Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: 2018 preseason

We just need a plan at the line!...we look lost.....ok now we score as im posting!

First Grader

About bloody time

Ummm why was Ask kicking?

Seriously, i am watching this through an awful stream on my ipad and i can make out players for both teams but these clowns have no idea.

Our attack close to the line needs a hell of a lot of work. Elgey goes for the no-look short ball too much and Taylor must read his own press about how good his short kicking game is, because he goes to it way too often.

TRD just scored a try, but still looks lethargic.

Well at least we know Cartwright is our no.13!

- - - Updated - - -

Ausphin....i agree.....thats why i drink alittle while i watch this....i love my team...the Titans....but come on....just very slow mo.....mistakes etc...mitch rein was ok....i not sure what our team will look like round 1! Well the back line anyway!

First Grader

Hurrel grabbing his groin

Ryan James, Leilani Latu and Keegan Hipgrave were my standouts and I thought Peats, Cartwright and Elgey were fine.

Joe Greenwood might actually be the worst player in the NRL, I really hope he doesnt play a significant minute in this side, I think he's Matt White 2.0 lmao

A lot of groin grabbing going on I reckon ... no huge injuries and something to build on ... bring it on!
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Is this the part where we tell ourselves it's only a trial?

Have to agree, not much chop at the line. Greenwood should be homesick now that we've had all this rain and can ship off.

Didn't want to lose this one but there you go. Some improvements and some glaring issues.

Can we beat the raiders? Im going to the first game....and yeah one of my best mates is a raiders supporter! Would love to rub it in!
    Last edited by Nam78; 24-02-18 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nam78 View Post
    Can we beat the raiders? Im going to thst game....and yeah one of my best mates is a raiders supporter! Would love to rub it in!
    We must beat the Raiders. They will be a fringe top 8 side and those are the sides we must beat, especially at home where we have few home games in the first few months.

I think as supporters we need to be patient. I doubt we are going to click straight away but some OK signs.

I have faith in Brennan. He is going to have to put a lot of time in to our halves. Some of his decisions so far though look great.

Latu, based on tonight's performance will be huge.

Cartwright will add variety in attack we have sorely missed.

James looks really at home in the back row.

Gordon will be solid.

I thought our left edge defence was ok and Elgey looked fine.

I think our starting team picks itself except maybe rd 1 where Wallace and Hipgrave are unavailable.

Only question mark is Elliot, Sami or Lee for the wing if Don is fit.

Inactive User

After our trials concluded this time last year I was quite convinced we were in for a horrific season and something was wrong internally.
    This time around I see no reason to be excited because we don’t have enough class but at the same time I don’t anticipate to be pulling my hair out and going apoplectic either with frustration and anger at lack of effort. This group will put in week in week out.
    This first game against Canberra is massive I reckon.
    We must get some early wins.
    Some clubs can absorb a slow start to the year, not us.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 24-02-18 at 07:05 PM.

Canberra - Warriors - Dragons - Brisbane and doesn't get any better, our first half of the season is going to be tough.

I agree with most of these comments.

Latu was great, and is exactly what we needed.

Ryan James might excel to a new level at second row, I never new he was that fast.

Keegan Hipgrave also impressed me, he is that Greg Bird mongrel we have needed.

konnie was also good, but I expect this of him.

I actually didn't mind elgeys game today, I thought he played a lot better than atay who overplayed his hand on too many occasions.

Greenwood, trd, and some of those fringe forwards probably aren't nrl standard yet.

I am glad we got Flash Gordon, he was at least trying to run some good lines even though he didn't get given the ball, and I like how we are using some more inside ball plays with him there.

Like others here I am happy with our forward pack, our spine should hopefully work with some more playing time together, but still don't feel comfortable with our backs, besides konnie they all seem brittle and weak compared to the other nrl teams.

We need to find somewhere we can utilise Karl Lawton, I don't know if he has played any other positions other than hooker, but he has to be in our team with his enthusiasm.