Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Hayne

Phillip Sami?

he is a good kid for wing and centre. Played some FB for 20s, but is probably too big to be there at NRL level.

I reckon develop him into Hurrellcane's centre buddy

Micheal Gordon would be a good get.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    Phillip Sami?

he is a good kid for wing and centre. Played some FB for 20s, but is probably too big to be there at NRL level.

I reckon develop him into Hurrellcane's centre buddy
    Yeah that's him, DB.

Also your right about where he'd be better suited. It's just a position (FB) that we might be in strife with again, and I'm clutching at straws.

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    He's of similar calibre as the horse whisperer. Zillman probably made a slightly better impact during the season than Sargison as well.

That said, I don't rate either of them as a option at FB in 2018 for us. Gotta be some better option/s.

Who is that young Polynesian(?) bloke that played a couple of games on left edge this year? Not saying he's much of a option for next year. But develop him for 2019 on wards maybe. He has explosive speed, and a pretty good step on him..
    Have to agree re Sarginson - he doesn’t do a whole lot for me

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Yeah that's him, DB.

Also your right about where he'd be better suited. It's just a position (FB) that we might be in strife with again, and I'm clutching at straws.
    yeah mate wait till you get a load of brimmo then. He could get it done i reckon.

Garth Brennan was brought in SPECIFICALLY because of Hayne. Regardless of how you cut it or your thoughts on Neil Henry, the simple fact is Brennan is here because of Hayne.

If Brennan now says Hayne is not a priority, and Brennan is not even going to worry about whether Hayne is part of the team for 2018 it is just a show of weakness from our head coach IMO. He should be concerned or at least showing concern, and getting some personal assurance from Jarryd Hayne that he will be here in 2018. Anything less shows that our new head coach is not in control of the team before the pre-season even starts. It is not a good start for a new head coach to give all this bad press room to breathe. He should be all over it.

- - - Updated - - -

To put it simply, Garth Brennan and the Titans should be training now for 2018 season with plans with or without Jarryd Hayne.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    Garth Brennan was brought in SPECIFICALLY because of Hayne. Regardless of how you cut it or your thoughts on Neil Henry, the simple fact is Brennan is here because of Hayne.

If Brennan now says Hayne is not a priority, and Brennan is not even going to worry about whether Hayne is part of the team for 2018 it is just a show of weakness from our head coach IMO. He should be concerned or at least showing concern, and getting some personal assurance from Jarryd Hayne that he will be here in 2018. Anything less shows that our new head coach is not in control of the team before the pre-season even starts. It is not a good start for a new head coach to give all this bad press room to breathe. He should be all over it.

- - - Updated - - -

To put it simply, Garth Brennan and the Titans should be training now for 2018 season with plans with or without Jarryd Hayne.
    I don't buy Brennan's words to the media at all...and I'm glad. The issue that Neil and Hayne had is that they both bought in to the issue and were publicly stating one way or another. I'd rather he dismissed it the way he is and dealt with it behind the scenes...creates a lot less media than if he was to start delving into what Hayne has and hasn't said to him. Take the Ryan James comments re the group chat for example...it resulted in like 12 different opinion pieces from different papers.

I guess the imperative with the above is that we trust this is being dealt with in the way you mention (which I agree with) behind the scenes..time will tell I suppose, but from what I've heard re Brennan's way of implementing his ideas since being here, I'd be very surprised if he wasn't all over it and some...an assertive operator

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    yeah mate wait till you get a load of brimmo then. He could get it done i reckon.
    Yeah, mate. Regardless of what's transpired with us previously I am looking forward to our next chapter once we blow out the pipes, and get on with next season.

Any player that has any grievances. Either sort it out now and get on board, or bugger off so we can get on with it.

So with Haynes departure looking more likely by the day the talk will soon focus around a suitable replacement. Brennan has hinted that with the extra $s he'd be looking elsewhere without wanting to block player development. I don't think we've got any ready made replacements so it'll be interesting to see who he has in mind. Contracts don't mean much these days and with the abundance of big name player movement still occurring I'm guessing some clubs will need to shed a player or two.

How good is it watching that useless prick in the 6 jersey for Fiji knowing he won't be with our club next season.

Dugan + Moylan = Holmes on big money to Titans
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Dugan + Moylan = Holmes on big money to Titans
    We are very short on quality outside backs unless the underachievers and youngsters step up.
    Holmes and another quality centre would do the trick.

I see Holmes as a quality winger, stating the obvious and has the makes of a good centre but I don't see the stuff in him that makes a great fullback yet. That doesn't mean he can't get there although he's played there before in U20's. Sounds like he'll be keen to leave Sharks anyhow as hes no longer guaranteed fullback. Some of his stats at FB last year are a little concerning if your paying decent $s and guaranteeing him FB which is the only way he'd make the move

If Brennan can coach then Holmes has the potential plus he is young, a Qlder and a clean skin.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

i think he is essentially Darius Boyd at the same age, maybe a better lateral mover than Darius was.

Another season or two on the wing and he would be ready to move, or put him there now and let him develop in the position as he was a broken field running fullback a la Dugan, more than a billy slater, darren lockyer ball playing 5/8, so needs some time to develop his skills and timing.

I actually don't really like him, something about him bothers me - i rate Gagai as a better player personally. Holmes has shone on the wing in a premiership team to leapfrog into the origin and test teams, whereas Gagai earned his way there from a triple wooden spoon winning side at Newcastle. that's no small feat and he deserves much more credit than he gets for it.

that all said, if titans wnet after him i would support it and expect him to flourish with some time and the right coaching.