Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Hayne

I attended the Tonga vs Samoa pacific test a couple of years ago at Robina and it was one of the best RL carnivals I have been to. Double header with Fiji vs PNG so it was about the best day of RL you could imagine. I would watch that almost every day over the same-old NRL play by numbers we watch these days.

Anyway, back to the Hayne Payne thread. ;-)

I was so pleased to finally see PNG league shown in a positive light. That atmosphere, even at the old LLoyd Robson, has been there in one form or another since 1952. Awesome spectacle. Brought back a lot of memories seeing so many familiar but aging faces in the crowd.
    Last edited by Titanic; 29-10-17 at 07:42 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Jarryd Hayne wants to quit Gold Coast Titans after RLWC 2017
    Phil Rothfield Sports Editor-at-Large, The Daily Telegraph
    5 minutes ago
    Subscriber only
    SUPERSTAR Jarryd Hayne wants to quit the Gold Coast Titans after a tumultuous 12 months.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal his agent Wayne Beavis has informed the Titans he is now looking for opportunities elsewhere.

It is more to do with personal issues, rather than any animosity towards the Titans or new coach Garth Brennan.

Hayne is on a $1 million contract on the Gold Coast.

Jarryd Hayne is ready to quit the Titans.
    Titans officials have told Beavis Hayne is expected back at training in January after the World Cup and the Christmas break.

A source told The Daily Telegraph Beavis was now looking at all possibilities in Sydney, where Hayne wants to live.

Beavis was unavailable for comment this morning.

Hayne made his NRL debut in 2007 with Parramatta and won two Dally M medals with the club before leaving to embark on an NFL career at the end of 2014.

After a stint with the San Francisco 49ers and a brief dalliance with rugby sevens, Hayne returned to league with the Titans in late 2016, helping the club to their first finals appearance since 2010.

He made his return to representative football earlier this year, when he played in the centres for NSW.

After missing selection for Australia’s Rugby League World Cup campaign Hayne was called up to play for Fiji.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...edium=Facebook

Swap for Moylan, or a chocolate Cornetto.

Inactive User

^^^ this is fantastic news. What a Lemon.

Here we go again! Another ride on the Jarryd Hayne Merry-Go-Round.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by K4SE View Post
    Here we go again! Another ride on the Jarryd Hayne Merry-Go-Round.
    That’s two consecutive pre-seasons now that the great ego has ruined. Fat Flog Uber to Coolangatta Airport.

Just heard the Hayne news on the radio. Selfish bastard, but I should be happy as I've said many times if Hayne is here next year then I will not be renewing.
    I wonder how Neil Henry feels.

He must have freaked at having an ex-trainer on staff who knows all his dirty little bludging secrets. At least we won’t be paying part of his load. Now bring in Moylan, Keary and Crichton.

wow great news, the quicker the better

Rep Player

Might be a tad more excited about this than retaining Ash. As long as we dont have to wear an huge chunk of his salary this would be huge for our team. You could get 3 quality players for his waste of a salary. Optimistic but realistically what club would be stupid enough o take him

If hayne does go, and paasi is released, and everyone else who is left surely we have over $1.5m spending money, if i deduct for contract upgrades.

Who do we go after?

I think we need a hard hitting mongrel prop, a left centre and either a fullback or 5/8.

- - - Updated - - -

Sharks have been trying to offload Maloney for a while, he is a premiership winner and a goal kick....just saying

Happy to see Hayne off as long as we don’t pay any freight at all , after all he cost us $400 k to sack King ... so I call it even.

As for a replacement I’d look at Michael Gordon as he can kick and would still be good for a few years so that we can develop a Fullback.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Gee wiz just heard Mal Meninga talk about hayne, he has give him a good serving, he didn't mince his words let him have it.

MENINGA LASHES HAYNE OVER TITANS

Kangaroos coach Mal Meninga has savaged Jarryd Hayne over suggestions he is looking to walk out on the Gold Coast Titans next year to return to Sydney, describing it as "pretty ordinary".

Speaking in Canberra before Friday's World Cup clash against France, Meninga said Hayne hadn't earned the right to walk out on the Titans given his inability to repay the club's investment in him when he returned from the NFL.
    "I think he's let the Titans down," Meninga said.
    "If he leaves the club, he hasn't played well enough to do that. He needs to make sure he stays at the club and plays the best he possibly can for them. The way they have invested in him, he hasn't invested back to the club."
    NRL.com understands the Parramatta Eels are the frontrunners for his signature given their history and the amount of money available in their salary cap, but it's the timing of the latest revelations that has upset Meninga the most.
    Gold Coast's sacking of coach Neil Henry was viewed as a move which would appease Hayne given their prickly relationship.

The club was hopeful Henry's replacement, Garth Brennan, would be successful in getting the best out of Hayne.
    However, the Daily Telegraph reported Hayne's agent Wayne Beavis had been told by the fullback he wanted to return to Sydney for personal reasons.
    "Yeah, I agree with that," Meninga said when asked if it was particular poor form given Henry's demise.
    "I reckon it's pretty ordinary what has happened there. That's just my thoughts."
    Meninga said he didn't have a problem with players leaving clubs but was adamant players needed to earn the right to move on through their performances.
    "I don't mind that but as long as they are committed to the club they are currently at," Meninga said.
    "If they put the effort in through the year and they choose to leave then I'm happy with that. If you don't put the effort in and you let your mates down and your club down, then you have an obligation to stay at the club and do the right thing by them."
    Asked if his attitude was the reason he was left out of the Kangaroos squad, Meninga said: "Not really, he wasn't playing well enough".

http://www.nrl.com/meninga-lashes-ha...0/default.aspx

Jarryd Hayne reportedly wants to quit the struggling Gold Coast Titans
    GOLD Coast has responded to reports star fullback Jarryd Hayne wants to quit the Titans and move closer to Sydney.

news.com.auNOVEMBER 2, 201710:47AM

JARRYD Hayne reportedly wants to quit the Gold Coast Titans and explore his options in Sydney in order to be closer to his family.
    Currently participating in the Rugby League World Cup with Fiji, Hayne is said to be considering all possibilities, including rugby union. He wants to be closer to his young daughter, who Channel Nine reporter Danny Weidler says is based on the NSW Central Coast.
    Danny Weidler ✔@Danny_Weidler
    Jarryd Hayne wants to move from Gold Coast to be close to his young child who is based on Central Coast Titans say no request for release
    8:00 AM - Nov 2, 2017

First reported in The Daily Telegraph, his departure would be a huge blow to the struggling Titans and their hopes of climbing the standings in 2018 after finishing the 2017 season in second last place.
    Channel Seven rugby league reporter Josh Massoud said Hayne’s former side Parramatta is the raging favourite to secure his services should he walk out on the Titans.
    Josh Massoud ✔@josh_massoud
    From the talk over the past week . . . @TheParraEels at Winx-like odds to welcome back @JarrydHayne
    9:33 AM - Nov 2, 2017

The Titans say they expect Hayne back for pre-season training in January and Gold Coast CEO Graham Annesley said today’s news had blindsided him because he is unaware of any such request from Hayne.
    “We haven’t spoken to Jarryd, he’s been away on duty for Fiji at the World Cup,” he said, per the Courier-Mail.
    “I don’t know what Jarryd is up to, but at this stage no one has come to me or anyone at the club asking for a release.
    “As far as I’m concerned, he’s a Titans-contracted player.
    “If at some stage Jarryd wants out, it’s up to him to come and ask us, not for us to ask him.
    “No one has asked me for a release, but if he wants out, he needs to come and ask us and he hasn’t done that.”
    Hayne is off contract at the end of next season, and as of Tuesday was able to enter in negotiations with other clubs for the 2019 season. He took up an option in his contract earlier this year to extend his stay until the end of 2018, but only after he reportedly flirted with the idea of moving back to Sydney.
    Chris Garry ✔@ChrisGarry7
    Titans blindsided by this story. Have no knowledge of Hayne wanting out. No request for release. BUT... it appears a request is imminent.

If Hayne was to leave, his departure would be slap in the face to previous Gold Coast coach Neil Henry. Henry was punted after the club effectively chose its star fullback over him following a highly publicised relationship breakdown between the pair this year.
    Hayne joined the Titans midway through last season after a failed attempt to make the Fiji rugby sevens Olympic team, which followed his season-long stint in the NFL with the San Francisco 49ers.
    He started with a bang in his return to league but was underwhelming in 2017 for a man on a $1.2 million-a-season deal.
    The revelation Hayne wants to leave the glitter strip comes shortly after incoming Titans coach Garth Brennan spoke about his excitement at having the representative fullback at his disposal.
    “Jarryd’s a super talent, we all know that, everyone who’s seen him over the years and the level that he’s played at in Origin, club level as well,” Brennan told NRL 360.
    “It’s exciting. I’m a rugby league fan and when you see Jarryd Hayne in full flight it’s exciting.”
    If Hayne stays, Brennan will need to do what Henry couldn’t — keep the Titans’ main man happy.
    Things went south quickly between Hayne and Henry.
    Things went south quickly between Hayne and Henry.Source:Getty Images
    The rift between Hayne and Henry took its toll on the Queensland club, which limped to 15th this year with just seven wins. It was a far cry from a fairytale 2016 in which Gold Coast’s unheralded names surprised everyone by scraping into the top eight.
    Stories of Hayne’s poor attitude at training surfaced earlier in the year and he was fined. Henry was believed to be less than impressed with the 29-year-old’s work while rumours of unrest among teammates — upset at being punished for Hayne’s individual misdemeanours — also circulated.
    Despite Henry’s repeated denials of any rift, crisis talks involving the club board saw the veteran coach given his marching orders in August.
    Whether Hayne follows Henry out the door remains to be seen.
    Sportsbet has opened up a (lighthearted) market on what Hayne is likely to do next. He’s paying $1.25 to stay in rugby league, $3.50 to join the 15-a-side code, $11 to try again at rugby sevens and $34 to return to the NFL. If you’re keen on a real roughie, he’s paying $1001 to become a swimmer or replace Lisa Wilkinson on Channel Nine’s Today.

End Article

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/jar...4fb1dfde25b12a

The heading is wrong.....

Should be "Struggling Hayne set to quit the Gold Coast Titans"

So glad we went and hired his ex trainers.