Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Hayne

a few takes from me.

the Titans stating there has been no release request doesn't mean the manager isnt looking. the release request come at the end once they have found a suitor. Hope they do.

I would take Bevo, Gutho, or Norman in that order as a trade and we would still save 600k. I have it on authority from someone who spends time with Bevo that he loves the GC and would love to live here.

Clearing out 2 million for the mighty Israel Folau to return? that could be interesting and he has just taken an odd leave from the Wallabies spring tour.

Not thrilled if we recruited Knowles specifically for Hayne, but he is an elite world class coach on the cutting edge of performance trends and worth whatever we can spend on him. He is worth 10 x what Ferris was. He is just behind Brennan as our best signing for 2018 imo. imagine if he gets Ash looking like an NRL player and not a chubby little puppy.

on Ash - if we splashing 300k on Knowles, can we please stump up 20k and get Daryl Halligan up here for a week to get ash back on track with his goal kicking. He was awesome in 2016 then had the yips last year. For a million bucks you cant shank from near in front mate.

Would LOVE to see Mead in a swansong, and i would throw everything we have left at Crichton - 800k+. I believe he is an incredible young man regardless of his league talent which also happens to be top shelf and i believe he will captain Australia and probably earn an Australian of the Year award one day.

Keary would be great if Kane does anything less than shine brightly under Brennan and alongside Ash. he has a small window probably to get back on track but it will close swiftly. Come on Kano - many of us believe you have it...please show us.

Saw Koni with a 6 pack in some world cup pics. hopefully he stays 'fab not flab' for the new year.

As i said to someone or maybe in the forum few weeks ago - the only thing that bothers me about our club right now is the sponsors dropping off late last year. Everything else is heading rapidly in the right direction.

Not sure why people are suggesting Bevan French - overrated by Parra fans and injury prone. No thanks.

Jarryd Hayne to quit Titans: Sorry saga a warning to NRL clubs in age of millionaire players
    Robert Craddock, The Courier-Mail
    8 minutes ago
    Subscriber only
    WHAT does it say about a footballer who earns $1 million a year from his club but they are better off without him?

In it’s simplest form, this is the story of Jarryd Hayne and the Gold Coast Titans.

We could write a book detailing the he said, she said’ drama of Thursday’s story and the ensuing denials of Hayne wanting out of the club but the bottom line stays the same – it’s been a loveless marriage from start to finish and the sooner they part the better.

The line “what about the profile he brings to the club?’’ does not stack up any more because almost every bit of that profile is now evidence of a deal gone wrong.

The Titans should end the agony now, salvage something from the wreck and let Hayne see if he can strike a (Titans friendly) deal with Parramatta.

Then hopefully they could return to being what they were before he arrived, a group of hard-nosed scrappers who played above their weight because they played for each other.

Hayne never wanted to leave the Eels in the first place – in a sense he never did.

His very first press conference at the Titans was full of lament at the Eels inability to lure him home rather than the excitement at joining a new club.

“A part of me is sad because I’m not going to go back to the club I grew up with and loved as a kid … (but) at the end of the day I wanted to play footy this year,’’ Hayne said.

The Titans were not a vibrant new challenge. They were the Last Chance Saloon.

Was Hayne the worst big-money signing modern rugby league has ever seen?

If this is the end of the story it has to be close.

Kieran Foran is in the discussion after leaving of Parramatta because of personal reasons.

Ben Barba and Martin Kennedy came to the Broncos on big money but never really got going and Adam Blair never went close to living up to his $550,000 a year during his time at the Wests Tigers.

But the Hayne story has been a bigger car crash than all of them because of the elephantine size of his pay packet and the lack of extenuating circumstances.

Not only was there no obvious excuse for lack of performance but the associated dramas like coach Neil Henry being sacked after falling out with Hayne now seem even more cringe-worthy than it was at the time.

The Hayne saga is a cautionary tale to clubs in the new age of the millionaire player where players are rewarded for potential as much as performance. He may be the first million-dollar disappointment. He won’t be the last.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/...eec56e28ccf28a

Should we all run over to the Parramatta pages and use some reverse psychology?

"Oh no you cunning dogs, Parramatta. Please don't sign him!"
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

The Hayne saga is s big black mark on the Titans board in my opinion. Sure he dragged in some people to games in 16 but what he delivered in the team environment is what he delivered at Parra but his reputation was ignored for a headline in a mad middle of the night scramble to sign him.
    Last edited by ozynorts; 02-11-17 at 07:57 PM.

I think everybody on here has given him some sort of chance and before I comment further there is still the possibility that he isn't lying through his teeth and will play for us next year but let's consider his history:

1. He only occasionally sparked Parra at his very best.
    2. He often went missing and was the target of lots of criticism except for one run to the finals.
    3. He lifted Myles-like for Origin and then went back to his ordinary routine.
    4. He went to the US as novelty interest from the NRL, not as the great wonder.
    5. He totally failed as a 7's player.
    6. He totally has failed as a Titans player ... so far.
    7. He certainly was not the reason we made the finals in 2016.
    8. He helped Henry out the door.
    9. He played exactly how many games for us considering Injury and Origin?
    10. He smashed our cap and potentially broke our team culture.

Yep, our management and the NRL in support, made a really bad decision. The only decision they could make that's worse would be allowing anybody to get him on the cheap. They pay full load or he sits on the friggin' beach.
    Last edited by Titanic; 02-11-17 at 08:19 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    The Hayne saga is s big black mark on the Titans board in my opinion. Sure he dragged in some people to games in 16 but what he delivered in the team environment is what he delivered at Parra but his reputation was ignored for a headline in a mad middle of the night scramble to sign him.
    You are right Ozy, but I would be saying that in hindsight and I have to put my hand up and say I agreed with the Board at the time.

Re some of the posts on here about this grub, I think people need to stop being bloody minded about him and just cop what we can get for him to get rid of him. I think after all the blustering from all parties dies down we will have to stump up a part of his salary but we would be able to move forward now rather than wait 12 months. He is obviously going to leave so make it now and we save at least $500k we can put that to players that want to be here. Why cop another year of dramas caused by this bloke and let's give the new coach the best chance to succeed. I see that three clubs have pulled out probably because the word is out that he wants to go back to Parra. Interestingly Parra have refused to comment. There will just be a whole lot of bs spoken until people just sit down to get the deal done. Let's face it, if he stays here now it will be worse than last season.

I certainly agree with DB in relation to Crighton and my other two targets would be Gordon and Keary.
    Last edited by Mexican titan; 02-11-17 at 08:41 PM.

Inactive User

^^^^^ bloody minded all the way MT
    Not one cent of his contract will we pay if he wants to leave
    That $1.2Million is ours to spend on people that want to be here
    If he wants to see his daughter so desperately let him quit the Titans and play for Parramatta on $300k a year
    Stuff him
    He’s entitled to no fairness from us and we need to get some respect back

BREAKING: Jarryd Hayne has quit the Gold Coast Titans, leaving him just enough time to achieve his dream of riding a Melbourne Cup winner.

I’m totally with Bodsie ... not one cent. Can someone explain to me why, if we want to keep him and he wants to move on, do we have to pay anything? Sure, if we try to ditch him but that’s not the case here. In fact that 1.2m buys a lot of airfares, to see his daughter and have lunch with Tim, from his Tripadeal mates ... I’ll bet they’re thrilled with this.

Sportsbet has opened up a (lighthearted) market on what Hayne is likely to do next. He’s paying $1.25 to stay in rugby league, $3.50 to join the 15-a-side code, $11 to try again at rugby sevens and $34 to return to the NFL. If you’re keen on a real roughie, he’s paying $1001 to become a swimmer or replace Lisa Wilkinson on Channel Nine’s Today.

On a more serious note.. If we could get one of Crichton or Keary or (think moylan and maloney are pretty much done deal being swapped) someone of that nature I would be thrilled.

I'm in the "where there's smoke, there's fire" club. Just get on with it and get it done.

As MT mentioned. He is a cancer to the Club and will remain that way until his **** flies out of Coolangatta.

Jarryd Hayne to quit the Titans: Desire to remain close to daughter behind Hayne speculation

Peter Badel and Matt Logue, The Courier-Mail
    November 2, 2017 7:03pm
    Subscriber only

THE man who funded Jarryd Hayne’s signing with the Gold Coast has revealed the personal family struggle that could see him lost to the Titans.

Norm Black, whose company TripADeal bankrolled a $400,000 sponsorship to deliver Hayne to the glitter strip, says the NSW Origin ace is concerned about losing contact with his 11-month-old daughter Beliviah.

It is understood the child’s mother, Amellia Bonnici, is considering a move to Sydney to be closer to her parents, prompting Hayne to consider his future on the Gold Coast.

Hayne has been looking to buy a home at Byron Bay on the NSW far north coast, with Black making some offers on his behalf, suggesting the Titans fullback had no plans to quit the club.

Black is now considered a close personal friend of Hayne and remains hopeful he will honour his $1.2 million deal in 2018.

“I spoke to Jarryd two days ago and at no stage did he mention wanting out of the Titans,” he said. “He does have some personal issues which he is trying to sort through.

“There is a possibility his child could live in Sydney. The mother’s family is down south and she is looking for some more support from her family, so that is an issue for Jarryd.

“He is a great father and doesn’t want to be away from his child.

“The Titans signed Hayden Knowles and Craig Catterick (Hayne’s former conditioners at Parramatta) to help work with Jarryd, so I’d be stunned if he left.”

Knowles — who has joined the Titans on a $300,000 deal — says Hayne has confided in him about his personal family dilemma.

The highly-rated Knowles played a key role in the fitness regimen at Parramatta that saw Hayne win the 2009 Dally M Medal and was keen to reunite with him at the Titans, but this could now change.

Knowles would love to work alongside Hayne, but says he fully respects if he puts family before football.

“I have spoken to Jarryd about his family issue and his baby and he has been rattled about it,” Knowles said.

“I do know that he has some issues with his baby. I’m not aware if he is going to move clubs, but I do know there have been a few issues.

“She (his partner) moved home with the baby. It will be a shame if I go up there and he isn’t there, but he has got to do what is right.

“Hopefully for the Titans he is still there, but if he needs to sort things out with his baby and I know what I’d be advising and you’ve got to do what is best with that.”

Black revealed his personal sponsorship with Hayne ends this week, meaning the Titans must carry his entire $1.2m deal on the salary cap next season.

“We’re not paying for him for the 2018 season,” he said. “Our commitment was to bring him to the Gold Coast but we have no financial commitment to Jarryd next season, so his contract value is on the Titans’ books.”

Black would be singing a different tune if he was paying next season. These guys are so full of it. Cry me a river. How many families are separated due to work commitments? Like my own.

Inactive User

Hire A Nanny Hayne. Problem fixed.