We had this thread before the site went down and in light of a former Titan making the news today I thought I would restart it.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/n...fd061f91bb3894

Former Gold Coast Titans and Broncos star Steve Michaels charged over NRL cocaine scandal
Alexandria Utting, Gold Coast Bulletin
November 3, 2017 8:29am
Subscriber only
FORMER Titan Steve Michaels has been arrested and charged over the same cocaine scandal that embroiled some of NRL’s biggest stars.

The Gold Coast Bulletin can exclusively reveal that Michaels, who has been playing for English rugby league Hull FC for the past two years, was last night arrested by Australian Border Force officers when he touched down at Brisbane International Airport from London.

Michaels, 30, has been playing for the English Super League since 2015 despite being wanted on an arrest warrant by the Crime and Corruption Commission in relation to their investigation into drug trafficking.

The former Broncos backline star was last night charged with possession and supply of cocaine as part of the same scandal that embroiled then teammates Dave Taylor and Jamie Dowling and code-hopping star Karmichael Hunt.

Police are expected to allege Michaels supplied cocaine to current and former players in 2014, during his time with the Titans.

Michaels’ Gold Coast defence lawyer Campbell MacCallum, of Moloney MacCallum Lawyers, said the 30-year-old had been granted bail following his arrest last night.

Mr MacCallum said Michaels would be contesting the charges.

Michaels defence lawyer Campbell MacCallum says his client will fight the charges.
“As per the success we had with a number of my other clients in the same scandal, with the same set of circumstances, I am confident we can continue the same strategy and have a successful outcome for the client,” he said.

In November 2016, former Gold Coast Titans Dave Taylor was fined $1000 for his role in the drugs scandal.

The ex-Queensland State of Origin star was charged with supplying cocaine alongside Joe Vickery and Jamie Dowling in the 2014 scandal that rocked the NRL.

Taylor’s charges were later downgraded to two charges of possessing cocaine, while he was with the Titans in late 2014.

He was sentenced in the Southport District Court and had no conviction recorded.

In September last year, Vickery was sentenced to 120 hours of community service and slapped with a $1000 fine after being charged with six counts of cocaine possession.

Dowling was ordered to serve two years’ probation after pleading guilty to seven counts of possession of a dangerous drug.

He also received a sentence of 200 hours community service and a $500 fine for being the middle man, facilitating the supply of a drug to a friend.
More to come.