Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Hayne

The only glimmer of an upside to him staying is that it's the last year of his contract so typically he should perform. I've still got my fingers crossed he won't be here but we'll just need to endure the "he said/she said" articles. All I need now is for his mum* to come out and say he's definitely staying and I'll breath a sigh of relief that he's leaving.

* I am assuming he had a mother and wasn't born of the cosmos or sent from heaven.

Rep Player

My only hope is that Buzz Rothfield is still not backing down from his comment and more surprisingly Travis Meyn who wrote the "hayne is staying" article commented on the status and said that even though he wrote this story, he still 100% believes he will leave the titans. I can only continue to hope

I'm still furious that this saga is taking the oxygen away from our all important, pending re-birth. We can't afford this circus. He should go quickly or shut up and stay.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

The thing is he has clearly stated that he's staying, so we can only (1) embrace him as one of ours, (2) accuse him of being a liar or (3) call the media friggin' muck-rakers.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

So it's either 1 and 3 or 2 and 3 then...........
    He has stated it on his twitter page and apparently he has told the players that he will be back so the only people saying he is leaving are the media...

Nevermind..
    Last edited by Toads; 11-11-17 at 07:33 AM.

It probably won’t be announced officially until after Fiji’s World Cup campaign is over, but I’m hearing Jarryd Hayne is now a done deal for his return to Parramatta.

Hayne has been linked to the Eels for weeks despite being under contract to the Titans for 2018.

But the Gold Coast, keen to cut costs and not sure Hayne has been value for money this year, are believed to be happy to let the code-hopping star go back to his spiritual home.

Hayne walked out on the Eels in sensational circumstances in 2014 after over 150 games with the club to try his hand at NFL.

When that didn’t work out, he had a crack at rugby sevens with Fiji but failed to make the cut for the Olympic Games.

His two seasons with the Titans have been hot-cold, with a feud with then coach Neil Henry marring his stint on the Coast.

The Eels are happy to wait to announce his signing.

At a sponsorship announcement last Wednesday, chief executive Bernie Gurr said: “We don’t discuss our recruitment strategy publicly. This is not the forum today”
    http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leagu...q1k6xg7wdiwtcv
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Inactive User

^^^ Roosters now have the Pearce money in their Salary Sombrero to get the great man as a Centre

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    ^^^ Roosters now have the Pearce money in their Salary Sombrero to get the great man as a Centre
    I think the Roosters are too smart for that. They get a great role model and team man like Cronk, I don't think they'll want Hayne around to undo the good that Cronk will do.
    If the deal is done if I was the Titans I'd announce it to blow his cover. Fvck him I say.

Get a load of this...

Jarryd Hayne has $180,000 reasons to wait to ask for a release from the Gold Coast Titans
    PHIL ROTHFIELD, Sports Editor-at-Large, The Daily Telegraph
    http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/

SUPERSTAR Jarryd Hayne has 180,000 reasons to wait until January to ask the Gold Coast Titans for a release to join the Parramatta Eels.

The Fijian World Cup five-eighth is due to be paid his monthly salary of $90,000 on November 30 and December 30 — well before he is due to return to Titans training in the new year.

Hayne would forfeit the $180,000 if he was to ask — and be granted — an immediate release.

The $180,000 in World Cup “holiday pay” would allow Hayne to soften the financial pain of having to take a pay cut at the Parramatta Eels.

Hayne is currently spearheading Fiji’s emotional World Cup charge.

The Eels would pay him around the $500,000, which would effectively lift his earnings to around $700,000 for the season. A fair salary considering his form over the last 12 months.

Although if anything, his value has slightly increased during the World Cup.

His direction of play and leadership of the Fijians has been a highlight of the tournament.

The Daily Telegraph understands the Hayne deal is all but done at Parramatta.

At this stage all coach Brad Arthur will say is: “If Jarryd wants to come and play on our terms and if he gets released, we’ll obviously be looking at it. We’ll see what happens.”

Obviously he can’t say more as it would put in danger the first two monthly instalments of his $1 million-plus Gold Coast Titans contract.

Hayne has been careful on social media in his denials of wanting out from the Gold Coast.

He tweeted: “I have NOT instructed my manger to SPEAK to teams in Sydney.”

Maybe not teams (plural) but certainly his old club Parramatta. As a contracted Titans player, it would have to be kept hush anyway.

Hayne’s signing at the Eels has also been delayed until the NRL finalises the new ownership of the Gold Coast.

The NRL feels any decision on a likely release should be left to the new owners, who could even be confirmed by the end of the week.

The previous management team of Rebecca Frizelle and Darryl Kelly are expected to be granted ownership by the end of the week.

Hayne wants to sign a longer term contract — probably for three years — if he is granted a release from the Gold Coast.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Inactive User

^^^ just makes you want to puke. It would mean taking obscene money for nothing and leaving us high and dry in finding suitable replacements with the cap money because of him not leaving now.
    The moral bankruptcy of Parramatta being in on that behaviour too is vile.

But what do you expect-the whole Hayne on the GC experience has been distasteful and slimy every step of the way.

Finally I’d just like to point out that this is the second consecutive pre-season being disrupted epically by this guy and he’s doing it to the tune of $1.2million a year out of OUR collective coffers.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 20-11-17 at 08:26 PM.

Truthfully Parramatta should show some solidarity instead of trying to rat**** us.

But there you go.

The fact that we have been put in this position is reprehensible ... if he is to be released then the Eels should pay compensation to us.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

The Jarryd Hayne Experience.. It's like one of those gifts that keeps on giving.

Looks like we'll be free of the mercenary & if true he will replace DCE as the most hated to ever step foot on Skilled

It will be better for the club in the long run
    #itaintweaktospeak