Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Hayne

There is a lovely game of brinkmanship going on here. Barring a contract upgrade to Ash Taylor for 2018 his contract does not accelerate until 2019.
    Zillman leaving frees up 750k
    Paasi 300K (estimate)
    McQueen 350-400K (estimate)
    Pulu, Pettybourne, Simpkins, further collective dollars.
    There was also the final year of Kev Gordons contract reputed to be 350k.
    Even before the increase in next years cap methinks the figure available is 2Mil before any scrap metal salvage for the Hayneplane.

Nothing major is going happen before a decision on new owners, then fasten your seatbelt.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Happy to see Hayne off as long as we don’t pay any freight at all , after all he cost us $400 k to sack King ... so I call it even.

As for a replacement I’d look at Michael Gordon as he can kick and would still be good for a few years so that we can develop a Fullback.
    IF this story is true (Titans are unaware of any request to leave) and he asks for a release from his contract then the Titans hold all the cards as they don't have to release him. It means that we won't have to pay a cent as HE is the one wanting to break the deal.
    I seriously doubt that ANY club will want him based on what he showed this year and if they do it certainly won't be on a deal like he is currently on which may mean he stay's until the end of this year.
    I remember on Matty Johns's show they were talking about this and asked the question if Hayne was available for $500k would clubs be interested. They couldn't agree yes or no but did say that you would have to look at him for that money. So unless he is willing to cop around a 50% pay cut then I think he will struggle to get a job elsewhere.
    If he stays I am "ok" with it but I certainly don't want him beyond this year, and before you get upset Bod's, the only reason I say that is we don't have a ready made NRL standard FB at the club right now that can take his place.
    Michael Gordon would be a good stop gap but Moylan would be soooooo much better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gcboyz View Post
    There is a lovely game of brinkmanship going on here. Barring a contract upgrade to Ash Taylor for 2018 his contract does not accelerate until 2019.
    Zillman leaving frees up 750k
    Paasi 300K (estimate)
    McQueen 350-400K (estimate)
    Pulu, Pettybourne, Simpkins, further collective dollars.
    There was also the final year of Kev Gordons contract reputed to be 350k.
    Even before the increase in next years cap methinks the figure available is 2Mil before any scrap metal salvage for the Hayneplane.

Nothing major is going happen before a decision on new owners, then fasten your seatbelt.
    The Zillman money would have been partly spent on Ash I would think...

QLD Cup

Oh goody! here we go again. Good riddance. He will be an unstabilising influence if he stays. For all that he could bring he is not worth it even at his best. There will be plenty of value on the open market and we are not going to win the Premiership this year so let's invest in some potential. Young guys who are hungry and grateful to play at NRL level.

I can't forgive him for bringing yet more confusion and ridicule to our club at this vulnerable time. I agree with comments above. Hopefully we don't have to pay a cent of his salary when he plays elsewhere. But I struggle to think of who would sign him after the way he has treated us.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    I can't forgive him for bringing yet more confusion and ridicule to our club at this vulnerable time. I agree with comments above. Hopefully we don't have to pay a cent of his salary when he plays elsewhere. But I struggle to think of who would sign him after the way he has treated us.
    As I said once before I'd start at 99c on Ebay and take whatever we get for him.

Get the Albert brothers for cheap. Get Moylan, Keary, Mead and Crichton for whatever we can get them for and start training.

I just wish we had Greg Bird to line up against the Great Tool and bash him the way he deserves.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic Believer View Post
    Oh goody! here we go again. Good riddance. He will be an unstabilising influence if he stays. For all that he could bring he is not worth it even at his best. There will be plenty of value on the open market and we are not going to win the Premiership this year so let's invest in some potential. Young guys who are hungry and grateful to play at NRL level.
    Yeah I agree. Next year is a write off in terms of contending. Bring in all the young ambitious talent we can and let Brennan have 3 years to mould them into reaching their potential.

Ozynorts u haven’t upset me. If he can’t find a new home then so be it. We have to wear him for another year but at least he will be motivated by coming off contract.

Can you guys believe the money we have paid this scum bag just to produce drama? Wants to be in Sydney to be near his daughter. Looks like this flog couldn’t succeed in maintaining a relationship the mother of his child even when it’s a baby and you are required to man up for a couple of years and help out.

I shake my head.

Titans can't win.

Firstly, I'm not buying into it until I hear it from his mouth or the Titans.

If Hayne stays it's only for the year, we don't know where he will be playing, he wastes $1M of our cap and he sulks around like a whiney kid who isn't getting his way and misses his mummy.

If he goes, and this is assuming he doesn't take any of our cap with him, we don't have anyone to fill the void as we've let everyone go, including the coach.

I'm resigned to the fact he is here for 2018 and it will be painful. No one is paying $1M for him to wreck their club.

I actually think Hayne will be the one subject to ridicule

I’m wondering if Garth has had a chat ..

One thing we must wipe out is the way players treat our club and supporters with utter contempt. DCE and now Hayne. This can't be tolerated.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    One thing we must wipe out is the way players treat our club and supporters with utter contempt. DCE and now Hayne. This can't be tolerated.
    Club should just stand its ground and make him honour his contract unless we can get everything we could possibly want in return.

Inactive User

^^^ I’m with you on this. We should not pay one cent for him to play elsewhere.

For mine, if we are paying Hayne $1M for 2018, if he is not 100% fit, 100% ready and 100% committed to the Titans from the start of pre-season training through to the final whistle of our last game of the season, I would put a line through him and not even let him play another minute of club footy in 2018 while under contract with the Titans. No more chances, no ifs or buts, just literally make him sit and watch footy for the season, let him eat pies and cake, then f#$% him off when it's done.

All or nothing. Simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Club should just stand its ground and make him honour his contract unless we can get everything we could possibly want in return.
    Nup. He is cancer and must be gone. If Parra are happy to pay $500k and we have to pay $500k of his wage, then that to me is a good deal. We have $500k to spend on a useful player and Hayne can't do anymore damage which will cost even more.
    From the other sites I'm reading it seems pretty obvious he is off to Parra, so good luck and fvck off.
    The Titans are just playing the game so they can minimise what we will have to pay him. Don't give him a release and make him work hard to get it.
    I agree with the earlier post about trying to get Mick Gordon as FB cover. A good solid player who is a top line kicker.
    I don't agree with others that next year will be a write off. If Hayne goes and we get ownership sorted quickly then I reckon a few things will happen quickly and hopefully Brennan is already working the phones and counting the cash. I reckon Brennan will be fist pumping over this news. His job will be safe for a couple of years at least without the chosen one there to shaft him.

And this FFS:

The loss of Hayne would be a blow for incoming coach Garth Brennan, who was confident of getting the best out of the enigmatic attacking whiz.
    Just last week, Brennan recruited respected strength-and-conditioning coach Hayden Knowles, who successfully worked with Hayne during is golden years at Parramatta.
    Knowles was on $150,000 at the Roosters, but the Titans doubled his salary in an attempt to place a trusted support network around Hayne at the Gold Coast.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/...aa20d00f988f2d