Thread: Nintendo Switch

Default Nintendo Switch

Mario got released last week to rave reviews and sales. I've still yet to play it though but bought it on release.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

A year on and the Nintendo Switch is going strong, smashing records. I'm getting heaps of game time due to its portable nature.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Can't get enough of Splatoon 2. Also picked up Attack on Titan 2, love the anime and comics. So this should be great.

Been playing Mega Man Legacy collection 1 and 2. Which has Mega Man games 1-10. Which was always one of my favourite series as a kid. I owned many and rented many. Notoriously difficult. But I just love the character design, the range of enemies and how you can acquire their powers. Already finished Mega Man 1 and half way in Mega Man 2.

I was lucky enough to get a Nintendo Switch Lite. Boy they are lightweight. Now I have two. Currently playing some retro games using the Nintendo Online service including SNES titles Breath of Fire and Yoshis Island.

Currently playing South Park Stick of Truth and Let's Go Pikachu.

Just finished Mario Sunshine off the 3D All Stars cart. Now started Zelda Skyward Sword HD which came out last Friday.

Thought I might add to this thread as I picked up a Lite about a year ago during a sale.

I'm not a big fan of modern Nintendo games but probably similar to yourself Diehard, it was perfect size for throwing in a travel bag and killing some time. I've really enjoyed Streets of Rage 4, Flashback, Ori, Immortals, Skyrim, Diablo 3 and Torchlight 2. The only real downside is the cost of the games in Australia.

Really looking forward to the Steam Deck when it is available too.

Yea the cost of games in Oz is expensive. Fortunately Nintendo got rid of region lock in this generation. And games are a bit cheaper in HK for me. But even in Oz, I think between JB and BigW you can score some deals.

Vooks.net does great bargain round ups. Bless them.

Currently enjoying revisiting Skyward Sword HD. I know a lot of people complain about the motion controls, which have been further improved. But to me it does add to the fun and I feel like I actually accomplished something. I'm currently on break from the game for overdoing it in a boss battle. Resting my shoulder. Lol.

Nintendo Australia have some great new merch on their website.

https://store.nintendo.com.au/au/merchandise

I picked up some Marion and Luigi mug covers and a Bob-omb tissue holder. Thinking ahead for Christmas.

My nephews are massive Nintendo fans. And all with minimal influence from me. Although I did by my brother that SNES mini that got them hooked.

I really value playing Mario Kart with them on the internet yesterday. Times like this when we are apart it means a lot to keep the connects and memories coming.

I'm about to get into Luigi's Mansion 3. Because it's October and it's time for Halloween.

Beyond that there are some great games floating around or about to be released. These are the ones on my radar right now.

Dragon Ball Kakarot - Out Now -LINK
    Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl - 5 October 2021 - LINK
    Metroid Dread - 8 October 2021 - LINK
    Star Wars Old Republic [Remaster/Release] - 11 November 2021 - LINK
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 02-10-21 at 01:17 PM.

Just started playing Untitled Goose Game. By an Aussie studio. It now has a two player mode which makes it even more fun.

Picked up Witcher 3 a month or so ago and I'm having more 'fun' on the Switch than I did with pc or Xbox.
    There really is something to be said for handheld gaming.