Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: Hayne

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    ^^^ thank you DieHard Annesley
    Haha I'm glad someone got it.

One thing I really dislike is when people can't take responsibility for (collectively) decisions they make.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Annesley
    “I don’t think you can look back and have any regrets. Jarryd was probably the biggest signing this club has ever made and that was an important statement about the future of this club.

“It shows we are able to compete with other clubs for marquee players so any perception this club takes the leftovers was blown well and truly out of the water.”
    My reply on facebook...

Look sorry, but that is just crap. The signing of Hayne was extremely divisive and it has been proven to be a total failure. At the time we were really going somewhere and then his signing polluted our club culture. Don't be afraid of taking responsibility for bad decisions, you made a call and it was the wrong one, that's leadership. But please don't try and cover it up.

I'd also add that it has damaged our reputation in the market place and enhanced our reputation as being a doormat of a club.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    My reply on facebook...

Look sorry, but that is just crap. The signing of Hayne was extremely divisive and it has been proven to be a total failure. At the time we were really going somewhere and then his signing polluted our club culture. Don't be afraid of taking responsibility for bad decisions, you made a call and it was the wrong one, that's leadership. But please don't try and cover it up.

I'd also add that it has damaged our reputation in the market place and enhanced our reputation as being a doormat of a club.
    Spot on DH but I'll put my hand up and say I supported his signing. Yep, now I can't get rid of him quickly enough and actually really dislike the bloke. But just for balance I read our membership numbers rose about 3,000 and I sit near the corp boxes at CBus and many more of them were filled for most of last season until he really was on the nose. So he did bring in a fair bit more money. I certainly don't remember his signing as being that divisive at the start and certainly when he kicked that field goal at Campbelltown many people thought he was on the up. As we know it all was downhill after that.

With the benefit of hindsight his signing overall was a disaster but I'm not alone in supporting him at the start.

Finally, I wonder what thoughts are going through Neil Henry's head now.
    Last edited by Mexican titan; 30-11-17 at 09:18 PM.

I think the Hayne v Henry thing was purposely blown out of proportion by the management. I think Henry was on the nose much earlier and after eking-out a new contract on the back of the Eels demise in 2016, the club realised their error in extending his stay and got an excuse to out him with Hayne's lace-tying antics.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Finally, I wonder what thoughts are going through Neil Henry's head now.
    Who only knows, or Brad Arthur's for that matter!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    Any inside word of whether Meady is looking for a full time gig at FB?
    Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    I got no inside goss.
    Playing golf with Meady on Tuesday...I will pester him about his future but I am pretty sure he is 'happy up the road' as he put it.

Not from his mouth but a reliable source says that he is in the main squad as there maybe some positional changes to the Broncos. A very early call seeing we are still in 2017.

This is why I think Hayne was the worst signing in our history. At least when DCE backflipped it was his reputation that was dragged through the mud. Annersley wants to put out there that we are a club that can compete for marquee signings. We signed a bloke on $1.2 mill whose real worth in the market is $600k (probably more around the $800k mark at the time). He used us, never promoted the club and now has broken his contract. As Diehard states, we look like a 'doormat club' but on top of that we pay overs. Now that we have this 'war chest' for our cap we have to go through the over inflated prices managers will be requesting for transfers.

Brennan handled the press conference better than Annersley IMO. At least he pointed out the importance of signing Latu.

This thread started on the 20 of Oct, 18 pages and 262 posts later he's gone and we can now move on.

Inactive User

^^^ as much as I’d like to OZY another Hayne Lie was just exposed. His daughter and her Mum are living in Forster on the mid North Coast which is a 4hour Drive from Parramatta.
    So all this garbage about being closer to his daughter is just another clever play on words that is so clever that under any basic scrutiny amounts to being just another big fat lie.

His revisionist history needs to be corrected and exposed before finally moving on.

Just exposed huh, they have been reporting where she lives for months mate but everyone was happy to gloss over this fact..
    He's gone, sit down grab a long neck and just relax for a moment and enjoy the serenity of a Hayne free pre season.
    With him gone and Lawrence retiring we have a substantial amount of money to play with for this coming season. I am looking forward, not back, and can't wait to see what unfolds in the next few months..

Doormat is too kind ... in this case we are toilet paper but I would very happily close this thread, put it in the players section where it belongs and move on.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    This thread started on the 20 of Oct, 18 pages and 262 posts later he's gone and we can now move on.

Inactive User

Just exposed huh, they have been reporting where she lives for months mate but everyone was happy to gloss over this fact..
    He's gone, sit down grab a long neck and just relax for a moment and enjoy the serenity of a Hayne free pre season.
    With him gone and Lawrence retiring we have a substantial amount of money to play with for this coming season. I am looking forward, not back, and can't wait to see what unfolds in the next few months..
    There’s a smart Alec tone there OZY which surprises me. The media and Hayne has been reporting she’s on the Central Coast not the Mid North Coast and that makes a massive difference to the narrative that he has been selling which clearly you have swallowed hook, line and sinker.

His I want to be near my daughter on the Central Coast story is total garbage.
    Forster is a few more hours up the Coast.
    Done.
    Now I hope to move on...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    There’s a smart Alec tone there OZY which surprises me. The media and Hayne has been reporting she’s on the Central Coast not the Mid North Coast and that makes a massive difference to the narrative that he has been selling which clearly you have swallowed hook, line and sinker.

His I want to be near my daughter on the Central Coast story is total garbage.
    Forster is a few more hours up the Coast.
    Done.
    Now I hope to move on...
    I think it is also because his and her family are all down in Sydney, which means the baby will be a fair bit as well. The daughter & mum just happen to currently reside on the central coast. I could be wrong but I can understand this if it is the case.

Regardless he's a dawg

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Brennan handled the press conference better than Annersley IMO.
    Annesley is still living in denial that it was a bad decision. Which raises an issue is he the right man for the job still? Burying ones head in the sand never resolves anything.

Annesley: Hayne was worth it Link to presser video.

- - - Updated - - -

Post of the Month.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Doormat is too kind ... in this case we are toilet paper but I would very happily close this thread, put it in the players section where it belongs and move on.
    Titans Fans
    http://i.imgur.com/UkrSdC8.gifv

........Ever since Brian Carney.........