Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Hayne

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Greg "Bodsie" Condon
    No Comment from me until Brennan has finalised his staff

Dont know if brennans approach to hayne will work or not but at least it is worth a shot. We know hayne doesnt respond well to disciplinarians, so maybe a coach which shows some belief in him could bring out the best of him and saying a potential contract extension might make hayne think he is actually wanted by the club. No one has solved this rubix cube so far, so another approach is the only way to find out.

I actually dont mind the idea of hayne playing 5/8 as well because at least we know he will be able to mucle up defensively especially on our goal line. Some will say he let some soft tries in when played at centre (which i agree with) however he will be more jammed in the middle defending at 5/8 and is a big body. Just have to limit his kicking and leave that to atay, and show him that you dont always have to do a no look cut out pass to get the best results.

If he does move to 5/8 dont know who would get first crack at fb, sarginson? Brimson? Sami? Not too sure.

Excited for the next season, we could very well be wooden spoon or we could very well be in top 8, it is anyone's guess atm. Up up the mighty titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    No Comment from me until Brennan has finalised his staff
    party pooper - not even a little bite. It could be a long off-season
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    party pooper - not even a little bite. It could be a long off-season
    A few members of the board get upset when I give it to the great Condon, so I don’t bother anymore. I’m pretty sure I’ve done my job of pointing out to most people though that Rehab is most definitely an area we are lacking in.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Moylan will do
    Nice, I could live with that.

Hayne has looked pretty good at playing 5/8 for Fiji, doing some sensible stuff and a little bit of flash. See how he develops over the world cup playing there, might be our short term solution.

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    Hayne has looked pretty good at playing 5/8 for Fiji, doing some sensible stuff and a little bit of flash. See how he develops over the world cup playing there, might be our short term solution.
    Playing Q Cup qulity team, should look good. His kicks have been good but no pressure. Thought he might have had more involvement tbh. Would like to see him have a run.

Hahaha, just as I typed it!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

OK, would still like to see him create something and have a proper run.

Inactive User

We have a 5/8 in LG
    Hayne just needs to get fit

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    Playing Q Cup qulity team, should look good. His kicks have been good but no pressure. Thought he might have had more involvement tbh. Would like to see him have a run.

Hahaha, just as I typed it!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

OK, would still like to see him create something and have a proper run.
    I do agree usa where probably worse than a qcup team, but i like how hayne was composed and not erratic. He actually didnt place a kick wrong (long and short kicks) and got fiji some repeat sets.

I do think he needs to get fitter, he still looks lethargic needs some of his speed back. I was rewatching the 100m sprint the other day when he came 2nd against other league and union players, think lachlan turner from union won it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    We have a 5/8 in LG
    Hayne just needs to get fit
    I like Elgey but he needs to get his confidence back, which i believe should be through qcup. At the moment he is a defensive liability who hasnt offered much in attack, where as atay is also a defensive liability but he is actually returning something back to the team in repeat sets and try assists.

Hayne is a complex problem but i dont mind him having a shot at 5/8 because at least that gives us a stronger defensive line vs elgey there (based on current form). We have to remember he only has 1yr left on his contrast so this is just an interim measure till someone else can secure the long term no. 6 (hopefully brimson).

I do agree hayne needs to get a lot fitter in either position he plays, hopefully our new coaching staff can do this. We also have to remember that brennan has said elgey has to earn his spot and he would consider hayne at 5/8, so it is a very real possibility for next year.

Inactive User

^^^^ I would hope and expect that as part of his job interview Brennan outlined to the Panel how he plans to get the Hayne/LG/ATay/Peats Spine to be Up and About.

Hayne hits new heights as tryscorer
    http://www.couriermail.com.au/

JARRYD Hayne became the equal greatest try-scorer in Rugby League World Cup history as Fiji sent a warning to their Pacific rivals with a 58-12 flogging of the inexperienced USA in Townsville last night.

Hayne moved to 13 World Cup tries, equal with league Immortal Bob Fulton, when he broke down field to score the Bati’s first four-pointer of the second half after they leapt to a 36-6 lead at the break.

Hayne also set up two firsthalf tries, while Kevin Naiqama, Taane Milne and Suliasi Vunivalu each had doubles in the 11 tries to two romp.

On track for a likely quarter-final with either Tonga or Samoa, Akuila Uate also crossed for a try as part of one of the most destructive backlines of the tournament.

“Suli (Vunivalu) was unbelievable,” Hayne told the Seven Network.

“He’s a pretty lean type of bloke but his strength is unbelievable. He was awesome.’’

However Fiji’s Parramattabound prop Kane Evans will likely be ruled out for the tournament with a broken wrist.

Five-eighth Hayne has the chance to go clear at the top of the World Cup tryscorers list in next Sunday’s clash with Wales, also in Townsville.

The Titans star scored nine tries for Australia in the 2013 World Cup, while last night’s four-pointer was his fourth for Fiji after he crossed for three in the 2008 tournament.

FIJI 58 (T Milne 2, K Naiqama 2, S Vunivalu 2, K Evans, J Hayne, V Kikau, H Raiwalui, A Uate tries; A Koroisau 5, T Milne 2 goals) d TOMAHAWKS 12 (M Shipway, J Vaivai tries; B Faraimo 2 goals) at 1300SMILES Stadium.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

That article is really dredging for news ... new heights? You’re kidding! ... plus Scott Sattler has the most disgusting man-crush on Hayne ... I really want to give Hayne a chance this year but that commentary made me puke. USA were really woeful against an ok Fiji team.

Im really worried about USA, especially if they are supposed to be hosting the next World Cup. I think Fiji are improving though and bout they'd have been so much better if it wasn't for the cowards at NSWRL to follow the QRL's Hunters lead.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Inactive User

^^^ should look at bringing in Samoa and Tonga into either the NSW or QLD Cups too

Tonga and Samoa need to have a serious domestic competition before they could be considered and that should be the priority.