Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

That try he score against the Broncos in 2013 with the chip and chase over the fullback is one of my favourite titans tries ever

Junior

Tyrone Roberts Davis on a train and trial with the knights

Michael Henderson turning out for the Mighty Magpies. (Horrie Hastings played his final years there as well)
    https://www.southcoastregister.com.a...fCVan4HprM9G-k

Immortal

Will play in the Knights 9's squad

Quote Originally Posted by SCoast Titan View Post
    Tyrone Roberts Davis on a train and trial with the knights

WARHORSE STILL GOING

ONE of the NRL’s toughest ever players has made a comeback.

Record holder Luke Douglas has had a short-lived retirement after opting to captain-coach Ballina in the northern NSW competition this year.

Douglas, 33, played a record 215 consecutive games in a 263-game NRL career for Cronulla and Gold Coast.

He managed this feat despite playing in the gruelling front row, regularly showing an incredible ability to overcome injuries in quick time.

Douglas spent the past three years in the Super League before deciding to retire at the end of 2019.

A product of Yamba in northern NSW, Douglas has moved back to the Gold Coast but will keep playing at grassroots level.

https://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nr
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    WARHORSE STILL GOING

ONE of the NRL’s toughest ever players has made a comeback.

Record holder Luke Douglas has had a short-lived retirement after opting to captain-coach Ballina in the northern NSW competition this year.

Douglas, 33, played a record 215 consecutive games in a 263-game NRL career for Cronulla and Gold Coast.

He managed this feat despite playing in the gruelling front row, regularly showing an incredible ability to overcome injuries in quick time.

Douglas spent the past three years in the Super League before deciding to retire at the end of 2019.

A product of Yamba in northern NSW, Douglas has moved back to the Gold Coast but will keep playing at grassroots level.

https://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nr
    Good on him

First Grader

Knights trialist Tyrone Roberts-Davis has a carpentry apprenticeship to fall back on if he fails to re-ignite his professional league career.

But he's not ready to go back to work for a living just yet.
    ADVERTISING

Ads by Teads

The 22-year-old former Gold Coast Titans outside back is currently trialing for a contract with the Knights, having made the trip down the coast from Burleigh Heads to Newcastle for the start of pre-season training back in November with no guarantees.

It was a career gamble he was willing to take after he played seven NRL games for the Titans in 2017-18 before finding himself back playing for Burleigh Bears in the Queensland Cup last season.

Tyrone Roberts-Davis
    Tyrone Roberts-Davis

"It's a big gamble basically starting from scratch again," he said. "You don't know what the outcome is going to be but if you love footy, that's what you've got to do. You have to take risks."

With one of the three remaining spots left to fill in the club's 30-man roster likely to go to an outside back, Roberts-Davis will use the NRL Nines in Perth and the trials to make his case. He believes he is doing all the right things in training to earn a deal.

"I've felt like I've been going pretty good," he said. "I've just been focusing on trying to put my best foot forward and basically show what I can do and hopefully I can do that in the trials coming up."

Whatever happens, he won't be leaving Newcastle. He'll play NSW Cup and get back on the tools.

While you're with us, did you know the Newcastle Herald offers breaking news alerts, daily email newsletters and more? Keep up to date with all the local news - sign up here

Konrad Hurrell part of Tonga search for new directors
    https://www.loverugbyleague.com/

Konrad Hurrell will be part of an implementation committee to help search for new directors of Tonga.

Following Tonga Rugby League’s expulsion from the International Rugby League, an implementation committee has been formed to help with the preparation of an application for Tongan membership of the IRL.

The new four-strong committee includes two independent members from Tonga. Ikani Taliai provides an understanding of the local clubs and sporting landscape, whilst Suliana Mone is a constitutional lawyer. Hurrell will represent the national playing group and Gareth Holmes will be an Asia-Pacific Rugby League representative.

IRL global operations manager, Danny Kazandjian, said: “Over the past six months, IRL has sought the opinions and views of the various constituencies that make up the Tongan rugby league community, through surveys, face-to-face and phone interviews and a consultation phase.

“The response shaped a consensus for the next steps to stabilise Tongan rugby league. The suggestions IRL originally made to the previous governing body in December, were a result of those stakeholder interventions and intended to strengthen governance of the sport in the country.

“The bulk of Tongan clubs who participated in the consultation have now requested that IRL works closely with them to help them to immediately enact the recommendations.

“The first of those recommendations was the formation of the implementation committee, which is now coordinating efforts between the various parties.”

On behalf of the committee, Holmes said: “The implementation committee is now inviting candidates of unimpeachable integrity and the highest ethical standards to apply for the roles of independent chair and independent finance director.

“Once the roles are filled the new organisation will be in position to prepare and present its application for membership of IRL.”

Candidates should express their interest by emailing gholmes@aprl.com.au by Monday, April 13.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

NRL: Jordan Rankin set join Parramatta Eels
    By The Mole
    11 hours ago

TALENTED utility back Jordan Rankin is set to play out the rest of the season with Parramatta.
    At 28, Rankin - who was the third-youngest player to debut in the NRL in 2008 - will add depth and experience to the Eels.
    The former Gold Coast Titan and Wests Tiger can play just about anywhere in the backline and will be a handy addition to the Eels' ranks.

Rankin went to England with Huddersfield in 2017 but has spent the past 12 months with Castleford.

But with Super League still in limbo, he was granted a release to come home closer to his parents on compassionate grounds.
    "I'm disappointed to be cutting my time short here in the UK but my family comes first and that's always been first and foremost for me," Rankin said last month.
    "I want to thank both clubs for giving me the opportunity to play, to play in Super League and I've really enjoyed it – my time at Cas especially.
    Last edited by ozynorts; 19-06-20 at 05:34 AM.

Could use him right now.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

All the best to Rankin.

Former Seagull and Charger

Was at that game sitting with QLD bench and that stink was just about on top of us ... indelibly imprinted on my mind.
    Last edited by Titanic; 29-06-20 at 12:52 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Interesting to see how Jaxson Paulo goes tonight

The shining emergence of Campbell Graham, Corey Allan and Jaxson Paulo could see South Sydney offload James Roberts as the club look to balance their salary cap restrictions.

The former Origin star has been riddled with injuries and has struggled to find his name on Wayne Bennett’s team sheet, with Brent Read stating the 27-year-old could be on the outer at Redfern.

“The Rabbitohs have got a bucketload of outside backs, particularly if they keep Joseph Suaalii if they are able to convince him to stay,” Read said on Triple M.

“Something has got to give and the name I am hearing is that James Roberts is maybe a guy who heads back to open market.

“James has only got a year left on his deal and that is the name I am hearing.”

League great Mark Geyer added to Roberts’ situation with the Rabbitohs, stating injuries have opened up opportunities for others.

“That wouldn’t surprise me,” Geyer said.

“The guys who are in front at the moment in Corey Allan and Alex Johnston basically you are only as good as your last game and I can’t remember when James’ last game was.

“He seems to be very injury-prone.”

With the expected departure of Wayne Bennett, Read added that James could join the supercoach in leaving the Rabbitohs.

“Wayne Bennett has been a pretty staunch supporter of James,” Read said.

“I don’t know where Jason Demetriou sits on him. Obviously Jason will be in charge in 12 months time not Wayne.

“But they have got so many outside backs. The way Corey Allan is going and Campbell Graham and they have kept Alex Johnston so they have got a million outside backs and you can’t keep them all.”

****end****

What a crying shame.