Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Default The Former Titans Thread

We had this thread before the site went down and in light of a former Titan making the news today I thought I would restart it.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/n...fd061f91bb3894

Former Gold Coast Titans and Broncos star Steve Michaels charged over NRL cocaine scandal
    Alexandria Utting, Gold Coast Bulletin
    November 3, 2017 8:29am
    Subscriber only
    FORMER Titan Steve Michaels has been arrested and charged over the same cocaine scandal that embroiled some of NRL’s biggest stars.

The Gold Coast Bulletin can exclusively reveal that Michaels, who has been playing for English rugby league Hull FC for the past two years, was last night arrested by Australian Border Force officers when he touched down at Brisbane International Airport from London.

Michaels, 30, has been playing for the English Super League since 2015 despite being wanted on an arrest warrant by the Crime and Corruption Commission in relation to their investigation into drug trafficking.

The former Broncos backline star was last night charged with possession and supply of cocaine as part of the same scandal that embroiled then teammates Dave Taylor and Jamie Dowling and code-hopping star Karmichael Hunt.

Police are expected to allege Michaels supplied cocaine to current and former players in 2014, during his time with the Titans.

Michaels’ Gold Coast defence lawyer Campbell MacCallum, of Moloney MacCallum Lawyers, said the 30-year-old had been granted bail following his arrest last night.

Mr MacCallum said Michaels would be contesting the charges.

Michaels defence lawyer Campbell MacCallum says his client will fight the charges.
    “As per the success we had with a number of my other clients in the same scandal, with the same set of circumstances, I am confident we can continue the same strategy and have a successful outcome for the client,” he said.

In November 2016, former Gold Coast Titans Dave Taylor was fined $1000 for his role in the drugs scandal.

The ex-Queensland State of Origin star was charged with supplying cocaine alongside Joe Vickery and Jamie Dowling in the 2014 scandal that rocked the NRL.

Taylor’s charges were later downgraded to two charges of possessing cocaine, while he was with the Titans in late 2014.

He was sentenced in the Southport District Court and had no conviction recorded.

In September last year, Vickery was sentenced to 120 hours of community service and slapped with a $1000 fine after being charged with six counts of cocaine possession.

Dowling was ordered to serve two years’ probation after pleading guilty to seven counts of possession of a dangerous drug.

He also received a sentence of 200 hours community service and a $500 fine for being the middle man, facilitating the supply of a drug to a friend.
    More to come.

Would love to see a list of all the scandals we have been involved since inception. Centre of Excellence, Cocaine Scandal, Cap Rorting, Greg Bird dramas x infinitum, Prince's house, DCE, Hayne etc etc etc. It would be a long list of sad stories. It would be nice to go through a year without anything big happening. I think we were all positive and looking forward to a good year this year but in the end it turned into another poor performing scandalus year.
    Psmitty

If that ever happened, ozy. Other RL fans would forget we exist apart from when we lob on their turf.

Gotta have faith in the "Any publicity is good publicity" theory. It's about all we got to grasp on to.

IF we had patiently built a team from a development squad rather than big-noting with ‘hail mary’ signings we would be (a) financially sound, (2) community connected, and (3) competitive. Is it too late to go down that path?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    IF we had patiently built a team from a development squad rather than big-noting with ‘hail mary’ signings we would be (a) financially sound, (2) community connected, and (3) competitive. Is it too late to go down that path?
    I say it’s not too late. All we need to do is stick with the local juniors, get more school involvement and lockdown our awesome schools such as PBC, Keebra Park and Coombabah.

Damn I was hoping for some good news.

But hey, lots of former Titans playing in the World Cup...
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

All the best David

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Dave Taylor has signed with the CQ Capras for this year. Man he looks like he has stacked on the weight too. He will be the largest half back in the Instruct Cup.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

I can't believe he refused to be coached by the geniuses at Ipswich ... lololol. He's just gone home to mummy instead.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Dave Taylor has signed with the CQ Capras for this year. Man he looks like he has stacked on the weight too. He will be the largest half back in the Instruct Cup.
    R the CQ Capras still a feeder team for us?

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    R the CQ Capras still a feeder team for us?
    Nope, Panthers snuck in.

Taylor just never ceases to shock me. That crap with Toronto was ridiculous. And I am very angry that tomfoolery and unprofessionalism jeopardise the progress of a new, expansion club gunning for Super League. I was shocked to see his fitness levels.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Taylor just never ceases to shock me. That crap with Toronto was ridiculous. And I am very angry that tomfoolery and unprofessionalism jeopardise the progress of a new, expansion club gunning for Super League. I was shocked to see his fitness levels.
    LOL. You were going well Diehard until you said Taylor's fitness levels shocked you. Surely not surprising.
    I'm really pleased that Toronto booted him, Moi Moi, and that other bloke straight away. They seem to be serious in their efforts to crack Super League and they needed to enforce the no d1ickhead policy from day 1. Mind you I'd question what due diligence they did to sign up Taylor in the first place. Taylor is happy at a feeder club because that's all he does - well that and the Colombian marching powder.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I'm really pleased that Toronto booted him, Moi Moi, and that other bloke straight away. They seem to be serious in their efforts to crack Super League and they needed to enforce the no d1ickhead policy from day 1. Mind you I'd question what due diligence they did to sign up Taylor in the first place.
    Very true, that's building club culture. Hope to see some long term gain.