Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 ... LastLast

I'm amazed that Manly took Lawnton over Peats or that no one else has picked him up.

Inactive User

Parramatta fans tonight are going nuts over Bruce Cartwright’s first performance for them tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Parramatta fans tonight are going nuts over Bruce Cartwright’s first performance for them tonight.
    In a good or bad way mate? Didn't see the game.

Very bad

Inactive User

They hate him after one game

Watching him play was like an instant replay of his time with us ... missed tackles, ridiculous short kicks and off-loads to anyone else other than his team mates ... at one stage the commentator said "he's over enthusiastic" and then totally shut-up ... lol. I think he needs an injection of reality ... oh yeah, forgot ... lol.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Rep Player

RIP Hayne Stain

Jail for up to 5 years 9 months.

Inactive User

EAD Hayne......literally

My skills with images is crap so sorry about that.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Titanic; 06-05-21 at 06:15 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

^^^^^^^^

Looks like Cartwright finally got his vaccine for being useless.

Walker by name, trekker by nature: A 66-day journey for great cause
    https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/05/06/...or-good-cause/

Donate: https://www.fundmychallenge.com/challenges/

For over decade Chris Walker dazzled us with his blistering speed and larrikin nature, and a further decade later we're happy to report not much has changed.

A 33-year friendship that started at a young age is providing all the motivation Walker needs to get back on his feet and trek a brutal 1,757 kilometres in 65 days for great mate Carl Webb and others in mind.

The rugby league world was rocked last year with news Walker's former teammate Webb was in for the fight of his life after being diagnosed with motor neurone disease at the age of 38.

The former Cowboys, Broncos and Eels forward started and finished his NRL career around the same time as Walker, playing 187 games at the top level.

Combined with the aftermath of a once-in-a-lifetime pandemic that has had an impact on many individuals and families across Australia, Walker knew the time was right to step away from his everyday life to help those in need.

He spent several weeks plotting a way to reach as many people as possible over a two-month period by mixing his passion for rugby league and raising funds for four key charities.

It led to the idea of walking from the top end of the Queensland coast to the bottom with a couple of mates joining him along the way.

"We've got three four-wheel drives behind us while we walk, one is carrying a caravan, the other one food and everything else we need," Walker told NRL.com.

"We pull up every 10 kilometres, have some food and rehydrate, then get going again.

"I'm about to go through my first pair of shoes but luckily have got Rebel Sport on board so we'll have a signing session in Townsville this weekend and hopefully get some more.

"There was a lot of planning that goes into the walk with the logistical side of things but we're underway now and absolutely loving it."

Walker started his journey in Cairns on April 26 and is closing in on Townsville's Queensland Country Bank Stadium for the Cowboys' clash with Brisbane on Saturday to walk into the packed venue alongside Webb.

Former Maroons bookend Nate Myles is also on board, partnering with Walker for the first leg of the journey before Walker begins to move towards Burdekin and then Mackay.

Walker is accepting donations through the charity fundraising platform 'Fund My Challenge' with the beneficiaries including Beyond Blue, RizeUp Australia, and the Alcohol and Drug Foundation.

He plans to finish at Surfers Paradise beach on June 30, but not before visiting a further eight destinations including Suncorp Stadium for Origin II, where he hopes to have Webb by his side again.

"Raising money for Charlie Webb was the real inspiration behind the walk but his charity wasn't registered in time so we've mixed things up a bit," Walker said.

"We've suffered a lot through COVID-19 so it's based on supporting some of these charities that have experienced an increase of people leaning on these services.

"It's the least we can do, and to be able to raise some awareness for the big fella while we're doing it.

"I've known him for over 33 years, played a lot of footy against him and with him, he's an absolute legend.

"I speak to him all the time and he's very appreciative of what we're doing."
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 08-05-21 at 11:33 AM.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Challenge

Overview
    LAUNCH EVENT
    Sportsmen Lunch in Cairns / Friday 23rd April

KICK OFF
    Walk to start from Cairns Esplanade / Monday 26th April

KEY TOWNS FOR EVENTS AND FUNCTIONS ON ROUTE
    Innisfail, Tully, Cardwell, Townsville, Burdekin, Mackay, Kawana, Rockhampton, Gladstone, Miriam Vale, Noosa, Mooloolaba, Caloundra, Brisbane, Gold Coast

WALK INTO STATE OF ORIGIN GAME 2
    Suncorp Stadium / Sunday 27th June PM

WALK FINISHES
    Walk ends at Surfers Paradise Beach / Wednesday 30th June
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

QLD Cup

This may be an unpopular comment but I’m enjoying watching Cartwright play some good footy again. It’s a shame that he couldn’t do that here but it’s still good to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    This may be an unpopular comment but I’m enjoying watching Cartwright play some good footy again. It’s a shame that he couldn’t do that here but it’s still good to watch.
    I agree, it appears what was a distraction has now gone. As you say though, shame he couldn't do it for us ever.