Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Hayne

Hopefully the wheels are well in motion and the press can get some photos of his baby momma in Sydney and he can pull a Ben Barba and move on.

As for egg on the boards face for signing him, last time Graham took to a press conference he was trying to remind us all of how happy we ALL were that he was coming here. Don't think they acknowledge there is a mistake.

Looks like Moylan to Cronulla is a done deal. Not many other fullback options if Hayne does go.
    Psmitty

If Hayne wants to go , I’d say let him go. Deep down i don’t think he really wants to be here. As for fullback options , i reckon my mother in law could do a better job anyway , and she’s got two stuffed knees. As for Payment she’d only require 2 new Guess hand bags.

Inactive User

^^^ letting him go is not in dispute. It’s all about making sure we don’t pay him 1c of his 2018 $1.2million contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Nols of the Goldy View Post
    [B]Black revealed his personal sponsorship with Hayne ends this week, meaning the Titans must carry his entire $1.2m deal on the salary cap next season.

“We’re not paying for him for the 2018 season,” he said. “Our commitment was to bring him to the Gold Coast but we have no financial commitment to Jarryd next season, so his contract value is on the Titans’ books.”
    Another reason to let him go..... IF we HAVE to pay some of his salary it could still free up around $700k for next year which is a nice little pot of cash.

Inactive User

^^^^ over my dead body we pay some of his contract at another club

What a shame we are going to screwed over again by not reacting fast enough to making a player swap with him and Moylan.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    ^^^^ over my dead body we pay some of his contract at another club
    I'm sure you are too young to die Bods but I'd be certain we'll have to pay some of his salary to get him off our books. Against my principles as well but it's not the way the world works. By all means we should play tough but as Ozy said we'll still have a lot more money to spend even if we have to pay part of his contract. Still money well spent if you ask me.

Inactive User

^^^ at least Titanic is onboard with me in not paying him a thing.
    If he wants to be in Sydney so much then he will cave in and walk away.

You do realise he is already cost us $400k in paying out King Henry. No. I want us to redefine what hardball is and in doing so we will gain the respect of sports fans everywhere.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 03-11-17 at 09:40 AM.

If he wants to go on compassionate grounds we don’t have to pay him a cent. This is also reported on today GC Bulletin.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    If he wants to go on compassionate grounds we don’t have to pay him a cent. This is also reported on today GC Bulletin.
    This is my point. I can't see where we have to pay anything. All we have to say is "no, we want you here" and we are off the hook. If we try and get too cute it will cost us even more than Henry's payout, Hayne's trainers double salary and my blood pressure pills.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    This is my point. I can't see where we have to pay anything. All we have to say is "no, we want you here" and we are off the hook. If we try and get too cute it will cost us even more than Henry's payout, Hayne's trainers double salary and my blood pressure pills.
    Damned straight. Play hardball. It will be fun too for all Titans and Footy Fans watching him crumble.

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    My concern is that Brennan has stated they he is a fan boy of Hayne so if he stays and has an ok year then he might try and re sign him......

If he asks for a release we must stand our ground and NOT pay anything for him to leave. After all he is asking to break his contract and not the other way around. If we can recoup $1m by letting him go then we are in the box seat in regards to player movements. Just remember Moylan has pre season coming up and he and Gould's whipping boy Griffin don't get along...... I know Brennan has said that he won't go poaching Penrith players but lets be honest, if Moylan wants to leave then we are a big chance of getting him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Damned straight. Play hardball. It will be fun too for all Titans and Footy Fans watching him crumble.
    As you can see mate I have been saying that I don't want us to pay him but I am bracing myself for the bad news. If he leaves and we don't have to pay then that's awesome.

I do find it odd that that Hayne is looking at a pay cut to be nearer his daughter and is getting smashed for it, Cooper Cronk left Storm for a pay RISE and is the worlds biggest gentleman, adored by the footy world and its media for moving for love.

I Know Jarryd has made his own bed to an extent, but there is a nasty double standard there.

Gold Coast Titans coach Garth Brennan responds to Jarryd Hayne exit reports
    AAP
    November 3, 2017 9:04am
    GOLD Coast coach Garth Brennan will consider granting Jarryd Hayne a release from the NRL club if he requests one on personal grounds.

But the new Titans coach insists talk that Hayne wants out of the NRL club is nothing more than “a storm in a teacup”.

Brennan is yet to speak to Hayne properly since the reports emerged on Thursday with the code-hopper in World Cup camp with Fiji.

But they have been strenuously denied by both the player and Titans management.

The rookie coach also insisted all conversations he had with Hayne since taking the top job last month had been positive about the two-time Dally M winner’s long-term future at the Titans.

Regardless, Parramatta have firmed as the frontrunners to secure the 29-year-old’s signature if he does shift from southeast Queensland to live closer to his young daughter in Sydney.

And Brennan said he’d work with Hayne to try to help sort any possible off-field issues before weighing up the Titans’ needs with that of the club’s marquee player.

“I’ve got to do what’s best for the Gold Coast Titans. But I’ve said all along I care about my players,” Brennan told the Triple M Grill Team.

“And if there is an issue with Jarryd or there is a family problem or something going on behind the scenes that I’m unaware of ... I really believe that if a player doesn’t want to be at your club or is unhappy off the field, he’s not going to play well on the field.

“I have to make the right decision for the Gold Coast Titans. But Jarryd’s welfare will certainly come into it as well.”

Brennan also pointed to the arrival of Hayne’s former conditioners at Parramatta — Hayden Knowles and Craig Catterick — as further indications the former Eel would stay at the Titans.

Hayne and Knowles in particular have remained very close even through his stint in the NFL, and Brennan said the NSW Origin star was instrumental in securing the athletic coach’s signature.

“I know Hayden Knowles’ conversations with Jarryd, he was glowing of the Gold Coast Titans and the staff up here and the lifestyle,” Brennan said.

“He was basically saying to ‘H’ get up here, it’s a great place to play footy, it’s a great place to live. That’s why I think it’s a bit of a storm in a teacup.

“Because ‘H’ and Jarryd as anyone would know are thick as thieves. They’re very tight. ‘H’ is a real confidant to Jarryd.”

Brennan also indicated any move to lure Matt Moylan from Penrith to the Titans in place of Hayne was unlikely.

Brennan only arrived from the Panthers’ system last month where he had previously worked closely with Moylan, but insisted he hoped the Penrith captain would remain at the foot of the mountains.

Since he took over as coach last month, Brennan says Hayne has given every indication he is positive about the Titans despite reports suggesting he wanted to return to Sydney.

“I have to make the right decision for the Gold Coast Titans. But his welfare has to come into it as well,” Brennan told Triple M.

- - - Updated - - -

Jarryd Hayne ‘rattled’ at Gold Coast without his daughter
    Matt Logue, The Daily Telegraph
    November 3, 2017 10:39am

A CLOSE friend of Jarryd Hayne says the star fullback has been “rattled” without his daughter, as he looks set to leave the Gold Coast for a *return to Parramatta.

Hayden Knowles — who worked with Hayne at Parramatta and during his time in the NFL — says the Origin star has confided in him about his personal family dilemma.

Knowles was set to reunite with Hayne on the Gold Coast next season in his role as a conditioner, but this will now change.

As revealed by The Daily Telegraph, Hayne’s agent Wayne Beavis has informed the Titans he is now looking for opportunities elsewhere.

It is believed the two-time Dally M medallist wants to return to Sydney be closer to his daughter, Beliviah Ivy, and Parramatta are the frontrunners to secure his signature.

Knowles would love to work alongside Hayne, but says he fully respects if he puts family before football.

“I have spoken to Jarryd about his family issue and his baby and he has been rattled about it,” Knowles said.

Hayden Knowles fully respects if Jarryd Hayne puts family before football.
    “I do know that he has some issues with his baby. I’m not aware if he is going to move clubs, but I do know there have been a few issues.

“She (his partner) moved home with the baby. It will be a shame if I go up there and he isn’t there, but he has got to do what is right. Hopefully for the Titans he is still there, but if he needs to sort things out with his baby, and I know what I’d be advising, you’ve got to do what is best with that.”

Knowles said he would honour his conditioning role at the Gold Coast regardless if Hayne stays or not.

He says his main reason to join the Titans was to deliver on his promise to link with new coach Garth Brennan.

“Garth approached me a while back and said if he was going to Newcastle he wanted me to go with him back then,” he said.

“He then said if he ever gets a job he’d be calling me again.

“I’m really looking forward to working with Garth. People have got big wraps on his coaching, but he is also a real good fella.

“He (Garth) would be the most understanding and caring kind of coach about this baby issue. I’m sure if something has to be worked through with Jarryd, he is the best coach for it.”