Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Being reported tonight that Ryan James has agreed to terms with the Broncos on a 2 year deal. Just waiting for a release from the Raiders.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

He has deteriorated from club legend to sympathetic indulgence to desperate turn coat.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    He has deteriorated from club legend to sympathetic indulgence to desperate turn coat.
    Unfortunately this is true.

Former Titans coach joins Knights
    The Knights have a new member of staff.

SCOTT PRYDE
    EDITOR
    SEPTEMBER 23, 2021
    GOLD COAST, AUSTRALIA - MARCH 02: Titans coach Garth Brennan during the NRL Trial match between the Brisbane Broncos and the Gold Coast Titans at Cbus Super Stadium on March 02, 2019 in Gold Coast, Australia. (Photo by Chris Hyde/Getty Images)
    The Newcastle Knights have confirmed former Gold Coast Titans coach Garth Brennan will join the club.

The 49-year-old was head coach of the Titans for the 2018 season, as well as the first half of the 2019 season before being terminated by the club with just four wins on the board.

It was a miserable tenure for Brennan at the club, where he won just 12 out of 40 total games.

He will join the Knights as the head of junior pathways, and his past working with young talent will provide valuable to a Knights organisation desperately searching for the missing link.

He has coached at Jersey Flegg and Harold Matthews Level, before taking the Knights' under-20s team to the finals in 2011.

Brennan brings bid advantages to the Knights system, the place where he started his coaching career.

His role will encompass everything from grassroots right through to the NRL and NRLW teams, and Knights' CEO Phillip Gardner said it was a crucial milestone for the club.

“Garth has a proven record in the junior development space, having played a key role in the careers of some of the best players in our game,” Gardner said.

“Garth will be a tremendous asset for the Club moving forward and we can’t wait to have him join the team.”

O'Brien will join a team including Danny Buderus and Alex McKinnon and said he was looking forward to the challenge.

“I can’t wait to get involved and I’m really looking forward to the challenge this role presents,” Brennan said.

“The Club at the moment is filled with quality people, including Adam O’Brien, Danny Buderus, Alex McKinnon and Head of Performance Hayden Knowles. The chance to work alongside them, as well as the Wests Group, is one I just couldn’t refuse.

“For my entire career I’ve been really passionate about strengthening junior development and pathways programs, which has been some of the most enjoyable and rewarding work of my life so far."

Inactive User

^^^^ it’s the one thing that he does do very well

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    ^^^^ it’s the one thing that he does do very well
    As long as we don't sign anyone he thinks is NRL quality

Junior

Jai Arrow into the gf 12 months after leaving us

Inactive User

^^^^ yeah it’s a bitter thing. His manner of leaving is to me unforgivable.

I must admit he playing like a beast for the Rabbitohs

$20k a week. Yowsers, what a waste. Happy to be posting this in this thread.

Speaks volumes that he and Peachey have struggled to get a deal anywhere in the NRL after clubs did their genuine due diligence on them both

I thought Peachey wouldn't have had an issue finding a new deal but hopefully clubs are starting to look at player performances from the start of their contract and not their efforts when their contract is up.

Possibly he's holding out for the $ that won't come.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post

$20k a week. Yowsers, what a waste. Happy to be posting this in this thread.
    That is about what he is worth. The 20 metre forward pass over the sideline he threw in one of his last games for us shows his level as a play-maker.

Max King to join the Bulldogs for next season

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Birdman View Post
    That is about what he is worth. The 20 metre forward pass over the sideline he threw in one of his last games for us shows his level as a play-maker.
    If he gets a go at the Warriors it will only be through injury. I'd be surprised if his bottom lip allowed him to train well enough to warrant a contract

Peachey a Tiger. Glad he found somewhere.