Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Hayne

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    Phillip Sami?

he is a good kid for wing and centre. Played some FB for 20s, but is probably too big to be there at NRL level.

I reckon develop him into Hurrellcane's centre buddy
    Agree with this statement but needs some coaching to develop tackling skills as he misses to many tackles at critical times.

Inactive User

I remember Sami playing FB in a couple of under 20 games last year and he made some shocking clangers cleaning up grubber kicks in particular

Does anyone know when Hayne is offically finished with RLWC duties and officially back to training?

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    Does anyone know when Hayne is offically finished with RLWC duties and officially back to training?
    Ask Parramatta mate would be the answer.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Ask Parramatta mate would be the answer.
    Fair enough, but I'm wondering when the Titans are gonna man-up and make an announcement so we all know what the clubs position on this matter is.

He’s on holidays now until the squad returns after new year is what has been quoted from our coach.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    As a senior player he is entitled to 6 weeks break from when his world cup ended.

Well-funded New York bid targets Hayne
    http://www.nrl.com/

Jarryd Hayne would be a massive addition to a New York rugby league franchise. Credit: Scott Davis. Copyright: NRL Photos.
    The New York City rugby league franchise aiming to enter the Super League will target Jarryd Hayne and the best players in the world and boast A$52 million in funding over the initial three years of its existence.

Bid founder Ricky Wilby is a Yorkshire-based entrepreneur who has been involved in rugby league all his life. He has spent the past 12 years with the Catalans Dragons in media, sponsorship and logistics.

"The plan is for New York to come in to the competition in 2019 and we put our bid application into the Rugby Football League two and a half months ago showing our finances, potential stadiums and hotels for opposition teams to stay in," Wilby told NRL.com.

"We have also shown them proof of funds and agreements in principle for sponsorship deals to cover the cost of flights and hotels for opposition teams.

"The only cost for the opposition teams will be getting from their home base to the airport. We will foot every other cost."

The bid team will ramp up its quest in the new year with plans for a delegation of RFL officials to visit New York to meet sponsors and examine facilities.

"We'd like to get a 'yes' 12 months out from when we intend to kick off our first game in 2019," Wilby said.

"We'd like to come into the Championship or Super League but there is a lot to do in terms of the League's structure.

"We also appreciate that there has been a precedent set with Toronto and Toulouse in the last couple of years and they have had to start at the bottom and work their way up.

"New York brings to the table star quality, a lot of commercial activity and is going to generate a lot of local interest in the UK and global interest in terms of America and Australia."

The start-up costs will be significant costs but Wilby said the bid team's investors would "put in 10 million pounds per year over the first three years", which equates to A$52. 5 million.

"One London-based investor is a property magnate with 20 properties in and around Mayfair and Kensington. There is another investor based in New York, also in property development," Wilby said.

The new franchise is looking at three stadiums but the preferred choice is Red Bull Arena in New Jersey, home of the New York Red Bulls.

New York intend to have five American players in their squad of 30 and Wilby has already been overwhelmed with interest.

"NRL stars and other players and their agents have approached me, as have coaches," he said.

"In terms of the players and their agents I have given them all the same response, which is that it is all very well for me to play 'fantasy football' and say that I'd like this player and that player, but I am not the coach.

"It is the coaches [that] will be appointed first and then we will go out with our shopping list, but Jarryd Hayne would be a perfect fit in terms of his already having gone to the United States and tried something new [in the NFL with San Francisco]".

Wilby said the bid team aimed to speak to Hayne in "the next three or six months".

"We'll also look to attract players who've been in a great culture at a club like Melbourne and involved in a team outside of rugby league heartland," he said.

"We want to sign the best players in the world with the right culture because we want to win competitions.

"We have that responsibility to ourselves, the competition and supporters."

Wilby met Ipswich Jets coaches Ben and Shane Walker last week on the Gold Coast and said they were in the mix to coach New York.

"They are innovators and have the ability to coach and develop players," he said.

"Players go to Ipswich, leave better players and go on to become NRL or Super League players.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    As a senior player he is entitled to 6 weeks break from when his world cup ended.
    Yes JB, "entitled" says it all

Hayne move set to cost star $700k

The Titans are well aware of Jarryd Hayne's difficult off-field situation regarding access to his daughter, and they are also aware of his anger that he has been painted as someone who is trying to squeeze every dollar out of the club by delaying a decision on a move to Parramatta.

His daughter will be in Sydney and that's where Hayne will be. His daughter is more important to him than football.

Hayne grew up without his dad playing a huge role in his formative years and he doesn't want history to repeat. He has already moved out of his Gold Coast home and in effect has no fixed address while playing in the World Cup.

The easy option for Hayne would be to cop the $1.2million at the Titans and fly down to Sydney and be a part-time dad. Instead, he will drop around $700,000 to perform more of a full-time role.

No one seems to want to acknowledge the good side of Hayne. Yes, he probably owes the Gold Coast a great season, but the way I understand it is it's all about his daughter and family comes first.

How many people would make that same financial sacrifice? It wouldn't even be a surprise to me if the thought of walking away from the game had crossed his mind. That's how committed he is to his child.

For those who want to say that Hayne is feeding me this or that his management are spinning this line, Ican say that neither has talked to me about any of his struggles.

Flash landing?

And what are the Titans doing about the expected absence of Hayne? We know they have been making inquiries about Roosters veteran Michael Gordon. There has been resistance coming from Bondi Junction, however, as they need his experience and goalkicking.

Raiders centre Joey Leilua has also being linked to the club.

————————

The Gordon stuff interests me.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/m...25-gzsw4i.html
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Inactive User

^^^ what a surprise.
    A Hayne Prodaganda Love Piece written by Danny Wiedler. And if you want a full time role with your daughter then have a proper crack at working things out with the mother of your child.

In regards to Mick Gordon I was writing for months on here last year that Mick would love the club to give him a call and there was nothing. We didn’t even need to pay him that much. Well to get him now we will need to pay.
    Bravo Titans Management once again.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 27-11-17 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    ^^^ what a surprise.
    A Hayne Prodaganda Love Piece written by Danny Wiedler.

In regards to Mick Gordon I was writing for months on here last year that Mick would love the club to give him a call and there was nothing. We didn’t even need to pay him that much. Well to get him now we will need to pay.
    Bravo Titans Management once again.
    Agree with you completely re Gordon. I hope we get him and a few others because our team on paper for next year looks very underwhelming at present. I was happy with the players let go but I doubt we'd even be back to that ability level as yet. At the moment 2018 looks like being a very long season.

Inactive User

^^^ yeah MT I remember last year when I was screaming from the rooftops that Mick wanted to be contacted by the club that you were the only one replying and backing me.
    We could have had him for not far off the minimum pay but nooooo it’s got to be all about Hayne-the gift that keeps on giving.

I would be very very happy with Gordon as our Fullback in the short-term.

I have wanted him before he went to Cronulla and then before he went to the Roosters ... still love him, in a friendly matey sort of way.

As for Hayne, the only thing of interest is how little we pay him. No amount of spin will disguise how poorly he has treated the Titans in every sense.
    Last edited by Titanic; 28-11-17 at 12:44 AM.