Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Inactive User

He’s been quite a bust unfortunately for us and he’s now set for life or at least should be

He must be a difficult bloke to deal with ... at the very least you'd think with a family on the Coast he would opt for a reduced offer and play QCup in the hope of an up-grade. Holbrook has given him way too many chances. If he's not fielding interest from SL then he's really on the nose.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Rogers wearing Cronulla colors at CBus was just disgraceful.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

How does everyone feel about Ryan James likely going to the Broncos?

Quote Originally Posted by Dobes View Post
    Not a great feel TBH. Didn’t want him to go in the first place.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Things have changed. Now the Broncos are taking our cast offs.
    He did nothing at Canberra so he will fit in at the Broncos.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Things have changed. Now the Broncos are taking our cast offs.
    He did nothing at Canberra so he will fit in at the Broncos.
    Yep.

Our decision to let him go was the right one. He can do what he pleases now, I couldn't really care less where that is

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Yep.

Our decision to let him go was the right one. He can do what he pleases now, I couldn't really care less where that is
    After I posted above I re read it and thought it was a bit harsh. Then I saw you had replied and I expected a reality check!!

I thought that James was going to be top notch but I feel he went downhill quite quickly. I thought he was a lousy captain as he was far too relaxed with the refs. Really nice bloke and I was proud of him the way he handled that Grand Final welcome to country stuff up, but as a player, turned in to a major let down for me.

I feel weird seeing mead play for them and even Albert Kelly who I always rated. I wish Ryan all the best and hope he goes well wherever he plays.
    The recruitment got it right even though I was sad to see him go. Hopefully we have bought the same with a leader in Isaac Liu. The difference is that Lui has been at a very successful club with a winning culture. Unlike Tamou for the tigers he not over the hill yet, plus he’s not on heaps of money. Even if Lui doesn’t make the side I feel he’s got a lot to add for our pack.

Apparently the Broncos are also interested in Peachey.
    Psmitty

Inactive User

Once you are a Drongoe you are dead in my heart

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Once you are a Drongoe you are dead in my heart
    Yep never forget their grubbiness in 2016 finals reff let Jimmy the jet kick one of our blokes in the face

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    Yep never forget their grubbiness in 2016 finals reff let Jimmy the jet kick one of our blokes in the face
    He got suspended after that kick and missed the Broncos final the next week - they lost that game against the Cows and that ended their season.

ASH TAYLOR FACING ‘REMARKABLE’ REALITY

While Pearce’s future may be up in the air, Read said it is not the case for Titans halfback Ash Taylor.

Taylor is off-contract at the end of the year and had plenty of chances this season to prove he deserved another deal.

He was unable to do so with Read declaring it is official that Taylor is on the lookout for a new club.

“That is official now that Ash Taylor will not be offered a new deal at the Gold Coast,” he said on Triple M.

“He had not played in the past month or so and the indications were he wouldn’t get an offer out of him. That is now official. It won’t be happening.”

The Titans released a statement on Tuesday confirming that Taylor was among their departing players.

While the Bulldogs, Tigers and Raiders are three teams who could be searching for a new halfback next season Read believes there is every chance Taylor fails to get a gig.

“We wait to see if Ash Taylor lands a club somewhere and there is every chance he won’t get a job in the NRL which is remarkable when you consider he has been a million-dollar player for the last three years,” he added.

“It’s one to watch over the off-season.”

- - - Updated - - -

OFF-CONTRACT TITAN LINKED TO BRONCOS

Like Taylor, Tyrone Peachey is another Titan whose future uncertain after the team was knocked out of the finals by the Roosters.

Peachey had featured in the halves recently for the Gold Coast but has played at least five different positions over the last three years including centre and lock.

It would make him a valuable asset for any team and WWOS reports Peachey has been offered up to the Broncos.

With Brisbane set to lose Asiata, Peachey would be a strong ball-playing option to bring in and bolster depth.

He could also fill in the halves as an experienced option should injuries strike.

Peachey spoke to WWOS earlier in June and admitted his time at the Gold Coast was likely over.

“I’d love to stay here, I see the place growing … they (Titans front office) weren’t too convincing at keeping me here, so I am just trying to do my best and try and get a deal somewhere,” he said at the time.

The Titans’ statement on Tuesday confirmed that Peachey would depart the club.