Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Hayne

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Whether you like it or not, Bodsy. We're all entitled to our opinion..
    I agree with that And am a fan of JB, I just think NSW/QLD is not relevant to our club.
    Have a close look at my avatar and the name of the original GC RL Club

For what it's worth, Buzz was on the radio this afternoon talking to Dobbo the Dodo and said that he was 99.9% sure that a deal had already been done with Parra and it should be announced in the next day or so. He said that is was a one year contract only at this stage and he was going to be paid $600,000. He seemed pretty convincing stating that he had "people on the inside" at both The Eels and the Titans (which is alarming) and that the poor Titans really had no idea of what had been transpiring for the last month with Eels management and his agent about him returning.

He also said that the Titans fans, he would imagine, would be "dancing in the street" with this news and would now have a substantial amount of cap freed up to buy players who would be lured to the club to be coached by Garth, who he gave massive wraps on.

Interestingly though was a caller who stated that he lived a couple of houses down from Hayne and said that removalists came about a week and half ago and moved everything out of the house, which was now empty.

Only time will tell but for me, if it's true, will make my whole weekend. NO year!! I wonder how Henry is feeling right about now.

Inactive User

^^^ I’ll be dancing in the street IF AND ONLY IF it frees up exactly $1.2million into our 2018 salary cap. Any other result and Out comes the Molotov Cocktails

Junior

Just another note on the Cooper Cronk comparison. Cooper wasn't contracted next year, he had an option in his favour as did Hayne.
    Now the difference is Cooper chose not to take up the option, for personal reasons which he conveyed, made a decision and moved on. Like was mentioned the Roosters contract etc all came well after he chose not to take up his option.
    Jarryd on the other hand, chose to let the expiry of his option lapse only to take it after there was nothing else on offer. And if we are to believe the "journalists" and a deal has been being negotiated for the last month, and he is continuing to deny it well then I just can't see anyway there is any form of comparison.
    I'd also agree with Bodsy and Titanic's take on things that if he is requesting the release then we have no obligations to contribute to any shortfall in his salary.
    It's been a wild ride on the Hayne Plane.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    ^^^ I’ll be dancing in the street IF AND ONLY IF it frees up exactly $1.2million into our 2018 salary cap. Any other result and Out comes the Molotov Cocktails
    Don't get me wrong Bodsy, I would be delighted if we don't have to pay the grub anything. Our difference is that I'd happily let the club pay something to cut this grub loose now. If they don't have to well that's a great outcome.
    I'm glad the Titans didn't know that negotiations may have been going on behind their backs if what Slothfield says is true. No "poor" Titans at all, it's great that we didn't have to be part of a dragged out process.
    I expect Annesley and Brennan are putting on great charades about saying that they expect Hayne to be here next year when in fact they are probably both off their faces partying right now. No need for them to buy lotto tickets as Division One wouldn't be as good as getting rid of this bloke.
    One point that's been lost - what a selfish pr1ck that has allowed this to go on while his Fiji team is trying to concentrate on winning a footy match. But we all knew that about him.
    Last edited by Mexican titan; 03-11-17 at 10:46 PM.

True on the option front for Cooper - apologies for the strong opinion that i t was a contracted season. I thought i doubgle checked but mis read, thanks for correcting and that does make a fair difference.

At the end of day - lets hope Hayne IS going. I definitely like the idea of his house already cleared out.

Titans worst signing.

Goodbye Hayne
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    ^^^ JB do you not want any of the kids down in the Tweed or the hundreds of thousands that live in the Northern Rivers/Tweed to go for the Titans or want to play for us????

There would be stacks of people from the Tweed and Northern Rivers that read the Forum.

I find comments like that to be unhelpful in building our club.
    Jesus Bods, we tear down our club every time we play a sub par game. We tear down our club every time something doesn't go perfectly. Me calling Hayne a NSWelshman isn't going to make one iota of difference to kids wanting to play for the Titans.

But to put it into perspective from this side of the border, he was probably only second to Gallen on a QLDer's most hated list.

Let us all just unite in the one piece of good news the back of Hayne and the end of his "brand".

I really missed this passion when the forum was down....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nols of the Goldy View Post
    Interestingly though was a caller who stated that he lived a couple of houses down from Hayne and said that removalists came about a week and half ago and moved everything out of the house, which was now empty.
    Perhaps Brennan and Annersley should go around to his house and peek in the windows so that they can get the true story on Hayne's intentions......
    Last edited by ozynorts; 04-11-17 at 09:07 AM.

Inactive User

Badel reporting today that we will be playing hardball and not entertaining being a part of paying any severance package to Fatso The Ego..........YES!!! That’s what I’m talking About Brennan and Annesley.

Ozy’s right. Just give me the address and I’ll do it ffs. How about some bloke quoted in the Bulley “I’ll even drive him to the airport” = mint
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Titans fans loud and clear
    http://www.gcbulletin.com.au

ONE suggested that he’d drive Jarryd Hayne to the airport himself.

Another offered a donation for him to leave.

Overwhelmingly, the sentiment from those watching the Hayne saga is that they just want it to end.

Hayne’s signing by the Titans last year was a coup.

Love him or loathe him, Hayne brought an X-factor to the Gold Coast club that had been missing since 2010 when they went within a game of the grand final.

But the promotional masterstroke soon turned into a nightmare for the Titans, with Hayne more likely to win a Logie for best drama than another Dally M.

There’s no doubt Hayne is a talented footballer.

He is still capable of moments of sublime skill and flair that can turn a game that few in rugby league are capable of.

He remains an outstanding athlete and dogged competitor. But revelations that he wants out of the Titans have come almost as a relief to some fans, who have tired of his lacklustre efforts since joining the Gold Coast.

Head into the stands. It’s Konrad Hurrell, Ash Taylor and Anthony Don the fans are barracking for.

A million-dollar price tag comes with million-dollar expectations and fairly or not, Hayne has not met them.

The drawn-out saga of his own contract in May and his part in Neil Henry’s axing already had him on the nose with fans who are not as cautious of his feelings as the club bosses that still want the best from their investment. Hayne has never really bought into the Gold Coast as a city, or the Titans. If he leaves to be closer to his daughter, no one will begrudge him that. But they won’t miss him either.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Hayne in coach’s plans
    http://www.gcbulletin.com.au

NEW Titans coach Garth Brennan has vowed to fight to keep Jarryd Hayne at the Gold Coast as the Roosters yesterday ruled out signing the fallen superstar.

Brennan says he will consider releasing Hayne on compassionate grounds, but his primary objective is convincing the NSW Origin ace to honour his $1.2 million contract with the Titans next season.

Hayne’s possible return to Parramatta is gathering steam, with Eels hierarchy prepared to offer a $600,000 deal and banking on a Titans subsidy to complete a $1 million transfer.

But with the Titans set to play hardball and refuse to entertain a severance package, Hayne must either take a drastic pay cut – or wear Titans colours under Brennan’s new regime in 2018.

The rookie Titans mentor hopes Hayne opts for the latter option. Brennan has signed Hayne’s former conditioner at the Eels, Hayden Knowles, to work with the high-maintenance fullback and believes he is a trump card.

“In Hayden’s conversations with Jarryd, he was glowing and saying, ‘H, get up here (to the Gold Coast), it’s a great place,” Brennan told Triple M radio yesterday.

“They are thick as thieves. Hayden is a real confidant to Jarryd and Hayne was the driving force saying, ‘Get up here, it’s a great club and we’ll do some exciting things’. It (talk of Hayne wanting out) is news to me. The text messages I’ve exchanged with Jarryd have all been positive.

“I don’t know there is any issue, it’s all media speculation at this stage. Jarryd is very much part of our plans and he can be a super asset to the Gold Coast Titans.”

Brennan is reluctant to lose Hayne but says he would be open-minded about a release if the star wants to return to Sydney for family reasons.

“I’d weigh it all up,” he said. “I have to do what’s best for the Titans, but I also care for my players and if there is a family problem or something going on behind the scenes I’m unaware of. I’d have to sit down with him and see if I can help him.” Roosters supremo Nick Politis expressed interest in Hayne 18 months ago, but says the club has moved on. “I’m not interested in Jarryd,” Politis said. “He’s too expensive now.”
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

This bloke may take DCE's crown as the GC's most hated
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    This bloke may take DCE's crown as the GC's most hated
    There are so many similarities in the way they have conducted themselves.