Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sarginson

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by gcboyz View Post
    For any who witnessed the footage this was always going to be the result. This was a stitch up from the beginning. Quality player who showed he is above average defensively in the few games he managed before injury.
    We have to battle a vitriolic and biased band of journalists, a totally useless duo of broadcasters stacked with opinionated dribblers, and now our own supporters who take pleasure in turning on one of our own.
    Show some support and respect for your club and the players within.
    I agree re the footage but my and I think most others that posted here could not cop the statement of “I’m on half a million, I can do whatever I want”.

If that's what he said...... Sounds like the bouncers are full of ****.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    I agree re the footage but my and I think most others that posted here could not cop the statement of “I’m on half a million, I can do whatever I want”.
    I've spoken here before about people's willingness to accept whatever they read in the tabloids as gospel. Particularly I notice that people are willing to accept the worst news. Looking at the evolution of this thread is typical. Accept the initial article because it's negative and then when it's disproven there's a lot of squirming to justify the initial position. I'm with gcboyz on this one.
    Call me Mr Stupid but...

Happy to be called out happy to have a squirm happy to have a place to express my and listen to others opinions and prepared to state again that the English duo are hardly dynamic and a losing investment whether one is a drunken fool or not.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Happy to be called out happy to have a squirm happy to have a place to express my and listen to others opinions and prepared to state again that the English duo are hardly dynamic and a losing investment whether one is a drunken fool or not.
    Cool. I would say that it's probably not right to lump these guys together just because they're Poms, their seasons panned out quite differently and surely it's time to acknowledge our lad is proven to be not "a drunken fool". Keep in mind Titanic most of our politicians are English and you know what a great job they're doing.

PS...how do I get rid of this image where my 'photo' should be on the left? Any clues clever tech savvy people?
    Last edited by Mr Stupid; 02-11-17 at 02:49 PM.
    Call me Mr Stupid but...

One could argue that if they are English then they wouldn't be politicians anymore

Also for those into trivia, I am about to be released to 'home care' after contracting a staph infection at Pindara after some clean out surgery ... stuck in Oz with too much time for another two weeks
    Last edited by Titanic; 02-11-17 at 02:53 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    One could argue that if they are English then they wouldn't be politicians anymore

Also for those into trivia, I am about to be released to 'home care' after contracting a staph infection at Pindara after some clean out surgery ... stuck in Oz with too much time for another two weeks
    Wow scarey, and isn't that one of the better hospitals on the Coast. Hope you are feeling better soon Titanic.
    Call me Mr Stupid but...

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Stupid View Post
    I've spoken here before about people's willingness to accept whatever they read in the tabloids as gospel. Particularly I notice that people are willing to accept the worst news. Looking at the evolution of this thread is typical. Accept the initial article because it's negative and then when it's disproven there's a lot of squirming to justify the initial position. I'm with gcboyz on this one.
    The irony of you writing that post on this day of days involving Hayne isn’t lost on me. By the way I’m not squirming, quite the opposite, charges being dropped does not mean he didn’t say the “half a million” line. Should never have put himself in the position to be in the courts to begin with anyway.

Wishing you a speedy recovery Titanic.

I remember watching the footage when the story first came to light. He got his ass handed to him, much the same as many of us did in our youth and much the same as he does on the field. I thought then he should have laid charges against the bouncer or a civil suit against the club.

PS...how do I get rid of this image where my 'photo' should be on the left? Any clues clever tech savvy people?
    You are getting that message because photobucket is no longer allowing you to use image linking without paying them a ridiculous amount of money. You will need to upload a new image to this site or get your credit card out.

Even though I respect your opinions Mr Stupid and gcboyz. Especially the bit about the media are quick to take a dump on us. You can't deny their credibility of late, as they have had better grasp of what's going than what our own Club has had lately.

We see it yet again today when Annesley appears to be playing catch up with the latest crap regarding Jarryd.

And if there is any truth to the matter about Sarginson being on 500k. We might need to enact a no ******** policy like JB mentioned. First cab off the rank is the Goose who agreed on the figure of 500k. And secondly, Sarginson himself for making such a dumb**** comment in public.

Dunno, just none too happy about us making no headway with this ****e we're constantly embroiled in. Hopefully the new owners will sort it once and for all. It's a case of them having to (financially) because we won't survive at this rate.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    You are getting that message because photobucket is no longer allowing you to use image linking without paying them a ridiculous amount of money. You will need to upload a new image to this site or get your credit card out.
    Thanks oz
    Call me Mr Stupid but...

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    The irony of you writing that post on this day of days involving Hayne isn’t lost on me. By the way I’m not squirming, quite the opposite, charges being dropped does not mean he didn’t say the “half a million” line. Should never have put himself in the position to be in the courts to begin with anyway.
    "charges being dropped does not mean he didn’t say the “half a million” line." ...anymore than it means he did say it. There you go again determined to think the worst of our boys.
    Call me Mr Stupid but...

Inactive User

"charges being dropped does not mean he didn’t say the “half a million” line." ...anymore than it means he did say it. There you go again determined to think the worst of our boys.
    So you are saying all the security have gone to court and committed perjury. Ok. Say hi to your mate Hayne from me.

Once again I deplore anyone who puts themselves in a position where the Police intervene in their lives and it goes so far that they find themselves in Court. It’s not hard to stay out of drama if you are a remotely mature citizen.

This Sargonson mess with police involvement and court costs would have cost every one of us taxpayers a nice amount of money. Thumbs down to Sarginson even though the charges are dropped. Stay away from drama. It’s like dealing with 14 year olds. It’s ridiculous.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 03-11-17 at 03:41 PM.