Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Hayne

I’d just like to see something from the club or Hayne one way or the other.

Until then it’s giving press to a bloke that thrives on it

We won't hear anything from Jarryd, rj. Because it appears his usual tactic is to undermine in the background, and whenever confronted about it by the media he denies it all until the Club announces the outcome publicly.

Even though Annesley has copped some flak from me before. I do have some sympathy for him when it comes to Jarryd. Because he made it fairly evident last press conference "He doesn't know what Jarryd is up to", and reverts to playing catch up with the stuff that media enlighten him about.

But then again, a lot of it would fall on Annesley's shoulders for signing him up in the first place.

Inactive User

^^^ everyone who went to the last Fan Forum saw how sensitive and thin skinned Annesley is in regards to criticism of the signing of Hayne

Most people tend to be sensitive when a big decision they have made explodes in their faces.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    ^^^ everyone who went to the last Fan Forum saw how sensitive and thin skinned Annesley is in regards to criticism of the signing of Hayne
    Yea apparently everyone who was applauding the suggestion of Hayne being dropped to QCUP was cheering the signing. That really pissed me off, it wasn't a smart thing to say and showed contempt to the supporters intelligence.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

How annoying is it that every team seems to be signing or on the verge of signing a ''big name'' where as the Titans will be over joyed to lose their biggest ''star''
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Because ‘we are the Titans’.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Rep Player

He might be doubling down but the question was asked again to buzz rothfield about Hayne. He said haynes move to the Eels is "all but done" and that he will be "walking" meaning titans wont have to shell out anything. God I hope this is true! Again Ill believe it once its officially announced

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    He might be doubling down but the question was asked again to buzz rothfield about Hayne. He said haynes move to the Eels is "all but done" and that he will be "walking" meaning titans wont have to shell out anything. God I hope this is true! Again Ill believe it once its officially announced
    I hope it is true as well, but everyone in the league of titans knows nothing is ever certain with hayne, we could just as likely end up with him next year.

I do hope we offload him and get Corey Norman in return bring Corey back home.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...b0bedca75a862a

Jarryd Hayne tells Titans teammates he will be staying at Gold Coast
    TRAVIS MEYN, The Courier-Mail
    42 minutes ago
    Subscriber only
    JARRYD Hayne has told his Titans teammates he will not be walking out on the Gold Coast.

The Titans hit the training paddock on Thursday morning for their first fitness session of the 2018 pre-season under new coach Garth Brennan.

Hayne has been linked with a move back to Parramatta, mostly for family reasons, and is currently on World Cup duty with Fiji.

Hayne has publicly denied he wants to quit the Titans and told his teammates in a group messaging chat he will be staying, according to forward Ryan James.

“We’re expecting him to come back,” he said.

“He said on the ‘WhatsApp’ (group chat) he hasn’t spoken to anyone (other clubs) yet.

“We’re expecting him back when he’s due back.

“He has kept in contact with all of us. He spoke to all of us and let us know.

“I’ve got no doubts (he wants to stay) from what he’s said to us so hopefully that happens.”

Hayne has not requested a release from the Titans, however the club is aware his young daughter is living in NSW.

Hayne had an uninspiring 2017 NRL campaign and was involved in a feud with former coach Neil Henry, who was sacked late in the season as the Titans languished near the bottom of the ladder.

Ryan James and the Titans players have been in touch with Jarryd Hayne.
    Hayne has produced some moments of brilliance in the World Cup, albeit against poor opposition, and James said the Titans were banking on him being at his best in 2018.

“Jarryd is a big part of our team,” he said.

“When he is firing there are not many people that can stop him.

“He has been playing great for Fiji and looks like he’s having fun doing that as well.

“Hopefully he can bring that back into the squad early next year.”

I think most of the time they make up stuff to sell papers. Who knows what is true these days. Just look at the employing a new coach drama as an example. There were articles that the walkers were favoured, then Walter, then Daley, then Maguire and Demetriot and there was multiple articles about all the other options all sounding like the deal was close. It was only in the last minute that we heard anything positive about Brennan. I really think half of what is written is as Donald Trump says, "Fake News"

I personally think Hayne will stay and i'm ok with that.
    Psmitty

Inactive User

All I can think of is that when Rothfield broke the story that Parramatta was inundated by so many irate emails and phone calls from sponsors and members that they have gone cold on the negotiations.

A friend of mine who’s an insane Eels fan told me that if Hayne went back to Parra that she will jump ship and fully commit to the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post

A friend of mine who’s an insane Eels fan told me that if Hayne went back to Parra that she will jump ship and fully commit to the Titans.
    As far as I'm concerned if you are an insane fan, you can't just drop a club and switch to another. Well not if you come from Sydney anyway where it's a more tribal than that.

I digress, I was really disappointed to read the article about him not leaving. Just as I was thinking we'd be rid of him and start rebuilding the culture, he might still be here. Worst news of the off season. I just hope the move is still being worked through behind the scenes.

Inactive User

^^^ she does go to the odd Titans game and suits up in Titans gear but for the other 166 hours of the week she’s Eels Eels Eels

Shoelace tying, lower leg injuries, passes into the grandstand ... brand Hayne is something to look forward to.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.