sami but I can’t offer a realistic alternative.
    I’m a believer in promoting Local Juniors so I want Lawton at number 17 and Rein can play QCup. Lawton provides a lot more utility options too.

Not saying for Karl Lawton to play centre, but has he played any other proper positions other than hooker in qcup? Eg 5/8

Brenko might go alright if he's on a wing instead of centre, less defensive decision making. Would be great if we could snare Peachey this year.

Inactive User

^^^ definitely played 5/8 in NYC and I’m confident but not certain he’s played there in QCup.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    ^^^ definitely played 5/8 in NYC and I’m confident but not certain he’s played there in QCup.
    Cheers just thinking how we are for depth, given we don't know if aj brimsom is nrl ready or not

As DB said, I really enjoyed the line speed. Been missing for years

I’m a believer in promoting Local Juniors so I want Lawton at number 17 and Rein can play QCup. Lawton provides a lot more utility options too.
    I'm a believer in putting the best possible team on the field. Lawton is made of glass. Rein would run rings around him at hooker.

Peats is ment to be a 80min player.
    Rein is our back up Hooker and that is it.
    Lawton brings so much more from the bench than Rein so easy decision.

I'm old fashioned but want the best players on the field. If they are local good, if not tough. I get more satisfaction out of winning than having a team of locals and losing.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I'm a believer in putting the best possible team on the field. Lawton is made of glass. Rein would run rings around him at hooker.
    Don’t agree that he is way superior to Lawton, I think the difference between them is more marginal, hence why I lean to Kayne.
    If my judgement was yours which is Rein is on another level to Lawton then I’d agree with you.

Read Rav's post

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I'm old fashioned but want the best players on the field. If they are local good, if not tough. I get more satisfaction out of winning than having a team of locals and losing.
    Just like in my response to JB I will reiterate AGAIN that I disagree with the premise that Rein is way superior to Kayne.
    Subsequently given Lawton adds utility value and the added bonuses of being a young junior I prefer Kayne.

Let’s see what the Coach reckons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    Read Rav's post
    I did-it was the words of a genius

Not genius Bodsy just fact!