Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast

Good to see him playing footy again. Even if it's with Canberra. Playing strong as well.

Ryan scores. Link here for video clip https://twitter.com/FOXNRL/status/1370980967561662464
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Inactive User

I hate it so much

Hate seeing him do that in green but the way he's gone about it can't hate him got nothing but respect

Canberra Raiders recruit Ryan James scores a try in his first NRL match since returning from back-to-back ACL injuries
    https://www.abc.net.au/

Canberra Raiders forward Ryan James fends off Wests Tigers' Luciano Leilua in their NRL clash.

You do not have to be a Raiders fan to feel joy for recruit Ryan James, who charged his way over the try line in his first NRL match in 693 days.

Key points:
    Ryan James's last NRL match was in round six, 2019
    James was previously the longest serving Titans player, with 144 games across 10 years
    The 29-year-old is contracted with the Raiders until the end of the 2022 season

It was an emotional moment for the forward, who considered retirement last year following back-to-back ACL injuries while captaining the Gold Coast Titans.

Raiders coach Ricky Stuart praised James's courage and determination, which helped Canberra claim a 30-12 round one victory over the West Tigers.

"I was just really happy for him that he got through what would have been a pretty nervous day for him, because he's been a player that's had some bad luck with a couple of knee reconstructions," Stuart said.

"It was nice for Ryan James from an individual point of view that he got through an NRL game with his new club."

The 29-year-old arrived in Canberra ahead of the 2021 pre-season following a 10-year career at the Titans starring in 144 matches.

Unfortunately for James, the final two years of his Titans contract were spent in rehab after suffering his first ACL injury in the early rounds of 2019, before a second at training which saw him miss the entire 2020 season.

Eager to put his best foot at the Raiders, James moved his family earlier than anticipated to ensure he was in good stead by the time the 2021 season rolled around.

"He's worked extremely hard all off-season. He's just a real professional," Stuart said.

"What I admire about Ryan was that him, Anna and the kids, they came to Canberra earlier than he needed to, to get him ready for his season.

"He started training with our under 20s. You visualise and imagine the buzz that our under-20s had with a guy such as his stature in the game — 10 seasons he's played as an NRL player — and he's in the gym training with the under-20s, 19s and 18-year-olds."

Stuart said he had not planned to name the forward in his starting line-up for the round one clash, but he could not look past his work ethic to be ready for a return.

"I don't know when he was expecting to play NRL but he's worked his way right through the pre-season into a position to start in the 17 this week," he said.

The Canberra Raiders hit the road in round two to face the Cronulla Sharks.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Its going to hurt in round 4 thats for sure But all the best to him but wish he was still our captain to be honest

The Club invested how much in that try? Hated to witness it but pleased for the bloke.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

EAD JHayne

Rep Player

So the Hayne Plane is going to prison... how about that eh

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    So the Hayne Plane is going to prison... how about that eh
    In my opinion he should have been done for the fraud he did on the club here. Wander what Neil Henry thinks considering he was largely responsible for his axing. Karma is a wonderful thing.

Rep Player

Henry was done dirty for sure. He was working miracles with our roster in 2016.

What happened to your avatar MT?

Henry was done dirty for sure. He was working miracles with our roster in 2016.

What happened to your avatar MT?
    I changed email address today and had to get a verification before I could post again. My avatar must have disappeared in that process. The way Manly are going do you think I should get it put it back? I remember years ago, one of the Mods did the avatars for dinosaurs like me as I have no idea. Maybe it's time I let the Manly bit slide.........like hell he said.
    DH - can you restore my avatar? Please.

EDIT - while replying it has reappeared. A true miracle...and the only success Manly have had this season.

In reply to your post, I agree that Henry was crucified by player (one) power. I wouldn't swap our current coach for anyone but I hate it when thoroughly decent people get shafted by grubs.

Hayne, dodged a billet in the US gets done here but the writing was on the wall with the way he fingered our club ... wish he didn’t still command headlines (and conscious that I’m adding to it).
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I changed email address today and had to get a verification before I could post again. My avatar must have disappeared in that process. The way Manly are going do you think I should get it put it back? I remember years ago, one of the Mods did the avatars for dinosaurs like me as I have no idea. Maybe it's time I let the Manly bit slide.........like hell he said.
    DH - can you restore my avatar? Please.
    Glad it worked out. Happy to help with avatars. Same goes for everyone. Avatars add some personality to the forum. People can tell me. Or you can email it to diehardtitan @ gmail. com

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    In reply to your post, I agree that Henry was crucified by player (one) power.
    Henry was done dirty for sure. He was working miracles with our roster in 2016
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_G...eason#Fixtures

I agree, he was hard done by especially on the pointy end of the Hayne divide. Hayne was seemingly parachuted in. It really was an unpleasant situation.

I wonder what Henry is doing now. There aren't that many quality NRL coaches. I know he is doing media work. I used to complain that FOX used to put him on our games so soon after our parting.

Maybe he is over NRL coaching and I wouldn't blame him.