Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Hayne

Now the word games have begun. Reportedly told Channel 7 that "he has not asked the Titans for a release". Added to this that his current manager isn't accredited either so another offseason of muck raking the Titans.

Simple thing is get on a plane, fly to Townsville, sit down and ask him face to face do you want out and formulate a plan from there to help the process along. Sick of the whole blank look we have on our faces as a club when we are blindsided by this stuff. So get on the front foot and get answers.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    If Hayne stays it's only for the year, we don't know where he will be playing, he wastes $1M of our cap and he sulks around like a whiney kid who isn't getting his way and misses his mummy.
    My concern is that Brennan has stated they he is a fan boy of Hayne so if he stays and has an ok year then he might try and re sign him......

If he asks for a release we must stand our ground and NOT pay anything for him to leave. After all he is asking to break his contract and not the other way around. If we can recoup $1m by letting him go then we are in the box seat in regards to player movements. Just remember Moylan has pre season coming up and he and Gould's whipping boy Griffin don't get along...... I know Brennan has said that he won't go poaching Penrith players but lets be honest, if Moylan wants to leave then we are a big chance of getting him.

I would love a swap for Val Holmes, hes also a Queenslander. I can't see it happening though even if Hayne isn't here next year which i think he will be.
    Bring back Kevin Gordon

We should do a swap for bevan french if he wants to go to the eels, he's a Queenslander isn't he?

Hayne states that he didn't state anything and his current state is being a Titan. So now we should believe that his manager didn't state that he wanted to leave to be near his daughter, that his close friends didn't state that he wants to return to Parra? This sneaks under the heading of "where's there's smoke", in my opinion only. However, I get the feeling that Meninga, Smith and Annersley commenting gives the debate some credibility.

The timing is pretty cowardly considering the club is on the verge of major change. A conspiracy theorist may argue that this type of destabilising talk factors into the sale somehow.

I would be happy for Hayne to leave on a value for money basis but I would be happier for the club if he stays for stability. Now I'll go and pull the splinters out of my butt.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I had heard rumours a few weeks back now ofr Norman being on the edge at Parra. maybe Norman Hayne swap would be nice.

other than the usual media trife though its good to have the forums back.

Surely a player swap if he goes to parra, I just hope they don't pay any of his salary to another surely the titans stand firm

Yep would definitely do a player swap with Corey Norma as he is a Keebra boy, would also do one for French who I believe is a QLDr (correct me if im wrong).

Also like a lot of the parra forwards.

Cmon Graham A lets get the ball rolling on this one.

Immortal

Bevan French is from NSW unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Bevan French is from NSW unfortunately
    Thanks for the clarification mdrew

Can’t help feeling the ownership cloud may have an impact on people committing .

Until I hear it from the club or JH I’m believing nothing

Inactive User

Bevan is from Tingha in NW NSW where Presto is from and he wanted to be a Titan as a youngster but as per usual we stuffed it up.
    I’m against a player swap for the Fatso The Ego because it would involve the other club getting us to pay Hayne money. Stuff That!!
    Hayne only way out is to ask for a release so we keep the entire $1million in our cap and he can go play elsewhere for seriously less coin.
    We need to screw this guy over so we can be proud of our club and not be doormats in the wider NRL and Australian Sporting Landscape.

There is “ NEVER A DULL MOMENT WHEN IT COMES TO BEING A TITANS SUPPORTER “. This story had to start somewhere , as they say “ WHERE THERES SMOKE THERES FIRE “

I agree. We seem to have 3 or 4 major dramas every year. I think we are still a long way away from being premiership contenders.
    Psmitty

I’ll also say if Garth Brennan , can do anything with this club , “ GIVE HIM THE KEYS TO THE CITY “ cause he”ll deserve it.